Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this time, is there any word on SW's legal counsel? Does he have one? Would he have to have such representation at any pending formalities, such as the arraignment this afternoon?

I would be shocked if he didn't have counsel at the arraignment.

For those who want to access the case directly on the court site just go to the court site. This is how I was able to see the charges before the press conference this morning.

My earlier link didn't work for others because you have to start at the general page and accept the terms of service.

https://ocapps.occourts.org/Vision_PublicNS/

Accept the terms and search SW case #:

18HF0073

It was said in the PC. They were not friends in high school.

I agree with stlrfninca that for the DA to say that he doesn't have evidence that BB and SW were friends in high school does not mean that they weren't friends in high school.

Samuel Woodward Arraignment - no attorney listed for him, not even a public defender on the court site.

01/17/18 01:30 PM C5 Woodward, Samuel Lincoln Case #18HF0073 Arraignment

Thank you! This is exactly the detail I was looking for and is in line with what I was presuming.

I'm not sure if this will be televised (doubt it), but perhaps @Gitana will be there in person and can report back to us :)

Can LE access older snaps on snapchat? I have seen mixed reports on this, and on the official snapchat website it seems to indicate snap messages are in fact deleted from their servers so cant be accessed. Does anyone know for certain?

I want to know this too.

Thank you! This is exactly the detail I was looking for and is in line with what I was presuming.

I'm not sure if this will be televised (doubt it), but perhaps @Gitana will be there in person and can report back to us :)

I can probably go.

I agree with stlrfninca that for the DA to say that he doesn't have evidence that BB and SW were friends in high school does not mean that they weren't friends in high school.

Yup. That's exactly what the answer should be.

I took this to mean not that they were not friends, but that the DA/LE didn't have specific evidence to that effect that he could share with the public today.

I think there's ample evidence on social media that they were friends or at the least acquaintances, but LE is still combing through all of this evidence and much more.

The DA still has to be very careful what he says publicly as this is an ongoing investigation.

I took him to say they have no evidence their were friends in high school and that seems like it would be easy to determine.

Has any students from their high school spoken to the press about them being friends in high school? If so I havent seen it. In fact the articles I have read about HS students commenting I had already noticed there was no mention of them being friends at all.

IMO

I don't understand all of his focus on the word '******.' SW was quoted as saying he 'WANTED to call BB a ******..' He did not say he called him one.

Is it a hate crime to WANT to call someone a bad name? I think we are really stretching at this point. JMO

It feels like this was a personal issue between these two. Not an ideological, political, conflict. JMO
I haven't said or implied in this thread yet that I believe it was a hate crime because I don't know yet. This is the second time someone has replied to me as if I am beating the hate crime drum when I have not. I couldn't. Because I'm not there yet. But I also don't believe we have enough information yet to say definitively that it was not.

This reply was centered around accuracy of the meaning of language used. It is through analyzing things like this that we can eventually determine, when all of the pieces fit, whether or not it qualifies as one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Samuel Woodward Arraignment - no attorney listed for him, not even a public defender on the court site.

01/17/18 01:30 PM C5 Woodward, Samuel Lincoln Case #18HF0073 Arraignment

Thank you. Sometimes the docket isn't updated right away, so he may actually have an attorney. We'll find out soon....

In 2016, two people I cared about very much were murdered because they were gay, in addition to 47 others. It was the most DEMEANING thing to our community for the media --- with no evidence whatsoever -- to imply that the murderer was gay himself... yet, that's what everyone here is doing. You should be ashamed.

Omar Mateen was not gay. He committed a hate crime against gay people which was wrongly portrayed. Bernstein's parents believe this was a hate crime against their son. Is that outside the realm of possibility or is this just another case of gay-on-gay killing???

One of my gay friends was also murdered -- he was an English professor at a Junior College & two guys were seen offering him a ride. Then he didn't show up at school the next day or the next, etc., and his body was found beaten horribly. His killer(s) was/were never found. A great, talented & generous guy, killed in his early 30's. This was about 20 years ago. Still an unsolved murder in a small town. SMH.

Will the arraignment be made public?

Is it likely that SW parents will post 7 or 8% of the 2million bail set?

In CA a charge of Heinous and cruel should suffice for Special Circumstance charge, for the life of me I do not understand why there is foot dragging on this.

The main reason I don't think this was a planned murder is the way SW responded afterwards. IMO, if it was a planned murder, he would have thought to leave the body in that vast wilderness, had an alibi, not placed himself at the scene of the crime, not lied about a girlfriend, not lied about an address, thrown away that sleeping bag and any other evidence, been prepared to deal with the body rather than apparently coming back at 4 am. The narrative has too many loose ends. If someone had been thinking about murder since the fall, he should have had a better plan.

I would agree except I have seen several younger murderers who make many mistakes not understanding the reality of what killing someone will be like.

I feel like he did go there planning on killing Blaze. He certainly had that knife handy.

Yup. That's exactly what the answer should be.

It would be the correct answer. Imo, that would be so easy to verify and the DA would already know by now if they had been friends or not.

That is why I feel we are not getting the full picture here. Has anyone publicly said to the press that Blaze and SW were friends in HS? They just don't look like the type that would be friends with each other. but that's JMO. So I am inclined to believe whatever happened started recently after both of their high school days and had nothing to do with them being friends in high school or not being friends.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member