Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very irritating that someone allowed their phone to go off forever during the statement form the family. So disrespectful.

NOW you can release all you've been looking into about Sam Woodward. What is his height? He looks tall. Employment? In college?

Can anyone explain to me how you would accidentally kill someone during a sexual encounter? I don't mean like someone having sex on a cliff, and fell off. I mean in this situation. I don't think it was an accident. Rage isn't an accident. If Blaze refused to have sex with him, that wouldn't be an accidental killing. If he refused Blaze, still not an accident. I haven't ever has sex and felt like my life was threatened... It's hard for our minds to realize, but people can be evil. The motives for many murders make no sense to the rest of us.

2Hope4,

In my case I am still confused -I joined last month- as to what can be posted and what cannot once the name of the suspect is out there. So I am going to try writing something without breaking the rules and if I do, it is obviously not on purpose, and hope the mods will just delete my message -as they did with one I wrote yesterday- and I won't get timeout.

Many of us knew since yesterday afternoon name of the suspect, motive and lots of details from a website that cannot be named. The poster? someone claiming to be the son of a police officer. Giving the accuracy of the information he/she -sounded like a he the writing style and roughly 17-18 as he mentioned he still attends OCSA- provided it was clear to me and others he/she was not lying.

A lesson needs to be learned from this mistake. Police officers cannot -and I think this is worldwide- talk about current investigations at their homes, with their relatives. It is irresponsible -if this is what indeed happened- as what if the person named would not have been the murderer but just an innocent person and he had been attacked by readers residing in the area?

I cannot stop thinking about Sam's parents and I wonder if he has siblings. I know it cannot be compared at all. Blaze is deceased, probably murdered but in a way Sam's parents have also lost a son today. They must be devastated and asking themselves what failed to make their child become a monster.

I thought I would feel hatred when Blaze's murderer got caught but all I can feel is deep sadness.

This is not going to be a straightforward sentence and I really hope BB's parents will have the strength needed for what is coming in the next few months.

I went to this reporter’s FB page and scrolled down to the link with the article and it says that strangulation was result of Bernstein spurning sex with this SOB.

I go to his page, directly through Facebook, and can't find that article. ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Samuel Lincoln Woodward, 21.

They won;t say what COD is or what happened at the park or condition of the body.

OCSD-Parents accessed Blaze's account on Snapchat.

Blaze's body buried in a shallow grave.

Inconsistencies in stories of friend, Sheriffs focused on driver/friend as being responsible.

Sheriffs waited for forensics to come back.

Samuel Lincoln Woodward is who was arrested.

2Hope4,

In my case I am still confused -I joined last month- as to what can be posted and what cannot once the name of the suspect is out there. So I am going to try writing something without breaking the rules and if I do, it is obviously not on purpose, and hope the mods will just delete my message -as they did with one I wrote yesterday- and I won't get timeout.

Many of us knew since yesterday afternoon name of the suspect, motive and lots of details from a website that cannot be named. The poster? someone claiming to be the son of a police officer. Giving the accuracy of the information he/she -sounded like a he the writing style and roughly 17-18 as he mentioned he still attends OCSA- provided it was clear to me and others he/she was not lying.

A lesson needs to be learned from this mistake. Police officers cannot -and I think this is worldwide- talk about current investigations at their homes, with their relatives. It is irresponsible -if this is what indeed happened- as what if the person named would not have been the murderer but just an innocent person and he had been attacked by readers residing in the area?

I cannot stop thinking about Sam's parents and I wonder if he has siblings. I know it cannot be compared at all. Blaze is deceased, probably murdered but in a way Sam's parents have also lost a son today. They must be devastated and asking themselves what failed to make their child become a monster.

I thought I would feel hatred when Blaze's murderer got caught but all I can feel is deep sadness.

This is not going to be a straightforward sentence and I really hope BB's parents will have the strength needed for what is coming in the next few months.

Websites like facebook often include false rumors. That has been born out over and over again. So at Websleuths it has to be confirmed by main stream media reports.

District Attorney asks the media to give both families breathing room so they can both grieve.

Best I could get from the press conference:

Annie Delladonna - thank for LE and countless volunteers who helped in the search. We will continue to fight for justice for Blaze and his family. The family is so grateful for their community here in OC and all over the world. Blaze wanted to make the world a better place. Continue to honor his memory. Make the world a better place.

LE - Thank everyone for coming. Condolences to the Bernstein family.

All clues pointed to a missing person case at first. Interviewed witnesses and surveillance in the area and numerous leads.

January 3rd - Bernstein family contact them stating Blaze as missing. Blaze was home on winter break. Said they last saw him the night before. Shared dinner together and father last saw him in his room afterwards. Missed dental appointment and wasn't responding to messages or calls. All vehicles accounted for and all of his items were in his room. Homicide took over, as is customary in missing persons cases. Family contacted SW. Friend told his account, stated he took Blaze to meet with another friend at park, just after midnight. Blaze exited the vehicle and walked by himself to the south east corner of the park. He stated that he waited for about an hour but Blaze did not return. He returned to the park an hour later, looked for Blaze but could not find him and left.

Thursday was the start of 3 days of searches at park (including canine, SAR, air support) and surrounding area. No evidence discovered.

Still investigated, at that point, as Missing Person, working around the clock for any clue.

Past Tuesday sheriff investigators located his body in a shallow grave (buried) in the brush at the park.

Turned from missing person’s case to Homicide (based on condition of body at the park.)

Friend was interviewed again and he admitted to being the last person with Blaze at the park.

Inconsistencies in stories

Multiple interviews, multiple search warrants, hundreds of hours spend on the investigation.

Samuel Lincoln Woodward, 20, of Newport Beach was arrested as the suspect in Blaze’s death.

He picked up Blaze. they drove to multiple locations before ending at the park.

No details of what occurred at the park will be released.

No details of the body will be shared.

Anyone with more information that can help the case can be called in to LE or the OC crimestoppers number.

TR (DA) - take a minute to thank OCSD personal for working tirelessly around the clock. Thank DA office employees for their work. Won’t have a filing of charges before the weekend is over. Very tragic case.

By all accounts both families are good people whose lives have been turned upside down. Both are grieving. We know that the media and reporters are camped in front of both of these homes and we would like to ask them to please give them some breathing room so that they can mourn and breathe in dignity as best they can at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125