Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbors in the Newport Beach neighborhood where Woodward had been living have launched an email campaign, urging the district attorney not release him on bail. Woodward is currently being held without bail, but bail could be set at his arraignment, which is expected to happen after charges are filed.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/17/charges-samuel-woodward-blaze-bernstein-murder/

I think that's the judge's decision..DA will request no bail, defense will request O.R.

SW may well have left the scene after the murder -- he may have gone back home to get a shovel, etc., to bury/hide his body. Thus the "camping gear," perhaps?

Hast[B said:
ingsChi;13871195]Based on just the evidence we are aware of, if the forensics are solid a jury will have no problem convicting for murder, however no jury is ever going to affirm a hate crime charge in a case that the victim knowingly and purposefully outed his killer. If the DA goes this route, any component defense attorney will dig through the victim's digital footprint (which we know LE already has) and use it to negate the hate crime charge. The very uncomfortable reality]/B]is that if Woodward killed himself in response to the victim "outing" him, the public would be outraged and demand the person who outed him be held accountable. The only thing charging this as a hate crime will do is result in tarnishing the victim's character/memory and creating sympathy for a killer who deserves none. A hate crime charge would be very foolish road for the prosecution to take.

Excellent way of referencing the victims behavior......and I would imagine SW's attorney will jump all over that info.
It is never a good idea to "out" someone before they have acknowledged it themselves. Especially if they have some mental instability. Sometimes one does not know that until it is too late, like BB. JMO

Local ch 4 news. She’s just asked for privacy for their family as well as the Bernstein family. Arraignment tomorrow. No new info stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This irks me. It's not her place to ask for privacy for the Berenstein family if they have not requested this. It reeks of her wanting to look like she cares about them, but the motive is really to maintain control of the narrative, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I still believe BB was killed in the park, though I could be wrong on this, no real evidence to prove either way, just a hunch on my part. The sleep bag had blood on it, how much, do we know? The sleeping bag would absorb a lot of blood and same with the dirt on the ground should there be any blood splattered. If he was killed someplace else, than I think it would be very hard to carry, or drag a dead body through the park. MOO!

The Orange County DA's Office Press Release provides a FaceBook link to watch the press conference:

http://bit.ly/2mF3Dg8
January 16, 2018
MEDIA ADVISORY

WHO: Orange County District Attorney (OCDA) Tony Rackauckas

WHAT: Will hold a news conference announcing the filing decision for Samuel Lincoln Woodward in the murder of 19-year-old Blaze Bernstein.

WHEN: Tomorrow, Jan. 17, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. Doors will open at 8:30 a.m. for credentialed members of the press, OCDA staff, and invited guests. Embargoed copies of related materials will be available.

WHERE: First floor law library, OCDA’s Office, 401 Civic Center Drive W., Santa Ana, CA 92701

Watch remotely through Facebook Live at https://facebook.com/OCDATony

This irks me. It's not her place to ask for privacy for the Berenstein family if they have not requested this. It reeks of her wanting to look like she cares about them, but the motive is really to maintain control of the narrative, IMO.

Wow. There is nothing indicating that she doesn't care about them. Lots of killers' families have compassion for the victims' families. I consider her to be a victim also.

On KTLA this morning info on 'parked car.'
PC is starting ty for the link.

As far as I know, 'own recognizance'.

Yes, O.R. is own recognizance. It releases the defendant without him posting a bond, only giving his word to return as required. Its virtually never given in a murder case. I would expect no bail or very high bond. If he is allowed bail, there will be strict bond conditions. Probably a monitor, no travel out of the area, no contact with witnesses, surrender passport, sign waiver of extradition, etc.

Respectfully, I do not see how this knowledge makes lt a hate crime "at the time of the killing".

RUK

Animalirule,

Than you for bringing this to my attention. My belief was that you and another poster seemed to favor this as being a "hate Crime". I simply meant just because SW's ideology is a" conservative "one, his character and values will come into play...but not to prove at the time of the murder it was a Hate Crime.

Perhaps they will uncover the planning stage of this crime, and then premeditation could be examined as a Motive for it being a hate crime.

Wow. There is nothing indicating that she doesn't care about them. Lots of killers' families have compassion for the victims' families. I consider her to be a victim also.
I maintain that IMO that part of the statement was about optics and control. The Berenstein family is speaking out and it's their choice to do so. They don't need their son's killer's mother to be speaking for them. That's why they have a spokesperson, which SWs mother is well aware of unless she is living under a rock. If the B's do not want to speak to the press, their spokesperson will say so.

If my son's killer's mother tried to speak for me with the press, I'd be hot as heck.

Yes, I haven't gone back to read a transcript, but, I wondered if maybe the broadcast was saying, "she asked for privacy", as did the Bernstein family. If not, and she requested privacy for her own family and the Bernstein family, I agree, she needs to keep their name out of her mouth. There's a reason she scrubbed her own SM. It's disgusting if she is attempting to come off as though she wants to protect them.

Yes, I haven't gone back to read a transcript, but, I wondered if maybe the broadcast was saying, "she asked for privacy", as did the Bernstein family. If not, and she requested privacy for her own family and the Bernstein family, I agree, she needs to keep their name out of her mouth. There's a reason she scrubbed her own SM. It's disgusting if she is attempting to come off as though she wants to protect them.
I watched the video. She requested privacy for her family and the Bernstein family.
Edited to correct spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member