Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize this will be an unpopular opinion but this makes me very uncomfortable. Bail is a constitutional right under most circumstances, it isn't something that gets to be decided by the mob as it were. IMHO, these people who claim to be "afraid" are being hysterics, acting like SW is going to lose his mind and gun down the entire neighborhood. It's perverse and reeks of attention seeking behavior. This is my opinion, I'm not looking for an argument. We have a system of justice for a reason and far too many people have been unjustly punished just to appease the mob or to win votes.

Your point is well taken. As per Gussified's post, there are likely special options, such as a certain level of monitoring, that can be added in the event that he is released on bail.

I am assuming that Murder-Special Circumstances applies to a hate crime. If the DA goes that route, one anticipates that he/she has their reasons, and we might get some much needed details about the murder.

I really hope that the press conference clears a few things up. Some of the theories are a bit out of hand.

I realize this will be an unpopular opinion but this makes me very uncomfortable. Bail is a constitutional right under most circumstances, it isn't something that gets to be decided by the mob as it were. IMHO, these people who claim to be "afraid" are being hysterics, acting like SW is going to lose his mind and gun down the entire neighborhood. It's perverse and reeks of attention seeking behavior. This is my opinion, I'm not looking for an argument. We have a system of justice for a reason and far too many people have been unjustly punished just to appease the mob or to win votes.
If LE has evidence that SW did commit this murder by the over 20 stab wounds described, then this particular "mob" should rightfully be afraid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I hope the COD will be revealed today, Wednesday, at the hearing (9am Pacific). This sounds like a valid point regarding the blood. If correct, and the body was indeed stabbed 21 times post mortem, then we have an interesting psychological aspect to the murder.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure where the ~20 stab wounds were first reported, but we have been operating on the concept of rather extreme violence (such as multiple stabbings).

You can thank the sleazy O.C. Register for that.

I would be mostly concerned about the former classmates who have spoken out against SW, especially the 2 girls mentioned in the OSR article. If he does get out on bail, I hope he either has an ankle bracelet or 24-hour surveillance. He may think he has nothing to lose at this point.

I must have missed that article. Which two girls? What did they say? TIA

My doubts about the viability of our shared explanation is that logically it doesn't make sense -- remaining at the crime scene a second longer than one needs to increases one's chances of getting caught by someone and I doubt that the killer knew enough about how the body works to understand that the splatter and spurting would be incredibly minimal or non existent. That being said, there's no logic in the act of killing...

Right. LOGICALLY it doesn't make sense. Was SW thinking logically? I doubt it. I think SW either was smart enough to understand the workings of the human body or finished Blaze off by stabbing him at such a point in time when his heart had stopped beating.

To those of you that disagree with the theories that have been discussed, what is your theory?

I don't see it as making this political. The people they interviewed are giving examples of things he said or did that explains what they mean by the broader descriptions they use (quiet, direct, rubbing people the wrong way).

I would expect, if I was a murder victim (or a perp), that my personality traits might be discussed, and reference made to my political leanings and religion because they are all tied together. Except for people who do not identify strongly with any politics or religion, things like this are important in painting the larger picture of someone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And, as we know from his SM (now scrubbed) that his views went beyond what are being recalled here in this article. This isn't just a matter of SW being "conservative." HIs character and values are a huge part of the story, and it would be disingenuous to ignore them.

I must have missed that article. Which two girls? What did they say? TIA

http://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/1...ed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/

“Sheriff’s investigators were led to Woodward by entries in Bernstein’s social media accounts. In text conversations made in June, according to the affidavit, Bernstein told two female friends about his interaction with Woodward.

In one conversation, Bernstein wrote that Woodward was about to “hit on me” and “he made me promise not to tell anyone … but I have texted every one, uh oh.””

To those of you that disagree with the theories that have been discussed, what is your theory?

I don't have a theory... there really isn't enough out there for me to come up with something that would be even remotely true.

Your point is well taken. As per Gussified's post, there are likely special options, such as a certain level of monitoring, that can be added in the event that he is released on bail.

I am assuming that Murder-Special Circumstances applies to a hate crime. If the DA goes that route, one anticipates that he/she has their reasons, and we might get some much needed details about the murder.
Based on just the evidence we are aware of, if the forensics are solid a jury will have no problem convicting for murder, however no jury is ever going to affirm a hate crime charge in a case that the victim knowingly and purposefully outed his killer. If the DA goes this route, any component defense attorney will dig through the victim's digital footprint (which we know LE already has) and use it to negate the hate crime charge. The very uncomfortable reality is that if Woodward killed himself in response to the victim "outing" him, the public would be outraged and demand the person who outed him be held accountable. The only thing charging this as a hate crime will do is result in tarnishing the victim's character/memory and creating sympathy for a killer who deserves none. A hate crime charge would be very foolish road for the prosecution to take.

You have to dip into Reddit for that, and due to the hearsay nature of that application, linking those sources is not allowed here. I came across the info by googling the perp's name and 'OCSA'.

Well, thanks for answering for me, but no, I was referring to a MSM article in which two girls were referenced in regard to text messages between them and BB, talking about SW.

eta: Though, I am also concerned about any former classmates mentioned or speaking out on Reddit. If he gets out on bail, he will no doubt have access to reddit.

Personally, I'd like to hear from SW's parents.

Local ch 4 news. She’s just asked for privacy for their family as well as the Bernstein family. Arraignment tomorrow. No new info stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local ch 4 news. She’s just asked for privacy for their family as well as the Bernstein family. Arraignment tomorrow. No new info stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the arraignment was today. Has it been postponed? Is there still a press conference today?

I don't have a theory... there really isn't enough out there for me to come up with something that would be even remotely true.

I don't see how one can discount a theory when one doesn't have one, but to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602