Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Blaze was buried after the fact...how much later is is question. Since part of the charge and scope is him returning to the park at a later date, and still; we have this issue of reporters saying a parked Car. Was the Cadillac SW's mothers car does anyone know? That vehicle was in question for days. It IS The Only parked car we are aware of.

Not normal but for a guy who was kissed by a known gay man against his will and said to be gay by the same man--Could be normal. Context. I mean is that perfectly ok in the gay community...but do not call them names? Really

There is no evidence to date that this happened.

Just as social media posts, pictures etcetera can be nothing more than trolling for a reaction and not necessarily reflect the beliefs of the individual who posted them. Trolls post for a reaction as sport. Definitely a cautionary tale to consider in anyone's own posting.
I read park 5 minute drive time 15 or twenty walking?

Quotes are not working gee whiz!

For those who want to access the case directly on the court site just go to the court site. This is how I was able to see the charges before the press conference this morning.

My earlier link didn't work for others because you have to start at the general page and accept the terms of service.

https://ocapps.occourts.org/Vision_PublicNS/

Accept the terms and search SW case #:

18HF0073

Yes, and when checking Sam’s name, there is no listing for an attorney for him like there is for other defendants. Maybe he will be assigned a public defender at the Arraignment.

If anyone here feels like there is an inappropriate post or off-topic post please alert on that post.

Do not complain about it in this thread.

This is a discussion about Blaze and not about what you think about other posts.

If anyone decides to go off topic we will be issuing timeouts from this point forward.

Thank you,
Tricia

(pulls out hair, screams for Trish: quotes have become sentient beings or smthn!)
!?

I think Blaze was buried after the fact...how much later is is question. Since part of the charge and scope is him returning to the park at a later date, and still; we have this issue of reporters saying a parked Car. Was the Cadillac SW's mothers car does anyone know? That vehicle was in question for days. It IS The Only parked car we are aware of.

I think SW mom has a Mercedes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if I leave the OCSD facebook page up, the live bail hearing will just start? Or am I expected to click?

Well that won’t be difficult to meet if the facts are his parents are wealthy?

There's not a chance this guy will be allowed to bail out. Either it will be way to high for his family or he won't be given bail at all, IMO.

And SW could have once again lied.

So he was big and bad enough to murder and stab Blaze over 20 times but he supposedly suppressed the offensive word he wanted to call him? Nope,I don't believe that for one second.

I imagine he called him many horrible disparaging names as he was stabbing him to death.

IMO

Oh my God. That's a horrible vision and I think you're right.

Not normal but for a guy who was kissed by a known gay man against his will and said to be gay by the same man--Could be normal. Context. I mean is that perfectly ok in the gay community...but do not call them names? Really

That's not "perfectly ok in the gay community." Really. It is not okay ever.

Anyone know how far the nearest parking lot is from where Blaze may have been found? I realize we don't know the exact site, but given your best guesses....

I think the nearest parking lot is one belonging to the elementary school. It's on the other side of the fence from the corner of the park where he was found -- I think to get to the park from the lot you go up a ramp and down a slope.

For a while I've wondered that if SW killed BB in the car, whether he might've carrie'd BB's body (or dragged it in the large plastic tub) up that ramp and into the corner of the park to bury him. That might explain the lack of a scent trail or blood in much of the park.

There may be some problems with that theory, however. (1) Not sure the elementary school parking lot is open at night. (2) If he had BB's body in the car, why not turn off his phone and drive to a more remote location? Why bury it in a small public park? (3) I've heard that there's a camera on the elementary school pointing in the general direction of that corner of the park -- not a tempting place to drag and bury a body.

Just my opinion.

Well at this point It was reported that there was a parked car that is part of this investigation. I felt this meant not SWs rental car...
We, or I could use some clarity here from LE; their conferences only lead to more speculation!

The DA just stated live it is LIKELY he will get bail.
I freaked. And not because of family's w children in the area. I freaked because 20 stab wounds is Over Kill and should qualify as Cruel and unusual. IMO!

Thanks for this... so basically LE will be able to see logs of when every chat was sent but not the content of the messages if both users have already opened the chat messages. Darn!

ETA: This seems like a huge post 9/11 security risk...

But there is also this possibility:

"That said, there are still two potential avenues authorities can use through Snapchat to obtain the information they are looking for. First is through Snapchat’s “Chat” function. Similar to text messages, users can send text-based messages to one another, and these records don’t disappear. Any information found in these conversations can be used in the court of law."

https://aacriminallaw.com/the-legal-side-of-snapchat/

Does anyone know if I leave the OCSD facebook page up, the live bail hearing will just start? Or am I expected to click?

I don't know whether or not they will be streaming the bail hearing. Does anyone else know?

But I'm sure it will be reported on.

Anyone know how far the nearest parking lot is from where Blaze may have been found? I realize we don't know the exact site, but given your best guesses....
Hobby Lobby, where LE was called for a disturbance in the hour that BB was there w SW.

The DA just stated live it is LIKELY he will get bail.
I freaked. And not because of family's w children in the area. I freaked because 20 stab wounds is Over Kill and should qualify as Cruel and unusual. IMO!

I believe the legal standard for no bail is 'special circumstances'. The DA indicated they did not yet have enough evidence to qualify for special circumstances but they were still gathering evidence and reserved the right to amend the complaint at a future date.

This why he said bail is likely. He also indicated he will be asking for higher than the $1M standard for murder.

Is the Arraignment going to be streamed today?

As to LE's ability to retrieve historical SnapChat content ... it seems that it is fairly limited

c. Content

In certain limited circumstances it may be possible for us to retrievethe content of sent Snaps. The reason we often will not be able toretrieve Snap content is that we delete each Snap from our serversonce all recipients have viewed it. And even when a Snap remainsunopened, it will be deleted 30 days after it was sent.Story content may be available for up to 24 hours, or until deletedby a user.Chat content will be available only if the sender or recipientchooses to save the Chat, or if the Chat is unopened. Even when aChat remains unopened, it will be deleted 30 days after it was sent.Memories content may be available until deleted by a user.

Well at this point It was reported that there was a parked car that is part of this investigation. I felt this meant not SWs rental car...
We, or I could use some clarity here from LE; their conferences only lead to more speculation!

Can you link to the report linking the parked car to the investigation? I think I missed that amidst all the PC excitement this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler