Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Animalirule,

Than you for bringing this to my attention. My belief was that you and another poster seemed to favor this as being a "hate Crime". I simply meant just because SW's ideology is a" conservative "one, his character and values will come into play...but not to prove at the time of the murder it was a Hate Crime.

Perhaps they will uncover the planning stage of this crime, and then premeditation could be examined as a Motive for it being a hate crime.

No. I think they'd have a hard time proving this was a hate crime. My point was more that some posters are dismissing the idea of "hate crimes" as a superfluous or meaningless designation. There are very real, logical reasons that the hate crime designation came to be. I believe SW had a lot of hate and ugliness in his heart as evidenced by his SM, but I'm not thinking of this particular murder in the aspect of a hate crime. Other posters are claiming that any discussion of SW's ideology is an insidious way to bring politics into the discussion. I don't think that there's a way to innocently ignore his SM postings, which went way beyond "innocuous postings" of "conservative values".

NC has started

eta: lol, sorry, that was an old news conference that started up on DA facebook page

Whatever the reason, SW is a murderer. BB is his victim.

BB happens to be/have been openly gay.

SW was not, for whatever reason, be it closeted or straight.

They knew each other since high school.

They get together one night, go to places with surveillance cameras that capture their movements and then BB ends up dead, in a shallow grave, in a public park and SW calls the police within 4 hours of the murder and reports BB missing, taking LE to the park.

It doesn't sound premeditated. And, it sounds remorseful. He took LE to the body within 4 hours of killing him. Why? Guilt. Remorse. He wanted them to find the body.

What he did is horrific, it shows a lack of self-control that is unacceptable in a civilized world and he must be imprisoned to keep others safe. I suggest for his natural life. He is a danger to society as is every person who intentionally takes the life of another without any legal defense. I agree, wholeheartedly.

I just don't see any benefit to calling it a hate crime. Murder is hateful and none less hateful or more hateful than another. It is all hate.

A "hate crime" legally will put the killing, if it is charged as 1st Degree Murder, on a higher punishment level. If the jury decides it is indeed a hate crime, the penalty could be worse -- as we all know.

I was hoping to make the arraignment, but can’t get away. I’m looking forward to Gitana’s report. I believe she’s there.

I don't have an issue with her discussing the Bernstein family.

I believe that the Woodwards are victims also.

They didn't ask for this.

A murder charge has been filed against a suspect in the death of a University of Pennsylvania student whose body was found buried and stabbed in a Southern California park.

A complaint filed in Orange County Superior Court Wednesday morning alleges 20-year-old Samuel Woodward used a knife to kill 19-year-old Blaze Bernstein.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/world/...harge-filed-in-college-student-s-killing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper