Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, as we know from his SM (now scrubbed) that his views went beyond what are being recalled here in this article. This isn't just a matter of SW being "conservative." HIs character and values are a huge part of the story, and it would be disingenuous to ignore them.

Respectfully, I do not see how this knowledge makes lt a hate crime "at the time of the killing".

RUK

Please do not take it as fact that SW called the police to report BB missing. The post you quoted is literally the only place I’ve read that. By all other accounts, BB’s parents reported him missing and BB’s parents tracked down SW thru BB’s texts or snapchats.

BBM: You are correct, I miss spoke on this :blushing: Also in my defense, I was quoting a poster who had said SW called the police within 4 hours.

Based on just the evidence we are aware of, if the forensics are solid a jury will have no problem convicting for murder, however no jury is ever going to affirm a hate crime charge in a case that the victim knowingly and purposefully outed his killer. If the DA goes this route, any component defense attorney will dig through the victim's digital footprint (which we know LE already has) and use it to negate the hate crime charge. The very uncomfortable reality is that if Woodward killed himself in response to the victim "outing" him, the public would be outraged and demand the person who outed him be held accountable. The only thing charging this as a hate crime will do is result in tarnishing the victim's character/memory and creating sympathy for a killer who deserves none. A hate crime charge would be very foolish road for the prosecution to take.

Very well said. Spot on. This assumes the "outing" is true, but there seems to be plenty of corroboration for that, so I'm making the assumption that it is for the moment until we get more detail.

My doubts about the viability of our shared explanation is that logically it doesn't make sense -- remaining at the crime scene a second longer than one needs to increases one's chances of getting caught by someone and I doubt that the killer knew enough about how the body works to understand that the splatter and spurting would be incredibly minimal or non existent. That being said, there's no logic in the act of killing...

IMO he may have been killed somewhere else--we have quite a big window of opportunity for BB being moved there same night . Heck if this was premeditated the cover up site could have been made in advance of the killing, right?

I don't see how one can discount a theory when one doesn't have one, but to each his own.

When someone states with authority that he was killed because he outed his friend... That's how I can discredit a theory. We don't know that. We may not know that until the trial.

I do have some thoughts but I would't put them out there as fact. I have more questions than answers right now. If someone were to write a post with what we actually know as fact, it would be short right now. I think I will hold my opinions until after the press conference at 9AM.

Well, thanks for answering for me, but no, I was referring to a MSM article in which two girls were referenced in regard to text messages between them and BB, talking about SW.

eta: Though, I am also concerned about any former classmates mentioned or speaking out on Reddit. If he gets out on bail, he will no doubt have access to reddit.
As Reddit is an anonymous user platform, it is important to note that just because someone claims they were a friend/ classmate of the victim or the accused doesn't mean they actually were or even met either of them. Anyone can easily read through published reports and troll social media to gain knowledge to use to convince people on anonymous sites like Reddit that they have special insider knowledge as there's no verification required for them to validate their claims. When a case attains lots of news coverage, it brings out those people to those sites.

2nd paragraph: 10th grade at OCSA.
Mudcat I am very curious about your mention of ‘Home school’, as most of the article centers around the school they attended and the teacher is quoted throughout. It is self explanatory in my opinion. The headline reads ‘A former teacher...’

I was curious to find out which high school SW attended after he left OCSA.
Another user cleared that up for me indicating that he attended Corona del Mar HS his last two year of high school.

I'm worried about one thing. I hope that the detectives and DA and their affidavits and the OC Register haven't been too strongly influenced by SW's statements and view of his own case. We can't hear from Blaze but they have had ample opportunity to hear from Sam.

This is just my opinion, but from what has been leaked out, it sounds like SW may be pushing the view that all sexual contact was initiated by BB, and that he, the totally straight SW, reacted in holy horror. While it's possible that BB initiated contact on that night, I really doubt that. And at this point, after so many changing stories, I don't trust anything that SW says. JMO

Very well said. Spot on. This assumes the "outing" is true, but there seems to be plenty of corroboration for that, so I'm making the assumption that it is for the moment until we get more detail.
It's quoted from the affidavit -- if it's not true and LE included false information in the affidavit, that would put the entire case in jeopardy. [For the record, I don't think the outing is the motive since the outing occurred in June and the murder was 6 months later.]

When someone states with authority that he was killed because he outed his friend... That's how I can discredit a theory. We don't know that. We may not know that until the trial.

I do have some thoughts but I would't put them out there as fact. I have more questions than answers right now. If someone were to write a post with what we actually know as fact, it would be short right now. I think I will hold my opinions until after the press conference at 9AM.

I see. Thanks. I wasn't aware that someone stated with authority that he was murdered due to outing SW. All I've seen here are theories.

The OC Register claims that, but we don’t know.
Well, we do. It's quoted from the affidavit. To suggest it's not true suggests that LE knowingly included false information in the affidavit which would place their entire case in jeopardy.

I'm still fixated on the park. LE did state that they believe Blaze was killed there, and no weapon has yet been found, and there were 20 stab wounds... The park was open again within a short time after discovering Blaze's body. Was a secondary search throughout the park conducted for a murder weapon? Was there a blood trail? Does LE know based on their evidence that he was killed exactly where they found him? Will we know more after today's possible arraignment and press conference?

As Reddit is an anonymous user platform, it is important to note that just because someone claims they were a friend/ classmate of the victim or the accused doesn't mean they actually were or even met either of them. Anyone can easily read through published reports and troll social media to gain knowledge to use to convince people on anonymous sites like Reddit that they have special insider knowledge as there's no verification required for them to validate their claims. When a case attains lots of news coverage, it brings out those people to those sites.

Oh, I absolutely understand all that. I’m just saying, if I were a former classmate and had spoken out against sw online or to LE or the press, then I’d be in fear if sw gets out on bail. If he reads their comments and identifies them, or even just thinks he knows who they are,.... Those are the people I’d be concerned about, not so much the neighbors.

In reflecting on the fact that there were over 20 stab wounds, one wonders how the killer was able to sanitize the crime scene in the darkness of night so thoroughly that three days of searching the park and trained dogs failed to locate any forensic evidence.

How does one get rid of all evidence of a rage killing in the dark in an area surrounded by dirt, plants and trees?

One possible explanation is that the killer did strangle/suffocate to kill and, in an attempt to cover-up a crime of passion, stabbed the remains 20 times after death in the location that the remains were concealed. Since one's blood doesn't flow after death, the blood spatter which typically occurs from 20 stab wounds would not occur in any significant way.

Just my thoughts, I'm likely wrong. :)

....or killed somewhere else and brought back there later that night

I'm worried about one thing. I hope that the detectives and DA and their affidavits and the OC Register haven't been too strongly influenced by SW's statements and view of his own case. We can't hear from Blaze but they have had ample opportunity to hear from Sam.

This is just my opinion, but from what has been leaked out, it sounds like SW may be pushing the view that all sexual contact was initiated by BB, and that he, the totally straight SW, reacted in holy horror. While it's possible that BB initiated contact on that night, I really doubt that. And at this point, after so many changing stories, I don't trust anything that SW says. JMO

Totally understand your point. But I'm sure LE will also be interviewing the other friends of BB that have knowledge of their relationship. I'm sure they will be able to represent BB's interests. I don't think LE are any more inclined to believe SW than you are, so I'm not too worried about that aspect. I'm hoping that the evidence speaks for itself. The issue for all of us is that we have only been given little snippets. LE surely has a much more complete picture than we do at this juncture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler