Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
whoops, police just said mr bernstein instead of mr woodward

Is it Snapchat solely , text message or any others?

They confirmed that the initial info that led them to question SW was from a SnapChat message that the parents discovered and made OCSD aware of during early stages of the investigation.

DNA analysis was not rapidDNA but was done at the orange county crime lab who gave the case top priority

undercover officers have been outside SW's house for days and has been under surveillance for some time
collected evidence confirmed DNA tying SW to BB. wont disclose evidence or where it was collected from (sidenote:: to me the way the officer said this made it sound like sexual evidence)

Ughh, hadn’t thought about how that could possibly be forced upon B.B...

So have specific charges not been brought yet? I wonder if sexual assault is going to be part of this.

High school friend arrested in case of Blaze Bernstein, whose body was found this week in a Lake Forest park
By Tony Saavedra & Scott Schwebke, The Orange County Register

UPDATED: January 12, 2018 at 3:26 pm

Suspect arrested in killing of Blaze Bernstein, the Ivy League student found dead in Orange County park
By Richard Winton and Cindy Carcamo, The Los Angeles Times

Today @2:55 pm PT

http://abcnews.go.com/US/person-custody-alleged-murder-upenn-student/story?id=52280922
Ms. Emily Shapiro of ABC News will continue to update this story.

PC going on (livestream links)

http://abcnews.go.com/Live

http://ktla.com/2018/01/12/1-in-custody-in-connection-with-blaze-bernstein-homicide-ocsd-source/

paraphrased some answers
Motive not yet known. Relationship not yet known.
Shallow grave, rain exposed a small portion of his remains.
Tuesday arraignment
They were in touch that night.
They were together in several places within town
Not sure if phone out of range, turned off or run out of battery
Woodward was under surveillence. Has lawyer
Not know where he was murdered
Woodward placed himself at the park where Blaze was found

~
From PC, Sean Emery of The Orange County Register

Sean Emery @ semeryOCR
2m2 minutes ago
“We were able to today confirm evidence through DNA that connected Mr Woodward with Mr Bernstein,” Undersheriff Barnes

6m6 minutes ago
“How well they were friends in high school we don’t know... what they were doing at the park is part of the investigation,” Undersheriff Barnes

4m4 minutes ago
Charges in the case would come Tuesday at the earliest, DA Rackauckas says

“The motive in the case we do not know,” says Undersheriff Don Barnes

5m5 minutes ago
“They worked tirelessly around the clock until they had the evidence they have now,” says DA Tony Rauckauckas, who says prosecutors will spend weekend going over case before filing charges

8m8 minutes ago
Sheriff’s confirm that Samuel Woodward has been arrested on suspicion of homicide in connection to death of Blaze Bernstein

13m13 minutes ago
“We will continue to search for justice for Blaze and his family... Blaze wanted to make the world a better place. With his death a beautiful light has been extinguished,” representative for Bernstein family"

bump... to add info
~

Blaze's mom's, JPB, statement since the arrest posted on the remembrance page
"...
Finally. My thoughts are: Revenge is empty. It will never bring back my son. My only hopes are that he will never have the opportunity to hurt anyone else again and that something meaningful can come from the senseless act of Blaze's murder.
Now Do Good for Blaze Bernstein"

RBBM

Any guesses why no social media has been looked at? That seems very odd to me.

undercover officers have been outside SW's house for days and has been under surveillance for some time
collected evidence confirmed DNA tying SW to BB. wont disclose evidence or where it was collected from (sidenote:: to me the way the officer said this made it sound like sexual evidence)

I would say with 90%+ certainty (in my mind) that this case somehow revolves around homosexuality.... but there are severable plausible scenarios as to the details that have been discussed here and elsewhere

So have specific charges not been brought yet? I wonder if sexual assault is going to be part of this.

Not until, possibly, Tuesday. The DA's office will be working all weekend reviewing the evidence before charges will be filed.

Thanks Gitana1, that is why I have not included any of the things I read yesterday on the message I just wrote. I did not read it on Facebook either and those things some might have thought were false rumours have proven to be reality.

I thought -and I still think- it was important to mention on this thread how carefully and discreetly police work needs to be carried out.

Isn't Twitter as bad as Facebook? I've seen Twitter links posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler