Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of you have thought thoroughly about all the possible scenarios, in my case I must confess I am just as lost as I was on the 2nd January. Nothing adds up in my head.

One of the facts that puzzle me from day one is that text message sent to BB's female friend at 11.30 pm. For him to have been able to send that message, he would have needed to be on his own then, so my question is, could this be a case that the other person left BB badly injured, panicked, left and a few hours later, went to check and found out he had died of the injuries?

Apologies for being so graphic.

I would also like any of my fellow websleuths to tell me BB's weight in kilos. Thanks.

BBM: I'm with you on this, I, too, can't figure out why someone would kill BB!!! I do not believe he was involved in a "fight club". I'm VERY suspicious of the driver/friend though. I think something happened between those two and BB ends up dead. First off the driver/friend doesn't know where his girlfriend lived, and yet, IIRC he told the police he left to go see her. Maybe they were meeting up someplace besides her house????? hum???? This case has me puzzled. I'm also interested because I use to live around there, grew up in OC but it's still home to me.

Many of you have thought thoroughly about all the possible scenarios, in my case I must confess I am just as lost as I was on the 2nd January. Nothing adds up in my head.

One of the facts that puzzle me from day one is that text message sent to BB's female friend at 11.30 pm. For him to have been able to send that message, he would have needed to be on his own then, so my question is, could this be a case that the other person left BB badly injured, panicked, left and a few hours later, went to check and found out he had died of the injuries?

I would also like any of my fellow websleuths to tell me BB's weight in kilos. Thanks.
Is it known for a fact that BB sent the message and not someone else?

This is an interesting possibility.
It’s also possible that Blaze was already deceased by that time and the driver/friend sent the 11:30 pm message himself as a diversion before destroying the telephone.

Since this was likely an older phone (left at home when someone in the family upgraded) it was very likely unlocked/ accessible for a fraudulent text. The driver/friend would have known who Blaze’s best friend was or she could have been repeatedly trying to reach him that night and it may have been a reply to throw her off.

The text may have been more “odd” because it didn’t sound like Blaze rather than a cry for help. Has it been revealed what the text from Blaze at 11:30 actually said?

That's the family's page:

This is the one I was following: "Justice For Blaze Bernstein: A Case Discussion Group"

It's still there as well, I think you may have to be logged in even to see it and must join to fully see the content.

Farming, country gal here. If you get dirt under your fingernails, scrap your fingernails over a bar of soap. You may have to do it more than once. Works best to do that BEFORE you go digging with your hands, but will work afterwards. Of course usually washing your hair will work as well. They do sell manicure sticks that will get it all out too. Sorry...was just ticking me off someone would have dirt under their nails DAYS afterwards. Unless he was burying something else just before the police talked to him, which is possible.

IF this 'driver' went to school with Blaze, then he isn't that old. Wasn't that abandoned car an expensive one? Who does it belong to? Do guys in their late teens, early 20's drive vehicles like that in that area? It would rare to see that here. Though the majority of young men in my area have a truck. :thinking:

Blaze did have a grinder account. There may be others, but I haven't looked as I'm not sure what other hookup sites there are out there. I could be way wrong, yet I'm of the belief that being gay, or coming out as gay wouldn't be seen as something shameful in the community the driver and Blaze were familiar with. Am I incorrect in that thinking? Maybe it's just the people I'm around, but even in this area, it's not that unusual. There doesn't appear as a big deal anymore.

Could that driver have been interested in Blaze, but Blaze not as interested in him? Maybe a jealous thing that Blaze was looking for someone on Grinder, but didn't want him? Was the driver who Blaze had been having a long conversation with or was it someone else? I don't think we know yet. Maybe he was talking with both?

Whether straight or gay, as a parent, thinking your 19yr old child is meeting up with random people for sex is upsetting. I would be worried if my son or daughter were doing that. Their sexual orientation wouldn't matter. Just all the risks of doing that. Then to have the world thinking, or knowing that...not something I want broadcasted even though I've had my share of one night stands in my younger days.

Is it known for a fact that BB sent the message and not someone else?

I would say that is unknowable. But something about that text led his family to believe something was very wrong. I'm also curious as to how and when they became aware of the text.

Just a quick housekeeping note (because CALSAR we are not sure which one of us you are in love with, lol)

If you want to reply to another post and include their quote in your reply hit Reply with Quote. Then under the type area you will see a Go Advanced button. When there you can preview your post ( it will show in a box above the type area).

Hope this info is helpful!!

Odds on when the suspect will be arrested and who will appear at the press conference/assigned ADA.

Odds for suspect's arrest date:

Thursday, 1/11: 20/1 (too soon)
Friday, 1/12: 9/2 (OCSD likes to arrest and OCDA loves to hold-off arraignment due to long holiday weekends; drops to 2:1 if Edward Younghoon Shin's murder trial is re-calendared, Matt is a busy man)
Saturday, 1/13: 30/1 (Tony's out of town for the three-day weekend; Time to pray)
Sunday, 1/14: 50/1 (Time to pray)
Monday, 1/15: 80/1 (Court holiday)
Tuesday, 1/16: 40/1 (excuses re: autopsy)
Wednesday, 1/17 and thereafter: 1/1

Press conference & assigned ADA:

Odds are 1/30 that Tony "The Tiger" Rackauckas is at the press conference (unless he is next door neighbors in Newport Beach with the alleged suspect/driver, and in that case it goes to 1/50 as he has inside information, which he likes, alot).
Keith Burke: 5/1 (likes the domestic relations homicides and voluntary manslaughter cases)
Scott Simmons: 8/1 (he likes those homicides-in-the-park cases)
Troy Pino: 10/1 (likes the relationship-gone-awry cases)
Matt Murphy: 12/1 (busy man with Mr. Shintastic's trial followed by Rachel Mae "I Not" Buffett in February; also this case may not invoke the death penalty; however, a high-profile case)
Howard Gundy: 15/1 (familiar with social media and millennial homicides)
Jennifer Walker: 20/1 (tries a lot of voluntary manslaughter cases)
Larry Yellin: 35/1
Jim Mendelson: 40/1
Mike Murray: 80/1

Whoa! Think you will get a lot of fans for this one!

I fully understand the driver's actions seem suspicious so far, but is it fair to crucify him in the press before all the facts are in?

That’s what people do these days. Constantly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am also pondering that question about the text, and have considered that as a scenario too. Or did he manage to text during a failed attempt at escape? I have even wondered (if it WAS Blaze who sent the text) whether he was able to name the person, or give some indication/description of the person (s). The text was read as pointing to foul play, so there is something on that text.

It could be this old friend from high school did not know Blaze was gay and Blaze came unto him and he got mad and killed him JMO. I don't think straight guys like gay guys. Again MOO

That's exactly the scenario that I had come up with!

"Bernstein, who was visiting family in Orange County during his school break from University of Pennsylvania, was last seen about 11 p.m. on Jan. 2. He told relatives he was meeting up with his friends. He was reported missing the following day after his loved ones were unable to get in contact with him"

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...ath-of-OC-Teen-Blaze-Bernstein-468791803.html

See that. He told his relatives he was meeting friends?? First I heard of this. Forgive me if someone has pointed this out. I'm catching up again.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member