Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently a text was sent from Blaze's phone after he was picked up by this friend. When was that sent -- was it shortly before Blaze's phone was turned off at 11:30 pm? I'm thinking the killer may have sent a phony diversionary text from his phone, then shut it off.

Did he know then? If so that's quite bizarre

According to KTLA 5 News, the family was informed on Wednesday, so they did not know when the father posted on Facebook on Tuesday night.

“The teen's body was found Tuesday around 2 p.m. in brush surrounding the park, officials said. Investigators believe he had been in the park since his disappearance and was likely killed the same night he went missing...Bernstein's body was not positively identified until Wednesday morning, at which point his parents were notified, according to Valentine.”

Link: http://ktla.com/2018/01/10/ivy-leagu...d-as-homicide/

That's true. Altho the other reason why I have my doubts about a drug deal is that buying drugs is way less... covert(?) these days, IMO. I'm a few years older than BB, and while I'm not big on recreational drug use, I have acquaintances who are. And personally, I can't see any of them agreeing to meet in a deserted park to buy the supply. That would set off all sorts of red flags about the person you're buying from. Maybe a parking lot with open fast food restaurants nearby, but not in a darkly lit park. But drug sales are much more out in the open these days. I personally would never venture into Borrego that late at night (not with all the coyotes and other wild animals in the area), and most people in the area don't either. Which would make it perfect for trying to find a place for a hookup if both you and the person you're meeting can't meet at someone's house.

To me, you'd only meet at the park if you wanted the safety/risk of being completely alone with someone.

Agreed and I personally don't think drugs played any part. Just noting that it could fit the circumstances that we are aware of

good info..who made the calls for missing adult?? was it his parents? how did they know he went there??
thanks,,,,

Thank you, SoCalRes. I know that was difficult.

Hello everyone. First post here, so first of all, congratulations for the very informative and tidy discussion. As a private investigator myself, I have a few things to add to the already rich amount of information being discussed in here.
Looking at the Sheriff Blotter that was posted, you can see that starting on the 3rd (The day BB's parents noticed he was missing), there are several calls for "Missing Adult" to the 0 Block of Palazzo Circle. A quick google map search will show it is pretty close to the park where the meeting and subsequent crime has occurred (one mile).
So it is plausible the assumption that BB texted his "friend" (quotes purposely placed) to pick him up at home, and when asked "where should we go?", he pointed the park as a secluded place, not too far away from his house - ideal for a late night encounter of that sort.
That would explain the friend coming from NB needing his address.
I am fairly positive the friend is most likely who has committed the crime, and also have a strong feeling this was a late night encounter arranged in a LGBT app.
Hope this sheds even more light in this forum.

M

What if it was Lily who did it since she lives in NB and so does the suspect. And she stopped being an Admin on the Facebook site. Weird

Whereas she could very well be involved (Altho doubtful imo), I don't see her as being the actual perp. Anyone else have thoughts?

he knew they found a body last night....all the neighborhood saw the command post there. it was not id officially until today.. too horrible...

Thank you, SoCalRes. I know that was difficult.

According to KTLA 5 News, the family was informed on Wednesday, so they did not know when the father posted on Facebook on Tuesday night.

“The teen's body was found Tuesday around 2 p.m. in brush surrounding the park, officials said. Investigators believe he had been in the park since his disappearance and was likely killed the same night he went missing...Bernstein's body was not positively identified until Wednesday morning, at which point his parents were notified, according to Valentine.”

Link: http://ktla.com/2018/01/10/ivy-leagu...d-as-homicide/

We've got to do better as a society. Republicans, Democratics, whatever. I'm very guilty myself. We cannot put our heads in the sand about our children, spouses, family and every human on earth anymore. We are all human beings. I'm really sick and tired of hearing about people in these situations living in closets. We must learn, show, and preach tolerance no matter if we`re raised in the North or South. I know our younger generations learn from their family and environment still. As long as we keep closing our minds, things like this will happen. I for one am listening to my heart and not man made religion anymore. We are all worthy of love and life.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I found the presser very telling today. Nothing mentioned about asking anyone with information to come forward. After about the 5 minute mark, a reporter asked a question (I couldn't hear what was asked) and the reply was something to the effect (not verbatim) "oh, yeah, if anyone has any information, feel free to contact us".

I also think an arrest is imminent.

jmo

Newport Beach. I don't know whether Lily lived there. I think she was in Pennsylvania. I've heard she had an internship in Southern California starting this winter, but that might be rumor rather than fact.

I wondered about that too.

As you imply with "so-called," may have been the friend who killed him -- we don't know. If he indeed ran from someone, it may have been from the "friend."

Sure seems that way. And in Borrego Park, those search dogs that we had so much faith in didn't find him. Things to remember in relation to future cases.

In the press release, the search with the dogs was "inconclusive". I take that to mean that one of them may have picked up a scent of body fluid, but because the suspect had perhaps carried Blaze to his shallow grave, maybe the scent was lost? All I know is that it was said "inconclusive", so I am going on the belief myself that either a searcher found something significant, or one or so dogs might have reacted to a scent somewhere on the trail, but for whatever reason, they lost it. That's why I think the dogs should be brought out ASAP for missing persons, both cadaver and search and rescue dogs. The fresher the scent, the more accurate the dogs are.

I have access to tumbler and live 15 miles from where he lived whomever was asking...

I found the presser very telling today. Nothing mentioned about asking anyone with information to come forward. After about the 5 minute mark, a reporter asked a question (I couldn't hear what was asked) and the reply was something to the effect (not verbatim) "oh, yeah, if anyone has any information, feel free to contact us".

I also think an arrest is imminent.

jmo

Agree. I think they are just waiting for a cause of death from the autopsy. Then, the arrest.

good info..who made the calls for missing adult?? was it his parents? how did they know he went there??
thanks,,,,

Impossible to pinpoint that without access to the actual call. But these are all the times OCSD was dispatched about a missing person (or other such as support to other agency) to the 0 BLOCK PALAZZO CIRCLE address in Lake Forest.

1/3/2018 4:13:49 PM
1/3/2018 4:20:08 PM
180103-0688[/TD]
MISSING ADULT
0 BLK PALLAZO CIR

1/3/2018 10:47:58 PM
1/3/2018 10:53:27 PM
180103-0927
MISSING ADULT
0 BLK PALLAZO CIR

1/4/2018 2:34:22 PM
1/4/2018 2:47:40 PM
180104-0621
ASSIST OUTSIDE AGENCY
0 BLK PALLAZO CIR

This is the relative distance from Pallazzo Circle to Borrego Park
attachment.php

Also Borrego Park is Located at 26982 Cabriole.
These are the dispatch calls to the Park's block:

1/6/2018 6:36:52 AM
1/6/2018 6:36:52 AM
180106-0118
FOLLOW UP REPORT
27000 BLK CABRIOLE

1/8/2018 3:08:44 AM
1/8/2018 3:08:44 AM
180108-0047
PATROL CHECK
26900 BLK CABRIOLE

1/8/2018 7:25:15 PM
1/8/2018 7:25:15 PM
180108-0696
PATROL CHECK
26900 BLK CABRIOLE

1/8/2018 7:36:58 PM
1/8/2018 7:37:00 PM
180108-0699
PEDESTRIAN CHECK
26900 BLK CABRIOLE

This information is public and available at the OCSD Sheriff Blotter:
http://www.ocsd.org/gov/sheriff/howdoi/eservices/blotter.asp

Hope this enlightens the discussion a bit more.
M.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 463
Whereas she could very well be involved (Altho doubtful imo), I don't see her as being the actual perp. Anyone else have thoughts?

I do not believe she is involved. Anything is possible at this point but I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. I am actually really uncomfortable with the suggestion and the mention of her name on here.

in my opinion , the young woman who received the text has had enough. Why are we naming her. She is not a POI. this thread is going to get shut down again. We can not sleuth her.

And while the family may not have been told that the body was identified until the early morning, no doubt they were told a body was found with probability it was Blaze.

I do not believe she is involved. Anything is possible at this point but I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. I am actually really uncomfortable with the suggestion and the mention of her name on here.

Me also

I agree. Her name shouldn’t be mentioned as much as one of our own in this case. Shame.

http://people.com/crime/missing-california-student-blaze-bernstein-found-dead-park/

Interesting quote at the end of the article

Braun says investigators learned that Bernstein was either picked up or met a friend at Borrego Park around 11 p.m. on Jan. 2 and “they got separated somehow and the friend told our investigators that Blaze walked off and he didn’t return, and that was the last time the friend said he saw him.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi