Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: dad sending text from son’s phone. I admit, this raises my eyebrows too.

1. Why text from the son’s phone that is allegedly broken? The whole phone thing is very bizarre.

2. Do you really take time to do this while your kid is missing?

http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...county-upenn-penn-philadelphia-missing-person

7a8f7fb6ef8a46ace392725d7a508a07.jpg

To be fair, I haven't read anything from MSM that Blaze's phone was broken, just that he had a loaner from a relative that he was using. Nothing to my knowledge has been publically stated as to WHY he was using a different phone.

Now, from this report, it seems his father had access to his personal phone in order to send the foodie article. FWIW

No buses run that late at night around here. Definitely no greyhound station nearby. Closest major transportation center is in Irvine, which is not within walking distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely not a possibility.

1. Why text from the son’s phone that is allegedly broken? The whole phone thing is very bizarre.

http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...county-upenn-penn-philadelphia-missing-person

7a8f7fb6ef8a46ace392725d7a508a07.jpg
Maybe BB's body of research was stored on the phone? Completed (or even partial) projects are valuable. I can see the father submitting his son's hard work in his stead. I'd do the same for my kid if I knew she'd poured so much if herself into a project. I'd submit it with pride in my kid. And naturally, grief.

Maybe the driver didn't know Blaze was "missing" until he was contacted about it by the parents.

<snip>

I'm curious now, too. So the father has Blaze's phone and Blaze had a relative's phone. Maybe Blaze's phone is now repaired?

It's also strange that father would know how to access Blaze's phone. I find it hard to believe that a 19-yr-old was cool with his parents having access to his phone. Is that how they were able to access his SM accounts?

no way would a person tell an adult 19 year person's parents anything about what was up on the same night.. ..this young man is an ADULT!,,and maybe his friend was too...

Right! However people were commenting that the friend didn’t go talk to the parents because he didn’t know where they lived, etc. My point was he picked him up so he had an address.

Maybe the driver didn't know Blaze was "missing" until he was contacted about it by the parents.

It’s possible, but if his story is true....and he felt the need to go look for him at 4am, I think most reasonable people would have at least gone to his house to make sure he had made it home.

His father stated earlier today that they had to go to the Apple store. My guess is Blaze busted the screen on his phone, borrowed a relative’s, Dad just took the broken one in to be repaired and now has access to it and his contacts.

Could be, but what teenager do you know with a busted screen is not taking it in immediately to have it fixed. Just seems odd that he’d go all of holiday break with a broken phone when he was due to leave in less than a week.

At this point I'm thinking that Blaze is not in the park. OCSD has searched it high and low apparently and the parents were able to get drone flights to scout the area as well. They are still analyzing the drone footage but if Blaze was in the park I think OCSD would have found him after all the searches. The fact OCSD called the foot searches off tells me they are confident Blaze isn't in the park.

I initially speculated that this might have been a hook-up gone awry but based on what we currently know, I no longer think this was a hook-up. Call it 20+ years of being around gay hook-up culture but this just doesn't smell like a hook-up gone wrong. If there is one thing I can say about younger gay guys who engage in hook-ups, they are very PICKY and in todays day and age of social media they insist on multiple photos, snapchat messages or kik messages. After being away from Grindr for a long time I re-installed it on my phone to see what the scene was like now and nearly every 18-30yo profile had either a snapchat or kik username attached to it with directions to message the person on either platform.

Anyway. I don't think this was someone new to Blaze, I think this was someone Blaze knew long-term, the mysterious HS friend that is. What happened to Blaze? I have no clue but as sad as it is, I think Blaze may have taken his own life.
I’m with ypu! I don’t think he’s in the park. It’s been pretty heavily searched.

Also I’m still caught up on how he would have gotten out of there. As I know it (I can drive by tomorrow but I’m pretty sure I’m right) the only point of entry for a vehicle would be the way he came in. The next lot that he would have walked to that was vehicle accessible is down a fairly steep path. In my opinion the only way he’d go down that is willingly. And if he was going to do that he would have much easier just started in that lot.

no way would a person tell an adult 19 year person's parents anything about what was up on the same night.. ..this young man is an ADULT!,,and maybe his friend was too...

My only thought on that was if he was concerned enough to go back at 4AM, I would like to think he would be concerned enough to see if he was home.

To be fair, I haven't read anything from MSM that Blaze's phone was broken, just that he had a loaner from a relative that he was using. Nothing to my knowledge has been publically stated as to WHY he was using a different phone.

Now, from this report, it seems his father had access to his personal phone in order to send the foodie article. FWIW

Fair enough. It was assumed the phone was not in working condition otherwise I don’t know why a 19yo wouldn’t be allowed to have his own phone but could use a loaner phone?! Just makes no sense.

I'm curious now, too. So the father has Blaze's phone and Blaze had a relative's phone. Maybe Blaze's phone is now repaired?

It's also strange that father would know how to access Blaze's phone. I find it hard to believe that a 19-yr-old was cool with his parents having access to his phone. Is that how they were able to access his SM accounts?

I have my doubts the father picked up the phone after repair.
The phone should have been in a police forensics lab being mined and cracked for any data.
Surely the cops did that, maybe made a clone and gave the original back to the father.

Living with the illusion that "nothing is wrong".....may have driven BB mad......[/QUOTE
Sorry all, tried to sleep...failed. I fear something drove him away, five minutes from his family home.

It&#8217;s possible, but if his story is true....and he felt the need to go look for him at 4am, I think most reasonable people would have at least gone to his house to make sure he had made it home.
I respectfully disagree. I think if these were females then maybe. But Blaze has been living out on his own for awhile, living an adult life with adult responsibilities, away from home. By all rights, Blaze is a man.

While I 100% agree with those who are turning their head sideways in question of why the guy went back at 4:00 am, it's also possible the driver has a busy life of his own and assumed all was well. Maybe he even thought about checking in on him, but just shrugged it off instead.

Fair enough. It was assumed the phone was not in working condition otherwise I don&#8217;t know why a 19yo wouldn&#8217;t be allowed to have his own phone but could use a loaner phone?! Just makes no sense.
I,will add that when I was home in CA w T mobile, my phone wouldn't work.m I had to get a new carrier and number.

I have my doubts the father picked up the phone after repair.
The phone should have been in a police forensics lab being mined and cracked for any data.
Surely the cops did that, maybe made a clone and gave the original back to the father.

Good point. There was a lot speculation about the phone situation in thread one. Now we know that he brought it back with him to Cali. Maybe it was damaged late during his stay and he only had the loaner for a day or two.

Thanks for offering your opinion. I do know for a fact that using poppers with certain meds causes an extreme and precarious drop in blood pressure.
It has also been suggested that perhaps the partner was an older teacher who may use them. I'm not saying this is what happened and admittedly this theory is a stretch, but an accident isnt impossible either. And hey, we haven't even concluded this as a gay encounter either.

I wasn't referencing what poppers are capable of doing, I was saying that poppers are no longer commonly used by gay and bisexual men during sexual encounters. It's a bygone practice that is kept alive by very few people in the grand scheme of the gay community. Poppers are viewed in the same way as bathhouses, something used by "dirty" people. It isn't something Blaze would have even encountered unless he was a secret leather pup hanging out in dungeons, getting his kicks with a daddy or a secret "sex pig" engaging in group sex These are the people in the hook-up community who still use poppers.

My apologies to any fellow WS's for my very direct words in the preceeding paragraph who may be offended. I felt it necessary to not beat around the bush and to quash this rumor before it becomes a WS fact.

UPenn, cannot check on an apt off campus. LE can w a warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi