Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread is re-opened for responsible posting.

Irresponsible posts will be Alerted on and removed, and depending on who/what, timeouts may be forthcoming.

:wave:

Any idea how long it would take for DNA to come back on a case like this?

Any idea how long it would take for DNA to come back on a case like this?

I read in the LA Times, I believe it was that the forensics were going to be fast tracked. It was in a link provided upthread by a page or two. I know it was recent. BTW the term "fast track" is mine, not the LA Times. HTH.

Speaking DNA evidence, I also read part of the evidence they have came from Blaze's body in the same article.

Can’t help but ask what was she doing? Were they in fact practicing Karate?

She and her friend were just watching the boys in the Fight Club. The boys were full on boxing, hand to hand, like in the film Fight Club.

They would take turns fighting each other , in front of other kids as an audience.

No karate, full on boxing. They did wear gloves sometimes.

The cops said no one did anything actually illegal. It was just stupid and irrational. Kind of normal young teen behavior...

Good question. I don't know.

I don't know how to quote the thing you quoted, but the question you were responding to was this: "what has lead people to believe this is related to gay activity"?

My understanding from what I've read is that it was really two things in combination that led to those theories.

First, BB was a closet homosexual in high school, but had recently come out as gay.

Secondly, this incident occurred late at night in a park. Apparently this is a fairly common way for gay people to meet who don't want others to know about their activities for whatever reason. Also, apparently this scenario is more common in the gay community for college age students that have no other place to meet because they are home staying with their parents.

I personally think this is a very plausible scenario and that this crime had something to do with BB's homosexuality unfortunately.

I clearly remember January 2nd. Bright moon coming up over the mountain. My granddaughter and her friends were visiting - laughing - being silly - all in their late teens. I was feeling so blessed. Now I think about that night and feel deep sorrow for Blaze, his entire family, and his friends. Heartbreaking.

BB just 19 years old. He had so much more to give. Handsome fella. His adult life was just beginning. I think about the potential. Heartbreaking.

Then I get angry. It’s just not fair.

I want to say THANK YOU to the locals for all of their insights. THANK YOU to the newbies with their insights. And THANK YOU to other Websleuthers who have been through this before.

Peace and love to all of you - especially Blaze Bernstein.

Blaze still might have been out at the high school, but not at home. That isn't unheard of.

I know I post what seems like at random sometimes, but that's kinda like how my mind is. Lol

My latest one is with Blaze being gay and his mother wanting him to always have his location services up, that can make for some pretty awkward discussions later around the dinner table when he's been out cruising or in a hook up. Ya know. Most kids don't want their parents know what they are up to anyway, but even though Blaze was openly gay to his family, I'm sure he didn't want that kind of information known to his folks.

She and her friend were just watching the boys in the Fight Club. The boys were full on boxing, hand to hand, like in the film Fight Club.

They would take turns fighting each other , in front of other kids as an audience.

No karate, full on boxing. They did wear gloves sometimes.

The cops said no one did anything actually illegal. It was just stupid and irrational. Kind of normal young teen behavior...

Interesting! I had no clue, thank you for explaining it.

My money is on the guy that picked BB up that night, drove BB to the park where he was later found dead and had scrapped up hands and dirt under his nails when LE interviewed him.

JMHO

I may be wrong but I'm thinking his mom wanting locations services on his device was more to do with the family being wealthy/well to do (having a family trust..'Jeanne Pepper runs The Bernstein Family Trust. Read more: https://forward.com/news/national/3...stein-sweet-smile-as-death-is-ruled-homicide/
being a mom myself no matter how old our children get they will always be our babies and we will always worry about them whether they are around the corner or across the country, add to that being a well-to-do family would definitely add to moms' worry about her 'little boy' JMHO

Are family members allowed to not release autopsy findings? Or since he is an adult will they be released?

Since LE said that they don't think it was premeditated I'm thinking that strangling is most likely way the way that he died. I don't see a knife or gun being involved. If he was choked the killer's tissue/blood may have been found under his nails.

also they would have found blood somewhere in the park during searches, I would think

Are family members allowed to not release autopsy findings? Or since he is an adult will they be released?

They can but I've only ever seen the police do that.

I think this person was making it up as he went along, hoping he could create enough of a smokescreen that the cops would say: "Yeah. OK, sure." And then, hopefully, they would melt away.

Magical thinking on the perps part, no planning, didn't have a alibi worth spit anyway. Just hoped he wouldn't get fingered for the crime, despite the fact that the parents (among others?) knew exactly who he was.

The cops lay low, saying there is "no evidence of foul play", giving the killer a false sense of security, while they scrutinize even the most infinitesimal move this guy makes, incriminating himself even further.

I think the murder occurred at the park. Why transport someone murdered elsewhere to an urban park? Much more logical to dispose of a body in an area far less frequented as long as there is the benefit of darkness, and time.

Additionally, it would very difficult to move a 140+ pound body (even with an accomplice) from the parking lot at that park to where Blaze was found. A plastic bin isn't going to help that process much.

Blaze was murdered where he was found. If this murder was at all premeditated, there were an abundance of rookie moves--which is fine. I don't want this person making any attempt to improve on his stupid mistakes.

(RIP Blaze. You did not deserve this. Millions of hearts bleed for you, and they want justice.)

Could be that he has a car but took it to the auto wash/detailing shop to be cleaned? The rental car was mentioned since it could be a lead towards more incriminating evidence. Newport Beach is an affluent area so not having a car is kinda odd. Maybe the car is parked at college and he flew home. Then rented a car while home on break.

The camping stuff in the car is interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321