Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Sam's arraignment will take place in Department CJ1 at 550 N. Flower via video arraignment at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 17. Two other arraignments and one probable cause hearing are on calendar.

First-time offender, bail set at $3,000,000--probably will require two real property titles.

https://ocapps.occourts.org/courtcalendars-pub/search.do;jsessionid=4FE83B748B3633863C1D97E153797E10#formAnchor

Yes thanks it was posted on the booking info. That's to avoid the media frenzy. I've seen it. Little tiny area with about 10 chair in front of a monitor. It's not open to the public.

[B said:
katydid23;[/B] But what did he rob him of? BB didn't bring anything with him, did he?

Maybe robbery was intention at the end but Blaze left wallet at home along with credit cards. Could have been his instinct?

We do know from statements made to MSM reporters by family and friends of BB that he was smart, intelligent, kind to name but a few of his qualities....what BB brought with him was his goodness and caring heart and I think whiteorchids may have hit on a very important piece BB's instinct/gut feeling/beliefs within from how he was raised but he wasn't prepared for what we can all only image faced him

Looks like Sam's arraignment will take place in Department CJ1 at 550 N. Flower via video arraignment at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 17. Two other arraignments and one probable cause hearing are on calendar.

First-time offender, bail set at $3,000,000--probably will require two real property titles.

https://ocapps.occourts.org/courtcalendars-pub/search.do;jsessionid=4FE83B748B3633863C1D97E153797E10#formAnchor

I'm sure money is no problem with his family living in Newport Beach. I'm hoping he will not get bail or set really high because of the seriousness of the crime and he's a possible flight risk. A threat to the community. They could set bail as long as he is wearing monitoring ankle bracelet. Ugh

I believe we will be finding out soon SW is a Dylann Roof type. I believe he may have some personality disorder. I think he became attracted to and radicalized by white nationalist extremist propaganda. The pictures he posted on FB of himself posing in front of the Confederate flag and then defending it angrily in the comments and mentioning the gay pride flag. He's hair cut and demeanor. I think he had developed a deeply hate filled political ideology which would include hatred of gays and Jews. He wanted to lash out and he remembered Blaze who was small and gentle, an easy target. They may or may not have had some sort of romantic involvement many years ago or they may have just been friends who had a falling out. Either way he was able to convince Blaze to meet up with him. Maybe Blaze felt sorry for him or maybe SW acted like he was interested in him.

Once he got him in his car, Blaze was his prisoner and at some point, the much larger SW, beat Blaze and strangled him to death in a rage filled but premeditated murder scenario. I think he hastily hid Blaze's body and went back later as he said he did, not to look for Blaze, but to attempt to conceal the body better.

I will not be surprised if we find out SW was active with the radicalized white supremacist/white nationalist community. In fact, I'll be shocked if we don't. I'm expecting the Feds to get involved at any moment and possible hate crime charges to follow.

I recall seeing a belt in the suspect's car mentioned in a quote from law enforcement in a MSM article a few days ago, perhaps that belt was consistent with autopsy results that showed he was murdered.

Also I just found this from their high school yearbook. it isn't photoshopped or anything before anyone accuses me, this is one of those "terrible irony" situations when his high school class voted him as being likely to become internet famous.
cache.php

Attachments

• LF7dCIpTRaT_a9G3kMzqJoeVGFFFBw64BhUZi_4sdmA.jpg
    LF7dCIpTRaT_a9G3kMzqJoeVGFFFBw64BhUZi_4sdmA.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 195
rbbm

Agreed. The L A Times report also includes this:

"
the Ivy League student’s mother, after hearing of the arrest tweeted “Finally,” She told the Times. “ I would just say that we are grateful for the fine men and women and men in the OCSD who have worked tirelessly to get answers for our family, our community and the world.”

“Nothing will bring back my son so we ask the world to please honor Blaze’s memory by doing an act of kindness today - don’t wait - do it now. Celebrate the goodness that still exists in this world in-spite of these acts of senseless evil. People are good and Blaze knew that,” she said. “Honor yourselves and him."

"

Someone in the Facebook group was talking about setting up a social media account where people can post about the acts of kindness they do in memory of Blaze, so his parents always have something to look at that's beautiful about him.

I thought that was so cool. I would definitely do it.

I think he was expecting to do a runner on his own (SO arrested him, because they believed he was going to run..see previous thread, around when the arrest videos began)....I have a gut feeling that his parents were not, (even if they could), about to finance his flight from LE, but that's not supported by any facts, etc...

Whether his demeanor with LE ('nerfing', btw, I hope someone contacts the Sheriff's office, so they can remove that 'occupation'..just ridiculous!), or his possible drug use, that mugshot makes him look like many other harden criminals with (imho) dead/hardened eyes..Yes, I realize ppl often posture because they know their mugshot will be seen, but during his arrest (perp walk), he didn't seem very bothered by his situation..(which makes his appearing 'nervous' to LE all the more surprising, telling, unusual)...

I think that due to the amount of media coverage, and national interest by the public, this case has garnered, that SW is likely better off in jail, as he is (don't laugh, I'm serious), far safer there than on the outside at this point...(the more media coverage, the wider the viewership, the wider the viewership, the more likely he comes to the attention of unstable nutters...the more unstable nutters whose attention he draws, the higher the likelihood one of the does something irrational to harm him...(JMHO)...No, jail isn't fun, yes, jail is dangerous, but in all likelihood, in jail he will be in solitary confinement/protective custody...or even on suicide watch, which means a deputy or CO will be required to watch him 24/7, typically in several hour shifts, where they must 'note' his condition & what he is doing at specific times (regularly) during their shift...

Lastly, sadly such a high bond may well be within his parent's easy reach...&...Yes, I agree with his possible doing a runner, but if he was supported by his parent's why haven't they come forward in the media (not persecuting or drawing them in necessarily, just surprised we haven't seen them in the media as yet advocating on the side of their son)...

Curious, whose income/property valuation (SW'a or Parent's) is used in setting bond or is it at all a consideration? I thought the courts had to look at and take into consideration the financial status of any defendant and their ability to pay bond when setting the bond..(if that made sense)...he's an adult so wouldn't they go by his income or is it his & theirs because he's still a dependent due to his college attendance?

All of the above is simply my own opinions, views, beliefs, theories, thoughts, and Big Fish Tales; unless otherwise directed to a URL or other information source.

I believe we will be finding out soon SW is a Dylann Roof type. I believe he may have some personality disorder. I think he became attracted to and radicalized by white nationalist extremist propaganda. The pictures he posted on FB of himself posing in front of the Confederate flag and then defending it angrily in the comments and mentioning the gay pride flag. He's hair cut and demeanor. I think he had developed a deeply hate filled political ideology which would include hatred of gays and Jews. He wanted to lash out and he remembered Blaze who was small and gentle, an easy target. They may or may not have had some sort of romantic involvement many years ago or they may have just been friends who had a falling out. Either way he was able to convince Blaze to meet up with him. Maybe Blaze felt sorry for him or maybe SW acted like he was interested in him.

Once he got him in his car, Blaze was his prisoner and at some point, the much larger SW, beat Blaze and strangled him to death in a rage filled but premeditated murder scenario. I think he hastily hid Blaze's body and went back later as he said he did, not to look for Blaze, but to attempt to conceal the body better.

I will not be surprised if we find out SW was active with the radicalized white supremacist/white nationalist community. In fact, I'll be shocked if we don't. I'm expecting the Feds to get involved at any moment and possible hate crime charges to follow.

I find I don't really care what he was or why he did it, such a void, the evil he chose to do. Just his DNA matters and evidence to put him away.

Blaze will always be so much more than his brief life which ended so cruelly but shined so bright. Nothing will change that.

https://pennreviewlitmag.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/picking-marbles-from-dirt-by-blaze-bernstein/

Blaze wrote:

"The decision between brief and attaché or serene and halcyon lies only in the moment.
I’ll sit at my desk and suddenly the story will unfurl its feathers to the world and the showdown starts with a pop and a bang: the devil paying a visit to collect her leather moccasins, a coin trick that makes the world come alive, or a year in the life of a freak show with Electra the eel woman and Crystal the girl with clear skin. These stories get frozen in time and space, colored marbles in dirt waiting for me to pick them out and make them whole."

To me, this is unforgettable writing that will always make people feel more whole, more human.

Whether his demeanor with LE ('nerfing', btw, I hope someone contacts the Sheriff's office, so they can remove that 'occupation'..just ridiculous!),

Can you expand on the nerfing thing? There is a nerf party company in OC that seems to do parties for kids, so its possible it was a real occupation, but one look at his mugshot and he doesnt' look like he's in a condition to be helping with childrens events.

There have been some posts on here saying that nerfing has a sexual meaning (which doesn't really align with the gay community, it would be straight people who would do "nerfing" and also nerfing would be more like a one person activity than a group activity, but maybe I'm wrong)

And then the other theory is that he said nerf games or whatever just to piss off the Sheriff which as you say seems inconsistent if he was also nervous.

I'd like to hear you expand on this a bit if you want, no pressure if you don't have any thoughts to add.

There is also an independent video game developer called nerf games that develop game apps. http://nerf-game.com/ This type of job would fit with a person who is creative. It would also be a job that could be worked from home and one that a person would not need many social skills.

They were probably worried he was going to run. IMO

I agree. Especially with the release of the search warrant. And everyone revealing his identity online.

They tried hard to say he wasn't a suspect and was "cooperating" but many of us felt they weren't telling the truth because they were trying to keep him calm.

Logistically, it is much safer for everyone involved to arrest a suspect when he is alone, contained in a vehicle, at a traffic stop. An house arrest can, and usually does, mean that there will be other people present in the house who are sympathetic to the suspect and can and do, cause more confusion which can escalate into a horror show. A house arrest can lead to a hostage situation, a shoot out from a hidden position, etc. It is MUCH safer for everyone involved to do the traffic stop arrest.

I would think it would be safer as the person is walking out of their house. Once in a vehicle they can use it as a weapon.

But I guess they just do the best the can when they have to.

I knew it would be quick though based on what was leaked and I'm glad it was.

It looks like a scene from a high school movie like Twilight or something scary.

He's a good looking kid but troubled looking. Brooding is the term for that.

Such a shame he decided to become a murderer. I have a feeling he's the type that is filled with feelings of anger and entitlement. How much do you wanna' bet he's a narcissist?

From Gardenista’s link - what a sweet, sweet photo.....I could just cry looking at it. I’m sure Blaze’s mom will always take great comfort in it.

cache.php

I have been glued to this thread & hurt so badly for Blaze’s family, friends and loved ones. Heavy, heavy sigh.

Such a kind face. Beautiful boy. It's terrible.

My understanding is that they were classmates, but not “hang out” friends. And that just a couple of years then SW left.

It's hard to understand why they connected. I wonder what info will come out about that if any. If all their communications were via snap chat it could be hard to gather that evidence.

This is a good clip. It doesn’t appear that SW house is that of an affluent area in comparison. You can hear him say No comment pretty well.

Blaze funeral is on Monday

Thanks for recommending it. It is a very good clip. A lot going on there.

He seems confident and slightly mad. His mother's actions intrigue me. I recognize that neighborhood and that house is probably worth about a million.

Actually, probably worth much more.

Logistically, it is much safer for everyone involved to arrest a suspect when he is alone, contained in a vehicle, at a traffic stop. An house arrest can, and usually does, mean that there will be other people present in the house who are sympathetic to the suspect and can and do, cause more confusion which can escalate into a horror show. A house arrest can lead to a hostage situation, a shoot out from a hidden position, etc. It is MUCH safer for everyone involved to do the traffic stop arrest.

Very interesting! :thinking:

Very affluent area. Homes may be older but they’re pricey. SW house is double the price of BBs area, as it is in Newport Beach. You’re talking $1.7 million in Newport for $850k in foothill ranch. Closer to the beach: location, location, location.

Yeah. I initially said one million but realized that probably super low for the area!!

KEEP THE PEACE
......in our minds....and in our hearts....

The irony of all irony's -- Sam Woodward's hoodie is from the non-profit Keep the Peace whose mission is:

Keep the Peace is a true non-profit that focuses on providing financial aid and/or equipment aid to violent and under served families, organizations and communities. Keep the Peace is interested in helping discover the best ways possible to help find peace in our world, peace in our homes, peace in our communities, peace in our minds and peace in our hearts.

Outdoor activities and athletics is our passion and our way to help finding peace. Join us!!!

But what did he rob him of? BB didn't bring anything with him, did he?

Meth is CHEAP! This wasn't a robbery.

It scares me to think SW might get bail, I'm pretty sure his family would post the entire amount. This case won't go to trial for at least 5+ years. SW could be free for a very long time until his trial starts. I think this guy would be a threat to the community, he looks cold, scary and unhinged. He did just murder someone. His parents would be foolish to bail him out because they will be scrutinized, harassed, called names, people camped around their house a big media circus on a daily basis just like what Cindy and George Anthony went through. This family will be a prisoner in their own home. They need to leave his murdering arse in jail.

Can you expand on the nerfing thing? (SNIP)
There have been some posts on here
(SNIP)
I'd like to hear you expand on this a bit if you want, no pressure if you don't have any thoughts to add.

I was simply going by what has been posted on WS. And, the fact that there is some question as to the actual definition of such a term, and if it is or is not a valid occupation.

Which ever definition applies, is for the Sheriff's Office to determine; however, it should be brought to the Sheriff's attention that a question exists at all..(imho)...the same way as if any other individual stated (& it somehow got entered into the system), that one's occupation was... 'clown packer'..(might be a real job where someone packs clowns in their boxes, might be total b.s., but should be investigated if real, imaginary, or sarcastic reply to make LE look foolish)...only that...

•••• UPDATED ••••
Oh!, in re: to his looking like a hardened criminal in relation to 'nerfing', I meant, if it were a non-existent occupation, and just his way of manipulating LE and attempting to make them look foolish, being a very controlling/manipulative, and ..Umm.. narcissistic type personality trait..from someone who would be showing a passive aggressive distain for LE..or others in general..

All of the above is simply my own humble opinion, views, thoughts, theories, suppositions, Big Fish Tales; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to other source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3