Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the legal standard for no bail is 'special circumstances'. The DA indicated they did not yet have enough evidence to qualify for special circumstances but they were still gathering evidence and reserved the right to amend the complaint at a future date.

This why he said bail is likely. He also indicated he will be asking for higher than the $1M standard for murder.

Is something like 'house arrest' a possible outcome, even if bail is posted?

Returning to the park days later could be why the dogs never hit.
Oh yes I'm thinking about it.
It's fair to say it is likely he buried Blaze at a later date AFTER the major searches, or between them.

It's fair to say it is likely he buried Blaze at a later date AFTER the major searches, or between them.

IIRC, the sheriff was asked this during the press conference when they found the body, and he said that they believed the body had been there in the park the entire time the searches were going on.

This doesn't clarify completely, however, whether or not the murder took place in the park, the car, or elsewhere.

I just still cannot imagine SW taking the body back to the very park that was the focus of the investigation. He’s not the brightest bulb, but how stupid could he be? Surely there’s a better place to bury the body.

Hobby Lobby, where LE was called for a disturbance in the hour that BB was there w SW.

Was the disturbance in the same hour? I had kind of dismissed it because I thought the disturbance was listed at around 2 and 3 am....which was way after the time they were reportedly there.

Is that incorrect?

I'm sure this is way premature, but I have to wonder if the defense will eventually try to change venue for the trial due to the intense media coverage.

Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckus told reporters Wednesday that investigators are looking for evidence that would support making the legal case a hate crime.

http://6abc.com/suspect-charged-with-murder-in-penn-students-killing/2958258/

I want to add another possibility: That SW erased his social media accounts. Why has there not been any mention by the DA of his PC, laptop and all devices being forensically examined? I have a problem w this.
I think the search warrant details should be released to the public as they are w most cases.
They are usually gagged in cases of minors. Sealing documents and failing to allow the sun to shine on them is a problem. I expect better of the OCSD, maybe that IS the problem as it isn't the Police City PD.
I have not heard a bonafied reason for sealing documents in this case.

I'd like to get a perspective on where Blaze's body was found in relation to where SW's car was parked. Does anyone have any info on that?

But LE has already said they were keeping a close eye on SW from the start. I highly doubt that he was able to secretly grab a corpse and bury it during that time. Especially back at the exact place that LE had set up search headquarters already.

IIRC, the sheriff was asked this during the press conference when they found the body, and he said that they believed the body had been there in the park the entire time the searches were going on.

This doesn't clarify completely, however, whether or not the murder took place in the park, the car, or elsewhere.

He did not say that. He said the recent rain help to find the body. He did say they believed that Bernstein was murdered on the night he went missing.

I'd like to get a perspective on where Blaze's body was found in relation to where SW's car was parked. Does anyone have any info on that?

I've seen no indication of where SW's car was parked. Do you mean at Hobby Lobby? That's pretty far away, on the other side of Portola Highway. Do you mean where he might've parked if he drove into Borrego Park? Not as far but I still think a long way to drag/carry a body.

It might be pretty close to that side of the elementary school parking lot, but we don't know whether he could've parked in there. The gate may be closed after dark though it might be possible to drive around it -- not sure. JMO

But LE has already said they were keeping a close eye on SW from the start. I highly doubt that he was able to secretly grab a corpse and bury it during that time. Especially back at the exact place that LE had set up search headquarters already.

Not from the start, after the second interview at the station.

He did not say that. He said the recent rain help to find the body. He did say they believed that Bernstein was murdered on the night he went missing.

No, I agree with stlrfninca. In a previous PC (not the one today), the OCSD spokesperson said they thought the body had been there since the night of his disappearance.

I’ll go back and try to find the PC, if you like, but MSM seems to just keep updating their articles, replacing the content, so it’s not always easy to find.

II'm pretty sure that in one of the earlier press conferences the Sheriff's Dept. said they thought BB's body was in the park the whole time.

I figured out where the body was located based on photos that were posted with an article the day after they found the body. I was able to figure it out using landmarks in the pictures and google maps.

This is technically speculation on my part, but I’ll post it anyway and if it needs to be removed the admins can remove it. I’m pretty confident this is the correct approximate location (the red marker). The parking lot for the park is on the lower right, below the name of the park on the map. The picnic tables and basketball court were very clearly pictured in the background with the burial site.

b6194c1a5f8eb2516eacd446dc8ed92d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members