Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Tricia or another Mod/Admin has previously approved it and I'm not aware of it, the JFB facebook page is not an approved page here. The only approved FB page for discussion is the victim's page, a suspect's page (only if/when they are officially announced by LE or LE via MSM) and the HUFBB page.

Additionally, it is not okay to view the page of family or friends, read a comment made by Blaze that does not show on his own page, and post about it here. That is considered sleuthing on friends and family. You cannot comment on what Blaze may have said on another individual's page, only what he said on his own.

ETA: I now see the JFB FB page is a closed group. You may not bring what you see there over here.

This group is very respectful and polite to each other. I really appreciate that!

<modsnip> if going by my hunch, I think this. Which makes me believe that BB answered the door and was forced into car. Perhaps he was held at gun point. And somehow managed to text that message while in the car. Then tried his best to out wit the driver, probably successfully, but the driver was probably fast or athletic to catch up. Of course this is a theory. Or perhaps driver had the BB's phone and texted himself the address, and other text ....

This makes me so mad, sad, and upset. Especially after going through having a missing loved one near this area. Thankfully, they were found and are well, thank God.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

That quote that I posted was directly from the article. Are you saying the reporter got it wrong? She used the term "shallow grave" specifically.

Yes I am. I believe she took both took literary license with her comment, while at the same time she displayed her ignorance of the literary aspect of Grandpa's beautiful sentiment.

The reporter said, quoting directly from the article, "At Wednesday night's Candlelight Vigil, his grandfather indicated he had been buried in a shallow grave."

not really..

Grandpa in the same article is quoted as saying this, "
We thank God for this hard rain that exposed his grave in finality. He's with God now. I think miracles like this happen around the world every day....we hope no other parent has to go through this. We don't have words to thank this beautiful community. From the Bernstein family to all of the afflicted. God gives and God takes away. We have a short time on earth, we should do the best we can. In his 19 years, Blaze was a wonderful person. We have finality. God uncovered the grave. We won't be left in limbo for years."

BBM

Fyi to newer members...mainstream media is very often careless and wrong in their articles. We see it in nearly every case.

Doesn't know the "girlfriend's" last name nor where she lives...
Alrighty then...

One of the facts that puzzle me from day one is that text message sent to BB's female friend at 11.30 pm. For him to have been able to send that message, he would have needed to be on his own then, so my question is, could this be a case that the other person left BB badly injured, panicked, left and a few hours later, went to check and found out he had died of the

Only thing that doesn’t fit is that someone disabled his phone shortly after that text.

Eta: Actually, after reviewing the timeline, I’m not sure of timing of when the phone was disabled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah, totally agree, I was just trying to understand if the that's what the other poster is claiming. I'm the first one to realize that half of what the MSM writes these days is full of inaccuracies - sometimes it's easier than others to know when that's happening than others.

I was just trying to understand if @prue had more direct and accurate info - seems that was indeed the case.

Thanks and thanks @prue

BTW, it seems that MSM outlets all over the country today are quoting the OC Register article from yesterday about the affidavit and casting quite a negative light on the driver.

I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts about this behavior. I fully understand the driver's actions seem suspicious so far, but is it fair to crucify him in the press before all the facts are in?

I think its it’s been done on purpose. Also the reason probably why only 16 or something pages have only been released. By purpose I mean they knew it would be all over the place (news, social media, etc).

Some thoughts:

1. The black belt found in the friends car...

I don't think this anything to do with erotic asphyxiation, in fact I'm positive the belt has nothing to do with that. Erotic asphyxiation is usually accomplished using hands not objects, esp in a place like a public park or some other public location.

So where did the belt come from?

Perhaps Blaze was wearing it and it was either taken off as part of the sexual act for better "access" or it was removed to make it easier to place a body, perhaps place a body in a plastic tub to move it in the darkness? Fellow gents will be familiar with what I'm talking about, it's damn near impossible to bend over if you're wearing a belt. OR...the driver was wearing the belt and he took it off to make it easier to undue his pants OR he simply had a belt in his car.

2. The camping gear...

We're all freaking out about the camping gear with no point of reference. Perhaps the gear was in the car because the driver was either planning a camping trip or had recently returned from an overnight camping trip. I've learned with my nieces and nephews (who range in age from 18-30) that kids today will take impromptu "camping" trips but it isn't camping in the normal sense, they will go somewhere for two or three nights, usually either a music festival or just hanging out with friends and they're not going into actual wilderness situations, more like organized campgrounds or state forests no further then maybe 30min from a town. These kids aren't outdoorsy types in the least, they are a lot like Blaze, they come from middle class/upper middle class families who live in metropolitan areas. I think the camping gear is nothing but an excuse for LE to use in their getting a warrant. Remember, LE will use the presence of a ham sandwich in the home if it suits their purposes even though they know it has no actual connection to a case.

<modsnip>

4. The motive...

I'm getting an accidental death or murder in the heat of the moment vibe from this case. Some of us are coming from a place of serial killers and other garden variety crazies, this is more than likely a 19yo rich kid who went to some artsy high school in California. This kid is not some gang banger from Compton or a pig farmer that feeds prostitutes to his livestock in the boondocks of Canada. He isn't street smart, he has no clue what he's doing. I would speculate the closest he's been to a previous interaction with the cops is a traffic stop.

5. <modsnip>

6. The "fight club"...

There is no fight club, period. It's an excuse made by the driver to explain the scratches on his hands, end of story.

I am more of a reader than a poster on Websleuths and have not read all the comments. Has it been mentioned why the car was a rental, has the car been turned in and under whose name it was rented.

All, the live report will be on Channel 7 KABC in Los Angeles, so load up those ABC apps if there is one.

Yeah, totally agree, I was just trying to understand if the that's what the other poster is claiming. I'm the first one to realize that half of what the MSM writes these days is full of inaccuracies - sometimes it's easier than others to know when that's happening than others.

I was just trying to understand if @prue had more direct and accurate info - seems that was indeed the case.

Thanks and thanks @prue

Thank you too! I'm just pointing out the reporter took a word out of context and added her own adjective "shallow" to the report to flesh out her own bias, not necessarily the truth.

Can you tell I have contempt for the current state of the media? Oh, yeah!!
Who is it here that has a sig line "words matter"? Yes, they do!

<3

Wanted to add a maybe pertinent perspective from a gay person who went away to college. When I first returned home on breaks, after coming out, it was always an experience using grindr, tindr, etc. and discovering which of your former classmates were now open to seeing other men. It was not uncommon to reconnect with an old classmate and talk about this aspect of your identity you hadn’t felt able or comfortable discussing in high school.

I am more of a reader than a poster on Websleuths and have not read all the comments. Has it been mentioned why the car was a rental, has the car been turned in and under whose name it was rented.

Is it possible that the car he drove the night Blaze went missing was turned over to LE? Either voluntarily or otherwise, thus requiring a rental?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier