Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He only problem with 3 is that he didn't know where Blaze lived. I think he would have his address if they were in a relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But per BB’s Tumblr post from 2 years ago (senior year of high school?) he was still closeted. So likely he wouldn’t have been hanging out with this friend/ex-lover at his home. Plus, the boys attended a commuter school. My teens go to a school that prides itself on having kids from over 50 zip codes, so needless to say my kids have some friends who really live too far away for them to spend time at each others’ homes on the weekends. Plus kids these days don’t even need to see their friends as much as we did growing up because they do so much communicating online from Instagram to Snapchat to FaceTime calls.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the suspect was the ex-BF from high school mentioned in the Tumblr post. I definitely don’t see it as a hate crime.

Pulling his hands over his jacket so that his prints would not be on door handles etc just shows that he has something to hide. I normal innocent person wouldn't be doing that. And who has a girlfriend and not remember her last name? Really, come up with a better story.

Agreed. It's laughable. It also shows his absolute stupidity and naivety. It's pretty easy for LE to get his prints if they want them.

Good point!

The timeline/text to female friend came from one of the interviews w the family and the family attorney. If someone could post the link to the media page I could probably find it but I can't remember which thread the media link page was on.

I know I read it. I'm searching and can't find it. Should be working right now. Lol!

He only problem with 3 is that he didn't know where Blaze lived. I think he would have his address if they were in a relationship.

I completely agree with you, I have always suspected from the very start that the driver aka HS “buddy” was behind this.
My feelings are that this person is claiming to be an old friend of his but I believe it’s a stranger. I think the Snapchat conversation that BB had prior to the meeting was with this stranger. My hunch is they met on a dating site of sorts, exchanged Snapchat addresses to verify that they are who they say they are. Flirt a little. BB texts him the address and it goes from there...
Young adults tend to communicate more via apps like Snapchat and Instagram vs email, texting or calls. This is just what I know based on having teenagers and working with them.
This is so sad. RIP Blaze

Is it confirmed fact that Blaze was gay? There is a lot of mention of it but I just haven't seen it in MSM or anything like that.

God, this poor boy :( I dread to think what information will be uncovered about his premature death.

I apologize if I've missed a basic fact that makes this theory totally not plausible: could it be that they knew each other from high school but met that night via some hook-up site not realizing that they knew each other from high school?

Based on the evidence so far, yes it’s absolutely plausible that they were only loosely acquainted before and then reconnected via an app.

The 3rd search warrant could be for his phone.

Does anyone have a link to verify the 11:30 text message people keep referring to? Where did that info come from? I missed it.

https://www.google.com/amp/ktla.com...sing-case-being-investigated-as-homicide/amp/

The last time he was heard from was around half an hour later, when he sent a final text to a female friend.

After that, his phone apparently stopped working and couldn't be tracked using the Find My iPhone app, his parents said.

I completely agree with you, I have always suspected from the very start that the driver aka HS “buddy” was behind this.
My feelings are that this person is claiming to be an old friend of his but I believe it’s a stranger. I think the Snapchat conversation that BB had prior to the meeting was with this stranger. My hunch is they met on a dating site of sorts, exchanged Snapchat addresses to verify that they are who they say they are. Flirt a little. BB texts him the address and it goes from there...
Young adults tend to communicate more via apps like Snapchat and Instagram vs email, texting or calls. This is just what I know based on having teenagers and working with them.

BBM.

I thought it was confirmed that Blaze knew this individual from HS?

The text to his female friend was in the first missing poster which stated, in the same sentence, that the odd text to his female friend around 11:30pm was what made his parents suspect foul play was involved, after which his phone was disabled (paraphrasing.) When articles were updated, that statement was removed.

Around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday a puzzling text was sent from Bernstein's cell phone after which the device inexplicably went dead, Dona said. “That last text to a female friend is the reason we are suspecting foul play,” she said, declining to elaborate.

https://firenewsfeed.com/news/967069

But didn’t the parents state that he was an old HS buddy? Wouldn’t they have checked an old school directory or something to verify that? I know if my child was missing I wouldn’t take someone’s word for it that they knew my kid from HS if they were the last person to have been with my child. Or maybe they were instructed by LE to go along with the suspect’s story? I really got the impression they he was missing vs foul play, though...

Just caught up on nearly 24 hours of posts :tantrum:

I thought from the start that the driver had everything to do with this. How LE wasn't actively asking people for information. How Blaze's Dad was almost overstating the fact that the driver had been very helpful (would place my bets on LE orchestrating him to say this). How there was an initial report about a text making them believe foul play was involved but then that information was retracted. The fb page, pretty much saying they don't need information.

I'm also wondering if there was never even those two sightings of a male walking on the highway. May have all just been to lull the driver into a false sense of security, IMO.

So senseless;
RIP Blaze

Regarding texting the address, because I have seen this said so much, I often ask friends to text me their addresses even if I've been there many times, for two reasons:

1) to get Google directions so I can get there without having to retype the address into the GPS (you just click on the text)
2) to get the house number if it's a big confusing neighborhood where all the houses look the same

BBM.

It’s been said by the OC Register that they attended the same high school, which seems easy enough to confirm, but I don’t think it’s been verified that they were HS friends. I think that was just what the driver was claiming. (It certainly could be true, but now we’ve seen that other pieces of the driver’s story aren’t adding up either.)

And yes, BB was definitely gay. He was seen on Tinder and Grindr, and his Tumblr has several posts indicating that he liked men and at certain points was having difficulty coming out to his family.

Is it confirmed fact that Blaze was gay? There is a lot of mention of it but I just haven't seen it in MSM or anything like that.

God, this poor boy :( I dread to think what information will be uncovered about his premature death.

Based on his Spotify (online music player) account, I think we can confirm he was. But there's always room for doubt.

Edit: deleted photo for respect

At home he could have covered it up with a hoodie and turtlenecks are big in Philly. That being said I don't think that's what happened in this case. I'd like to give the friend the benefit of the doubt but I don't think this was at all accidental (though I'm sure that if charges are filed, that will be the defense).

Agree with this. I’m not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. No more than I would give someone who kills someone during a bout of domestic violence.

Could be relationship violence. Could be a hate crime. Could be a violent response to something during their encounter. But I’m not willing to believe it was any sort of accident. Though I do expect that will be his defense (or he may try self-defense).

And the gf alibi...definitely an attempt to say “see, I’m not even gay.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM.

It still could be a stranger in the sense that they may have attended the same high school but didn’t know each other very well. His family said they didn’t recognize or know the individual.
I mean it’s totally possible that his parents never met this person because BB was hiding his friendship with him from them.

Sadly, Blaze's 'friend' killed him. And, it was due to Blaze being gay. When it all comes out in the wash, the motive will be rooted in homosexuality. He was a lovely young man with so much potential and so much to offer in life, if he would have been allowed to live. The killer may also be a lovely young man with much to offer and will be lost to prison. Two families will be destroyed forever. It is all so pointless.

I always think of the people who find the body, the LE personnel and all those who have to be intimately involved with the murder and how it impacts them and their families as well. It is a wide ring of damage to so many people.

They are all in my prayers.

It’s been said by the OC Register that they attended the same high school, which seems easy enough to confirm, but I don’t think it’s been verified that they were HS friends. I think that was just what the driver was claiming. (It certainly could be true, but now we’ve seen that other pieces of the driver’s story aren’t adding up either.)

And yes, BB was definitely gay. He was seen on Tinder and Grindr, and his Tumblr has several posts indicating that he liked men and at certain points was having difficulty coming out to his family.

:tyou:, JBFletch. This helps a lot, it saves me going through a whole thread!

ETA: And everyone else who answered my questions :heartbeat:

Oh Blaze :( I wish we could go back in time and change what would happen. Far too young :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia