Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: I not 100% sure but I think this was premeditated. He may have called the police just so they don't suspect him??? Maybe he was thinking he could get away with it??? I really don't know but this is my guess. SW stabbed BB over 20 times and I'm assuming it was with a knife. He actually carried the knife with him to the spot where he killed BB. I think SW took the sleeping bag with him luring BB into "making out" in the sleeping bag, then went from there and tried to bury BB the best he could. I think he then freaked out realizing what he did, drove around a bit, made up a story (therefore the girlfriend, didn't know last name or where she lived). MOO!

Please do not take it as fact that SW called the police to report BB missing. The post you quoted is literally the only place I’ve read that. By all other accounts, BB’s parents reported him missing and BB’s parents tracked down SW thru BB’s texts or snapchats.

I don't think the knife was premeditated. As I said above, I think the COD could have been strangulation, followed by stabbing. In my scenario, I see strangulation, then SW got a knife (maybe from the car, amid the camping equipment) and returned to the body. The stab wounds made it look like a violent attack, which it was of course, but I think in SW's mind the overkill would throw the suspicion away from him. SW might have thought that Blaze wasn't fully dead from the strangulation so he made sure he was by finishing him off with the knife.

Theory - I think SW asked BB to go camping with him for the night. BB said he couldn't due to the dentist appointment and he didn't trust SW fully (he left his glasses, meds to show he couldn't leave overnight). This would explain the camping equipment and SW planned on doing this somewhere more remote. The thing that creeps me out is I get the feeling BB tried to run

It sounds premeditated probably for outing him in social media

I can see it in his face.[/B] I can read it in the actions we know about thus far. Blaze had no idea what he was dealing with. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about his face tells you he wants to kill? I'm just curious how you can make that sort of assumption based on a mugshot.

Maybe there WAS blood in the park - but didn't it rain?? So the blood gets swept away by rain.

Let's see - only 2 hours and 10 minutes to go for 9am Pacific time?

Edited to add: if Gitana or anyone else in the area is going - I noticed they are letting reporters in - you can say you are a reporter from Websleuths! :)

Maybe there WAS blood in the park - but didn't it rain?? So the blood gets swept away by rain.

Blaze’s parents will be interviewed on the Today Show tomorrow morning.

To me this means no plea deal.

Respectfully, we are going the wrong way. There is no evidence that SW reached out to LE after BB died and as the poster above me just posted the OC Register reported the 20 plus stab wounds!
In reflecting on the fact that there were over 20 stab wounds, one wonders how the killer was able to sanitize the crime scene in the darkness of night so thoroughly that three days of searching the park and trained dogs failed to locate any forensic evidence.

How does one get rid of all evidence of a rage killing in the dark in an area surrounded by dirt, plants and trees?

One possible explanation is that the killer did strangle/suffocate to kill and, in an attempt to cover-up a crime of passion, stabbed the remains 20 times after death in the location that the remains were concealed. Since one's blood doesn't flow after death, the blood spatter which typically occurs from 20 stab wounds would not occur in any significant way.

Just my thoughts, I'm likely wrong. :)

The rain came several days after LE first searched the park. But it's possible LE missed any blood when they initially searched.

Blaze’s parents will be interviewed on the Today Show tomorrow morning.

To me this means no plea deal.

It's WAY too early for a plea deal, he was just arrested a few days ago. Defense needs to know the charges first, what kinda evidence they have, etc, etc.

What about his face tells you he wants to kill? I'm just curious how you can make that sort of assumption based on a mugshot.

I said the mugshot and everything I have read about his actions thus far. And believe me, I have read everything, some of which we cannot discuss here.

Obviously this is a discussion group and my opinion, not a court of law. They won't convict him on his mug.

In reflecting on the fact that there were over 20 stab wounds, one wonders how the killer was able to sanitize the crime scene in the darkness of night so thoroughly that three days of searching the park and trained dogs failed to locate any forensic evidence.

How does one get rid of all evidence of a rage killing in the dark in an area surrounded by dirt, plants and trees?

One possible explanation is that the killer did strangle/suffocate to kill and, in an attempt to cover-up a crime of passion, stabbed the remains 20 times after death in the location that the remains were concealed. Since one's blood doesn't flow after death, the blood spatter which typically occurs from 20 stab wounds would not occur in any significant way.

Just my thoughts, I'm likely wrong. :)

That's exactly what I said above!

Edited to add: if Gitana or anyone else in the area is going - I noticed they are letting reporters in - you can say you are a reporter from Websleuths! :)

Regarding the blood, I would think it would have coagulated by the time the rains started, therefore stuck to things (assuming there were identifiable remnants of it left at the murder location). (IIRC there was an interval of some days between foggy, dry weather around the time of the murder 1/2, and rains which had started closer to 1/9, when the body was discovered)

My understanding is that setting bail will be a topic of today's hearing. If the prosecution has evidence that the murder was extreme in its violence, I trust it will be presented, and we can move on from uncertainties surrounding the COD.

That's exactly what I said above!
My doubts about the viability of our shared explanation is that logically it doesn't make sense -- remaining at the crime scene a second longer than one needs to increases one's chances of getting caught by someone and I doubt that the killer knew enough about how the body works to understand that the splatter and spurting would be incredibly minimal or non existent. That being said, there's no logic in the act of killing...

I could be wrong but I think the want this prosecuted as a hate crime. Not a crime of passion/rage.
It’s just a gut felling.

The victim knowingly and purposefully outing the man charged with his murder tends to negate this being prosecuted as a hate crime.

LE will act accordingly with the evidence they have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

According to the article in the link, the "no bail" option carries with it a charge of Murder - Special Circumstances. Various other murder charges carry various bail amounts, which opens up the possibility that Woodward's family could conceivably come up with the money. Residents of his neighborhood are pleading to keep SW off the streets.

It is equally sad when an entire community is in fear for their safety, IMO. From the same CBS Los Angeles Article:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/01/16/new-details-death-blaze-bernstein/

I would be mostly concerned about the former classmates who have spoken out against SW, especially the 2 girls mentioned in the OSR article. If he does get out on bail, I hope he either has an ankle bracelet or 24-hour surveillance. He may think he has nothing to lose at this point.

According to the article in the link, the "no bail" option carries with it a charge of Murder - Special Circumstances. Various other murder charges carry various bail amounts, which opens up the possibility that Woodward's family could conceivably come up with the money. Residents of his neighborhood are pleading to keep SW off the streets.

I realize this will be an unpopular opinion but this makes me very uncomfortable. Bail is a constitutional right under most circumstances, it isn't something that gets to be decided by the mob as it were. IMHO, these people who claim to be "afraid" are being hysterics, acting like SW is going to lose his mind and gun down the entire neighborhood. It's perverse and reeks of attention seeking behavior. This is my opinion, I'm not looking for an argument. We have a system of justice for a reason and far too many people have been unjustly punished just to appease the mob or to win votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly