Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Twitter as bad as Facebook? I've seen Twitter links posted.

If the facebook or twitter account is a media person, it can be linked and talked about. The ones off limit are the families of a victim or perp, friends of either, etc. But media is OK.

I can't help but think of the uncanny coincidence of the names: Woodward and Bernstein.

Not surprised by this arrest. Glad it is done. Two handsome young men are lost to us all. It is sad any way you slice it.

Not hanging his head in shame.

This guy comes across as a really cocky jerk. I wonder how a smart kid like Blaze ended up getting tricked into meeting this guy. You are talking polar opposites

He did seem very cocky and unashamed. Likely bravado but it does speak to his character - more concerned with looking tough than being arrested for murder.

I know I will get flamed for this but he is a very attractive young man. That could explain why Blaze would meet with him. But I don't know. He didn't take any of his stuff. Did he expect to be gone long? Why did he get in the car? Where did he think they were going and for how long?

LE stated they went to "several locations". That makes me think there is surveillance.

DNA analysis was not rapidDNA but was done at the orange county crime lab who gave the case top priority

I wish we could have that in every case.

<modsnip>

There are a few things combined that are starting to make it appear that this guy may have been homophobic and maybe anti-Semitic. But if he had feelings for other men, that could cause a lot of rage.

This may be a complex case.

And since snapchat doesn't save messages, it could be hard to fill in the blanks.

TRYING TO PLAY CATCH-UP:

*** OT ***
@2Hope4 = Not at all a funny topic; however, found myself laughing out loud at the .."like on a cliff and fell off!"..*laughs* made me think of a photo I saw on Mail.UK of a I presume a Brit couple (doing exactly that) high above the ground on top of a bridge's girders (the large metal scaffolding holding up a tall bridge)...

Re:Motive = I knew someone pretty freaking well (bf to my best gf), and he ended up murdering another of our classmates...it totally threw me..& still can't wrap my mind around it all these yrs later (20+ yrs)..*shakes head*..*shrugs* &#129335;&#127995;*&#9792;&#65039;

@YURENA =
It is located at the beginning of the Sub-Forums (& often even the start of each case's forum)

RE: Police Confidentiality/Professionalism...it always upsets me when the Media state "XYZ", per a local law enforcement officer who wishes to remain anonymous!..*shakes head*...Ugh!...

@SEAJAY = Only bcuz you posted the comment...
When I 1st heard about this case, I instantly thought about the standard order of suspects, something along the line of the following (1&2 = per LE on many documentaries)
1) Husband/Wife
2) Last Person to see Alive
3) Ex/Lovers
4) Circle of Contacts

@AVA_TO = 2nded, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!, I do not have access to the PC so, your summaries are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!..*smiles*..[emoji16][emoji1360]

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

DA Tony Rackauckas long time OC DA said he was leaving in the car so they decided to arrested him. I hope SW was trying to flee with that hair color change rental car, camping and hiking equipment because the DA can argue he's a flight risk and therefore he would be denied bail.

dont know if SW has a prior record
Thanks a million dove28!! The livestream I was watching stopped and the news people were talking over it. So missed lots of it.

As for them not knowing if he has a prior, bull. They know. Since they aren't saying, I'm guessing he may have a juvenile record. If there was no prior, they would say so. But they run your name, SS#, and have your record when you are pulled over for a speeding ticket. Darn good and well they run a full background when they think you committed murder!

charges may depend on the "defendants state of mind"

THAT is NOT a good start..*shakes head*... When Prosecutors or the DA or LE, begin setting up your path of defense before a lawyer is even selected..

I presume...Q:Anyone hear/know if S.W. has a Private Atty?...too early for a Public Defender to have been assigned..

DA Tony Rackauckas long time OC DA said he was leaving in the car so they decided to arrested him. I hope SW was trying to flee with that hair color change rental car, camping and hiking equipment because the DA can argue he's a flight risk and therefore he would be denied bail.

Reminds me of Scott Peterson arrest with the hair color change, etc

I'm new here, but if I'm reading the rules correctly, I'm allowed to post a link to suspect's social media page now that he's been identified, right?

Darn I was working and missed the whole thing. I'm guessing this place blew up when his name was finally released. Off to read allllll those posts.
Justice for Blaze!!!

THAT is NOT a good start..*shakes head*... When Prosecutors or the DA or LE, begin setting up your path of defense before a lawyer is even selected..

I presume...Q:Anyone hear/know if S.W. has a Private Atty?...too early for a Public Defender to have been assigned..

it was mentioned during PC that SW asked for an/his attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member