Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This recent discussion of SnapChat got me thinking about what we really "know" or don't know about the facts of this case, so I went back to read some of the initial media stories.

This is from the patch.com story on Jan. 5th:

"Annee Della Donna, an attorney and friend of the family, discussed the timeline since Blaze's mysterious disappearance."At 9:30 p.m., he sent a text message with his family's Lake Forest address for a high school buddy to pick him up and take him to the park to meet the third person," she said. "The park is five minutes away and they got there about 10:30 p.m. Bernstein went off alone into the park while his friend waited back in the car."

Two things about this:

1) Here (and in other stories I read) they say the evidence of contact between Blaze and the driver is via 'text message'. Text (SMS) messages are different than SnapChat and don't disappear until manually deleted. I'm curious if they were using the term 'text message' generically and it could have been SnapChat or if it really was an SMS message, which is a very basic form of phone communication and NOT Internet/app based.

2) This article doesn't state where the attorney got this info - from the message itself or from the driver's story. If they actually read the message then it casts many theories about why Blaze left the house aside, does it not?

There are several other things in the quote above which I think are unverifiable and certainly just the attorney and reporter articulating the driver's story. At that point they possibly had no reason to doubt him, but if he's a potential suspect and given the affidavit, etc., we need to take a closer look at all of the the early reporting and discern what things the family were repeating that were part of the driver's story versus those that are verifiable facts.

I'm also unclear about how we know in general what was on SnapChat vs. SMS - most of the reporting simply says 'text message'

I guess I don't really understand this either!

If the police found these messages, Snapchat or SMS, on the driver's phone, and shared their content with BB's family and MSM, then it's understandable.

But, if that didn't happen, how would BB's family be able to confirm and be sure of the content of the messages without access to BB's phone???

Are we/MSM just "assuming" that the driver gave an accurate and real account of a snapchat/SMS exchange? Am I missing something? Does someone somehow have remote access to BB's phone? Or maybe we are about to find out??!!!

jmo

Unless everyone wants to get this locked again, let's stick to MSM links only, and no screen shots, can we please?

We can’t post the pics that go with articles? We put them in a lot of threads for suspects arrested. If not allowed, mods please remove my previous pic posted in #645
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...e-Forest-2-Jan-2018-4&p=13862308#post13862308

oh! Is this what you were referring to, TTF14? The underlined portion?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291123-Social-Media-Facebook-Twitter-etc
Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Blaze couldn't have been a source since he's deceased. I think that was just part of the whole fabricated story. IMO.

This stemmed from the Bernstein's family friend attorney who said that Blaze texted the friend his address so he could pick him up to meet another person in the park. Those were supposedly Blaze's words. But now I am guessing that either the attorney misspoke or the reporter didn't accurately convey the comment.

I deleted my post anyway, I have no idea what's allowed here sometimes and what's not. Leaving the thread now. Thanks everyone.

Don't leave! There is a learning curve around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please list the times and sources for any upcoming PC or news with a time zone reference? Thanks in advance!

Press conference today in 1 hour. 4pm Pacific Standard Time. 7pm East Coast Time.

This stemmed from the Bernstein's family friend attorney who said that Blaze texted the friend his address so he could pick him up to meet another person in the park. Those were supposedly Blaze's words. But now I am guessing that either the attorney misspoke or the reporter didn't accurately convey the comment.

I hope they'll clear this up. If the sole source of 'meeting a third person' is SW, then it's probably a fabrication. OTOH, if this supposed text was actually seen by someone (BB's family, etc), then there really is another layer to this. With SW being the only known arrest so far, I lean towards the former, but who knows.

Can anyone confirm where we will be able to watch the full press conference? Last time I tried to watch it on KTLA or something they cut it off halfway.

I hope they'll clear this up. If the sole source of 'meeting a third person' is SW, then it's probably a fabrication. OTOH, if this supposed text was actually seen by someone (BB's family, etc), then there really is another layer to this. With SW being the only known arrest so far, I lean towards the former, but who knows.

I'm still curious about the location tracking that allegedly BB mom had utilized for his whereabouts previous to the murder? I know that for some parents their childs alternative lifestyle leaves underlying concern for these types of possible risks.

I don't think we should be linking a particular style of haircut with a belief system - that's the kind of chatter that happens on FB, not here.

I'm still curious about the location tracking that allegedly BB mom had utilized for his whereabouts previous to the murder? I know that for some parents their childs alternative lifestyle leaves underlying concern for these types of possible risks.
I have the Life360 app on my daughter's phone that let's me see where she is. She is away at college and it gives me piece of mind.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member