Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/on-air...de-Victim-Arrested_Los-Angeles-469104873.html
paraphrasd
Hetty Chang reports for NBCLA
video includes, standing outside the jail, a classmate of suspect's, who doesn't remember seeing them together at school ever. The suspect was a loner according to her.

~

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/13/high-school-friend-arrested-in-death-upenn-student.html

"Detectives used Bernstein's Snapchat account to locate Woodward, Orange County Undersheriff Don Barnes told the L.A. Times."

~

Suspect arrested for alleged murder of UPenn student, mom says 'revenge is empty'
http://abcnews.go.com/US/person-custody-alleged-murder-upenn-student/story?id=52280922

He reminds me of ARS, who killed Jessica Ridgeway :(

If Sam did kill him by stabbing him repeatedly there would be Blaze's blood all over his clothes, car and house. That would be very incriminating DNA evidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Despite nerves his story stayed consistent when talking to LE, it was widely reported in MSM from OCR's affidavit report, so when do you suppose he had legal advice and help, if he did? Before or after the camping trip, soon after killing and burying BB in a shallow grave by the field, or after he was first tracked down through Snapchat?

Despite nerves his story stayed consistent when talking to LE, it was widely reported in MSM from OCR's affidavit report, so when do you suppose he had legal advice and help, if he did? Before or after the camping trip, soon after killing and burying BB in a shallow grave by the field, or after he was first tracked down through Snapchat?

I think it was probably obvious the moment he arrived back at his place that he had been involved in something horrific -maybe torn pieces of clothing, scratches, blood spatter- I would not be surprised at all if he first confessed it to one or both his parents and they took it from there.

I also think, on a completely different issue, that wearing that hoodie, is not coincidental at all. It is worn on purpose for the cameras -again I suspect legal advice here- and that will become part of the trial -if this ever goes to trial- along with some of his comments on SM, as his defense would claim he is a non-violent person.

All my speculation and personal opinion.

Has it been established that SW attends or recently attended college? And, do we know from what high school he graduated? Sorry, if I missed it somewhere.
Yes, wouldn't his occupation be listed as student if that were true? I've filled out enough forms to know that it's normally a choice. When you're in college, that it considered your occupation.

Hi Guys,

Just got up (7:50 am in Florida) and boy did you have a busy night. I missed a lot . Look forward to reading all your comments.
Just wanted to mention , in my opinion only, If it shows death from strangulation, think his counsel should go for
an accident when they were having consensual sex, death, panic, burying BB, coming up with a stupid story about girlfriend (which was not thought out ), Inconsistencies due to trauma over deed.

Hi Guys,

Just got up (7:50 am in Florida) and boy did you have a busy night. I missed a lot . Look forward to reading all your comments.
Just wanted to mention , in my opinion only, If it shows death from strangulation, think his counsel should go for
an accident when they were having consensual sex, death, panic, burying BB, coming up with a stupid story about girlfriend (which was not thought out ), Inconsistencies due to trauma over deed.

How are they to explain the defense wounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

..............and the "fight club " injuries were from...........

ETA....good morning

If they are just scratches on the hands could be explained by saying he got them when he was digging around in the brush.

At that time of the night? I have to disagree. Why would the two of them have went into the park? They could have talked in the car. I think they went into the park to have sex.

We may never be able to determine BB's mindset prior to this meet-up, but I am curious about multiple facets of this. If I were meeting someone to get caught up etc etc and had the slightest inkling there might be issues - or the individual invites negative connotations from previous experience (in high school, etc) - I would have simply met in public during the day - mall (if they exist anymore), fast food etc.

A lot will hinge on just how BB ended up in the park at 11 PM. If he left important personal items behind (keys, wallet), as we have previously discussed briefly, it could have been 1) a concern for personal safety, therefore hedging a bit, or 2) the expectation of a brief encounter, for whatever purpose.

If BB were at all concerned for his own safety that evening, I am curious as to why he would enter a secluded region of a closed park at night, unless he was coerced. As for SW, as things unfold, I am curious as to any evidence of premeditation.

How are they to explain the defense wounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, LE has been mum on the condition of BB's body. . So far, public commentary has centered on dirt under SW's fingernails, but certainly they would be looking closely at BB's fingernails for anything - SW's skin or DNA - indicating a struggle. The same would apply to SW, but what would be left by the time of booking (1/13) after 11 days?

SW's DNA has been verified, and while this is an extremely unpleasant topic, if it were deposited after BB's death, then SW is a real piece of work (as if he weren't already).

Spellbound said:
Samuel Woodward, 21, was taken into custody Friday shortly after leaving his home in Newport Beach

Okay - I've seen his age as 19, 20, and now 21 - ?? Anyone know his "real" age?

TIA!

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...dy-was-found-this-week-in-a-lake-forest-park/
Samuel Lincoln Woodward, 20,

http://abcnews.go.com/US/person-custody-alleged-murder-upenn-student/story?id=52280922
Samuel Woodward, a high school classmate of Bernstein's and also 19-years-old,

okay - never mind - OC Sheriff's office says he is 20 years old....

Nancy2441 said:
He is listed in inmate locator. Court appearance 1/17. Also his occupation is listed as Nerf games???

www.ocsd.org.

Press conference said arraignment was Tuesday - and that would be the 16th. I couldn't find a date of court appearance on the link you gave above.... :dunno:

FindHG said:
There's some info on this post re arraignment... https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...6#post13862526
and per that link - it says:
Tuesday arraignment

Tuesday is the 16th. I don't see the 17th anywhere....

Hope you go to the arraignment Gitana!!

Going to post this - all from the last thread.... now will start reading this one!

Whiteorchids said:
I brought this over from the other thread. This is from the OC sheriffs website inmate information.

Shows his next court date 1/17/2018 at Cental Jail Court which is located inside the men's central jail. It's a small area with a few chairs and a monitor so he might be arraigned by video.

He is housed in IRC as of now which is the Intake Release Center.

There are a considerable amount of beds 800 for long term housing. I know someone who was housed in IRC for two years. Houses a lot of medical inmates, mental illness or that take meds along with others.

http://www.ocsd.org/divisions/custody/irc

ok - I went to that site - "which" one do you click on after you get there?

IRC & Transportation Home
Cashier & Bail Information
Inmate Information
Inmate Mail
Inmate Records
Location & Directions
Visiting Hours & Information

??? Do you have to Register first? TIA! Just want to make sure I have the correct date of his arraignment! Sorry if I keep asking.... :blush:

ok - I went to that site - "which" one do you click on after you get there?

IRC & Transportation Home
Cashier & Bail Information
Inmate Information
Inmate Mail
Inmate Records
Location & Directions
Visiting Hours & Information

??? Do you have to Register first? TIA! Just want to make sure I have the correct date of his arraignment! Sorry if I keep asking.... :blush:

Inmate info: http://ws.ocsd.org/Whoisinjail/Search.aspx

We may never be able to determine BB's mindset prior to this meet-up, but I am curious about multiple facets of this. If I were meeting someone to get caught up etc etc and had the slightest inkling there might be issues - or the individual invites negative connotations from previous experience (in high school, etc) - I would have simply met in public during the day - mall (if they exist anymore), fast food etc.

A lot will hinge on just how BB ended up in the park at 11 PM. If he left important personal items behind (keys, wallet), as we have previously discussed briefly, it could have been 1) a concern for personal safety, therefore hedging a bit, or 2) the expectation of a brief encounter, for whatever purpose.

If BB were at all concerned for his own safety that evening, I am curious as to why he would enter a secluded region of a closed park at night, unless he was coerced. As for SW, as things unfold, I am curious as to any evidence of premeditation.

That seems to be a given.

Most people do not consent to "meet" someone at a park late at night. In BB's case with SW it may have been for a tryst, or not. There is still a lot of information that needs to come forth in order to understand why BB went to the park with SW late that night. Either way, it sounds like a high-risk meeting. MOO

Round up of my sleuthing/surfing/musing before turning out the light:

...snipped for focus...

Re: Internet footprint
-I think the defendant's family may have engaged the services of a professional web content scrubber like Reputation.com. These companies can find online content and take it down or peg it with other non relevant content so it doesn't appear high up in searches. This is just a theory based on my own experiences with search terms showing fewer hits and less relevant material over the last few days.

This is interesting and I never knew companies or services like that exist.

Just learning more about this case since I saw it on the news recently. Sounds like LE has the right person.
Let justice be swift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member