Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really wondering if the driver came across as some poor tortured soul looking for someone to love and understand him. Maybe he had a crush on Blaze for a long time, maybe he chose Blaze because Blaze seemed compassionate and caring, someone who would not laugh at him or reject him. But maybe Blaze did reject him. Maybe that caused immense pain in the driver and he acted out in rage. Maybe?

I believe we will have confirmation tomorrow.

What an unspeakable tragedy :(

Well that's an interesting comment by the Sheriff's office. Would make sense why they haven't named him, even as a POI.

:welcome5:
PetesDragon

And all the new members who've taken the time, concern and compassion to think through this and share their very helpful local knowledge and pertinent information. I hope more join and share their thoughts as we wait for answers and justice for Blaze.

The reporter on KTLA local news tonight said a similar thing. He said " The police are searching for a suspect in this tragic case..."

It kind of threw me... like they were not really looking at him as much...?

They may have a suspect behind the scenes but are keeping tight lipped from the media at the moment as they don't want to scare the suspect off and have him/her flee. They may be trying to gather enough evidence for an arrest before going public with a name.

No, it was there on street view so not necessarily now. It was at one point, though, which if true, definitely links it. Now, how?

Correct, this Google Street View image is dated April 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reporter on KTLA local news tonight said a similar thing. He said " The police are searching for a suspect in this tragic case..."

It kind of threw me... like they were not really looking at him as much...?

Right, Katydid, I recall the same from upthread.
http://ktla.com/2018/01/11/document-reveals-new-details-in-blaze-bernstein-death-investigation/ earlier, Chip Yost reporting

~

[video=youtube;7PkL5-kPi_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PkL5-kPi_U[/video]
Greg Lee ends tonight's report with, 'Investigators continue to follow leads and are working around the clock to make an arrest.'

~

Help Us Remember Blaze Bernstein
Public Group

A memorial page for Blaze with posts from friends, family and more.

Please follow TOS as you consider and refer to the posts on this page. Not meant to confuse or cause Blaze's family and friends more pain, but to help keep everyone well informed.

I seriously believe they have their suspect, they are just dotting their i's and crossing their t's so he doesn't slip away. IMO

I seriously believe they have their suspect, they are just dotting their i's and crossing their t's so he doesn't slip away. IMO

Replying to my own post, sorry.

I wanted to add that I could be way wrong about is, cuz I was certainly wrong about Blaze's body being in the park, especially after 3 days of searching and coming up empty and we all know how that one went.

Posts have been removed.

There have been previous warnings but it seems folks aren't reading them or are ignoring them.

Sleuthing a person who has not officially been named a POI or suspect is a violation of Websleuths TOS. Sleuthing that person's relatives on Streetview and posting about it on Websleuths? What are ya thinking?

We really don't like doing it, but we're getting cranky about this and will definitely be issuing timeouts for members, both new and veteran members, who are violating this rule.

ETA: On another note and as previously posted, the Justice for BB Facebook is not an approved source for information. Help Us Find Blaze Bernstein (HUFBB) is fine, as is the memorial page that FindHG linked upthread. All other Social Media rules apply to content from the approved sites.

They may have a suspect behind the scenes but are keeping tight lipped from the media at the moment as they don't want to scare the suspect off and have him/her flee. They may be trying to gather enough evidence for an arrest before going public with a name.

:welcome4:
Remy

Thank you for joining and for pitching in. You could be right. Makes sense to me.

Correct, this Google Street View image is dated April 2017.

:welcome3: and
Hgi95t as well.

Thank you mark.todd, for sticking with it and welcome too. It took me a while to learn how to post on WS (still learning), but the mods are always helpful. You can check with them before you post if in doubt at all. I still ask when in doubt and welcome snips and deleted posts as instructional. I look forward to your posts.

Blood evidence could mean tox screen, no?

:welcome:
Katethekate​

Thank you for being here and contributing. Perfect first post!

I'm still thinking about the blood evidence they apparently testing now. If the blood is from the crime scene or his body - how can that be after the strong rains? I would assume all would have been washed away. Was Blaze wrapped in a tarp or something? Was the shallow grave (if that's what he was found in) deep enough so that his body wasn't completely washed clean by the water? If he was in that pipe his body would have been immersed completely in water and I doubt any dried blood would have remained intact, even under fingernails. Thoughts?

I'm still thinking about the blood evidence they apparently testing now. If the blood is from the crime scene or his body - how can that be after the strong rains? I would assume all would have been washed away. Was Blaze wrapped in a tarp or something? Was the shallow grave (if that's what he was found in) deep enough so that his body wasn't completely washed clean by the water? If he was in that pipe his body would have been immersed completely in water and I doubt any dried blood would have remained intact, even under fingernails. Thoughts?

I don't know but in a case where a murder scene is scrubbed clean, even with bleach, luminal still picks up whether blood is present. (thinking about poor Zahra;s case where that stepmother scrubbed so much that it appeared completely clean). Is it possible that even unseen fragments of blood could still be under fingernails, or in hair, or clothing? Perhaps his body wasn't completely washed by the rains, his legs or part of his torso may still have been under the earth. Depends also on the drainage of that particular site as well I would think. Just thinking aloud ...

I don't think he ever was in the drainage pipe. I believe that to be speculation.

I imagine that even in the rain, blood on clothing that was soaked in and even wet can still produce DNA. Because until I see different, I am assuming he was clothed when he was found. I've seen nothing in MSM that says he wasn't. FWIW

I just hope they have enough perp DNA to pin the tail on the donkey. IMO

5/1 odds the case detail will look like this:

Counts
Violation Date Section Statute OL Violation
01/02/2018 187(a) PC F Murder
01/02/2018 190.2(a)(15) PC F ENH-Special circumstance; Lying in wait

Co Defendants
No co-defendants found for this case

Participants
3 professionals found, displaying all professionals.1
Role Badge Name
District Attorney Murphy, Matthew
District Attorney Trudell, K.
Retained Attorney I'll post odds

https://ocapps.occourts.org/

Concealment of a death? Abuse of a corpse? Kidnapping?

Yes! We will soon find out what’s been going on for the last 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321