Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
remem ber someone found bb name on nazi hate site said bb was cruising , maybe teased bb by placing fake
ads, bb targeted.....horrific.... my hearts breaks for al involved.......

Oh no, how absolutely horrible, but sadly and unfortunately it sounds like a strong possibility to me. :mad:

When I read "friend's" comment about "fight club" I thought it was completely ridiculous. But maybe if these kids were involved in martial arts (even at a beginner level) they could have occasionally gotten together with other friends to go over and practice their forms and moves and they just called it "fight club" because that sounded better than "we get together at xyz's house or the park to do our karate moves." I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

Believe it or not, organized 'fight clubs' were a real thing about 8 to 10 yrs ago, in a neighborhood very much like the one in this case.

We lived in a very similar school district, very safe, upper middle to high income area , which we sought out purposely. Turns out, lots of these 'entitled' kids had way too much time and money on their hands. lol

My 14 yr old daughter was supposedly doing homework after school with her best friend every Thursday. :doh: One day I got a call from the sheriff, to come pick her up at the house across the street from her 'homework buddy.'

Turns out the 2 boys that lived there had a very organized after school Fight Club. When it finally became too big, neighbors noticed and called the cops. I was shocked. It never occurred to me that was what she was really doing every Thursday. :blush:

Since Blaze was an editor, I'm wondering if his last text sent had bad grammar or spelling, which would make his friend and family know it really wasn't Blaze communicating.

<modsnip> Names of possible suspects, including their initials, are not allowed here until the person is positively ID&#8217;d as the suspect by LE. There&#8217;s a reason for that. <modsnip> Let&#8217;s try to avoid getting the thread locked here. No access at a crucial time like this would hurt. We&#8217;re in Tricia&#8217;s house. We need to abide by her house rules.

:peace:

On another note, about the camping gear in the rental.

My family grew up camping. My family is also spread out over Southern and Central California so we travel on the road a lot. Vehicles break down.

Most of my family travels with a sleeping bag and/or blanket in their vehicles, just in case. I always have one in the trunk of my car as well as a lawn chair and bottled water. When I had a rental, I moved that gear into the rental.

FWIW.

<modsnip> Names of possible suspects, including their initials, are not allowed here until the person is positively ID&#8217;d as the suspect by LE. There&#8217;s a reason for that. <modsnip> Let&#8217;s try to avoid getting the thread locked here. No access at a crucial time like this would hurt. We&#8217;re in Tricia&#8217;s house. We need to abide by her house rules.

I could not agree more with what you've said. we all need to follow the rules....if a person wants to discuss that information then stay on that site and discuss it there don't bring it over here

Hi all. I've been lurking this site and forums for about a week now and just now decided to actually sign up. For some reason this particular case really hit me hard. I was hoping that Blaze was just a runaway and would be found safely but as the day's progressed the more likely foul play seemed to be involved. I live very close to where this happened. Santa Ana to be exact. I was in Lake Forest just this past week visiting my uncle and cousins. Just knowing how close I was to where this happened gives me an eerie sensation. I think that may be why I was so invested in this case. I see a lot of similarities between myself and Blaze: both young college students with turbulent lives at home struggling to fit in with society. It scares me that someone could do something so horrific especially so close to my home. It makes me second guess my surroundings and the people I interact with everyday. Newport Beach is about 5 minutes away from me and it almost feels like it could have been me had I interacted with the wrong people. My heart aches so much for Blaze and his friends and family. He had a bright future ahead of him I know it. Just by looking at his social media, I know he had so many people that loved and cared for him and he was going to get through life just fine. I have mixed emotions ranging from sadness to anger. What makes people think they have the right to take an innocent person's life? I can't stop picturing him in his final moments, probably so terrified, do you think he realized that those were probably the final seconds of his life? Ughhh I know I shouldn't think like this but it's hard not to. We need justice for him and his family. Whoever did this deserves to rot in prison forever.

Hi all. I've been lurking this site and forums for about a week now and just now decided to actually sign up. For some reason this particular case really hit me hard. I was hoping that Blaze was just a runaway and would be found safely but as the day's progressed the more likely foul play seemed to be involved. I live very close to where this happened. Santa Ana to be exact. I was in Lake Forest just this past week visiting my uncle and cousins. Just knowing how close I was to where this happened gives me an eerie sensation. I think that may be why I was so invested in this case. I see a lot of similarities between myself and Blaze: both young college students with turbulent lives at home struggling to fit in with society. It scares me that someone could do something so horrific especially so close to my home. It makes me second guess my surroundings and the people I interact with everyday. Newport Beach is about 5 minutes away from me and it almost feels like it could have been me had I interacted with the wrong people. My heart aches so much for Blaze and his friends and family. He had a bright future ahead of him I know it. Just by looking at his social media, I know he had so many people that loved and cared for him and he was going to get through life just fine. I have mixed emotions ranging from sadness to anger. What makes people think they have the right to take an innocent person's life? I can't stop picturing him in his final moments, probably so terrified, do you think he realized that those were probably the final seconds of his life? Ughhh I know I shouldn't think like this but it's hard not to. We need justice for him and his family. Whoever did this deserves to rot in prison forever.

Welcome, and thanks for an insightful first post. I agree with your comments; these things are very difficult to understand. So many do struggle to fit into society. I hope you find your niche soon.

HUGS

<modsnip>Names of possible suspects, including their initials, are not allowed here until the person is positively ID&#8217;d as the suspect by LE. There&#8217;s a reason for that. <modsnip> Let&#8217;s try to avoid getting the thread locked here. No access at a crucial time like this would hurt. We&#8217;re in Tricia&#8217;s house. We need to abide by her house rules.

BBM; Pretty Please. We will find out ACCURATELY who the culprit is as soon as it is released by LE. There is no advantage to having a perfect guess here if it means we are shut down when we can let loose on sleuthing the name when LE releases it.

it seems a lot of investigatory information is being released, more than usual I would think .
dirt
scratches
door handles
items in car
nerveousness
girl friends non name and address
Could this be a tactic?
He's not under arrest so it's not pressure for a plea I wouldn't think.
Smoke out an accomplice?

It's interesting that you mention this. I was thinking of this in the back of my mind also. How is it that the OC Register was able to get a copy of this particular affidavit? For the attorneys out there or those who are more experienced with the machinations of the justice system, is this normal practice? Are these things generally public record? I understand from a prior post that there were 3 warrants issued and all of the affidavits are now sealed.

Was it just luck that OC Register was able to obtain this info before the affidavit was sealed, or was it perhaps leaked?

Just curious

You know it is public record and covered by the California Public Records Act, but I went to the website and it can take 10 days to get records. So now I think it could have been leaked. Interesting.

I haven't been following this story that closely but what has lead people to believe this is related to gay activity? When I first read this story my immediate thought was a drug deal gone bad. Nothing specific made me think that just the whole business about meeting someone in a park at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. I don't know.

:grouphug: remy

:welcome6:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts & fears....you are in good company here.

Remy, I'm new here myself, just joined a few days ago for some of the same reasons as you. I live in north Irvine about 10 minutes away from Foothill Ranch. My wife and I eat and shop in Foothill Ranch frequently, just around the corner from Borrego Park. Something about this case just grabbed me and wouldn't let go, the proximity and mysteriousness of it I guess

It's really a sad story, and if it turns out to be a hate crime that will make it even more sad. Intolerance of people different from you is probably one of the biggest things plaguing our country at the moment in my opinion.

In any case, welcome. From what I can tell, this site is a pretty good online community with nice, thoughtful, caring, and respectful people.

And good look to you with your own struggles. My only recommendation to you is never be afraid to be yourself. In my experience, most people are good people, and even though OC is fairly conservative, most people here are fairly tolerant. Unfortunately, it's the bad apples that spoil the bunch. Even though I'm not a huge fan of social media sometimes, one thing it's very good at is making it easier to connect with people who will accept you for who you are.

Believe it or not, organized 'fight clubs' were a real thing about 8 to 10 yrs ago, in a neighborhood very much like the one in this case.

We lived in a very similar school district, very safe, upper middle to high income area , which we sought out purposely. Turns out, lots of these 'entitled' kids had way too much time and money on their hands. lol

My 14 yr old daughter was supposedly doing homework after school with her best friend every Thursday. :doh: One day I got a call from the sheriff, to come pick her up at the house across the street from her 'homework buddy.'

Turns out the 2 boys that lived there had a very organized after school Fight Club. When it finally became too big, neighbors noticed and called the cops. I was shocked. It never occurred to me that was what she was really doing every Thursday. :blush:

Can’t help but ask what was she doing? Were they in fact practicing Karate?

This was already mentioned upthread but not yet discussed:

Investigators Test Evidence for DNA in Killing of Blaze Bernstein
Detectives investigating the killing of a 19-year-old Ivy League student whose body was found in an Orange County park are running forensic evidence gathered at the scene for DNA to help identify a potential suspect, law enforcement officials said Thursday.

http://ktla.com/2018/01/11/investigators-test-evidence-for-dna-in-killing-of-blaze-bernstein/

bbm

Found potential evidence where they found the body? I wonder what they found. Hopefully the rain didn't destroy the dna.

Thread is closed. Check back later.

What is going on here? Has a name been released? Why are people using initials all of a sudden?

Thank you for asking.

A POI or suspect has NOT been named and WS members are not allowed to speculate, insinuate, cast aspersions, or make direct accusations on "innocents".

IF/WHEN a person is officially named as a POI or suspect, they may then be sleuthed. Until then the only discussion that can take place is about what has been said in MSM by them or about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321