Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who want to access the case directly on the court site just go to the court site. This is how I was able to see the charges before the press conference this morning.

My earlier link didn't work for others because you have to start at the general page and accept the terms of service.

https://ocapps.occourts.org/Vision_PublicNS/

Accept the terms and search SW case #:

18HF0073

I looked the case up and it shows the "Hearing Status" as Cancel. Was the arraignment hearing canceled?

Nevermind. It now shows the hearing as being scheduled for 1:30.

I want to add another possibility: That SW erased his social media accounts. Why has there not been any mention by the DA of his PC, laptop and all devices being forensically examined? I have a problem w this.
I think the search warrant details should be released to the public as they are w most cases.
They are usually gagged in cases of minors. Sealing documents and failing to allow the sun to shine on them is a problem. I expect better of the OCSD, maybe that IS the problem as it isn't the Police City PD.
I have not heard a bonafied reason for sealing documents in this case.

I guess I assumed that he did erase his SM, but that doesn't mean it's gone. There are "associates" of his whose SM also was first cleaned up, and then removed. I assumed the clean up was done by the SM owner, and then the removal possibly on the part of LE. I'd be shocked if LE weren't ALL OVER his SM.

I figured out where the body was located based on photos that were posted with an article the day after they found the body. I was able to figure it out using landmarks in the pictures and google maps.

This is technically speculation on my part, but I’ll post it anyway and if it needs to be removed the admins can remove it. I’m pretty confident this is the correct approximate location. The parking lot for the park is on the lower right, below the name of the park on the map.

cache.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I've seen no indication of where SW's car was parked. Do you mean at Hobby Lobby? That's pretty far away, on the other side of Portola Highway. Do you mean where he might've parked if he drove into Borrego Park? Not as far but I still think a long way to drag/carry a body.

It might be pretty close to that side of the elementary school parking lot, but we don't know whether he could've parked in there. The gate may be closed after dark though it might be possible to drive around it -- not sure. JMO

I meant where he might have parked if he drove to the park, but I guess that answer is unknown. Thanks.

No, I agree with stlrfninca. In a previous PC (not the one today), the OCSD spokesperson said they thought the body had been there since the night of his disappearance.

I’ll go back and try to find the PC, if you like, but MSM seems to just keep updating their articles, replacing the content, so it’s not always easy to find.

I found my original post from the day of the press conference which confirms my recollection

Sheriff in the press conference indicated they believe he had been in the park since the murder and therefore the body wasn't moved (not 100% clear if it could have been moved within the park, but I suspect everything went down in that secluded location where it was found)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...e-Forest-2-Jan-2018-4&p=13861624#post13861624

I figured out where the body was located based on photos that were posted with an article the day after they found the body. I was able to figure it out using landmarks in the pictures and google maps.

This is technically speculation on my part, but I’ll post it anyway and if it needs to be removed the admins can remove it. I’m pretty confident this is the correct approximate location. The parking lot for the park is on the lower right, below the name of the park on the map.

cache.php

\\

Yes. Note that the elementary school parking lot is the closest to that location, though again, don't know whether (assuming he'd already killed BB in the car) SW could have driven in there, nor why he would have done so rather than taking the body to some more obscure location.

If he killed BB at/near that location in the park, I guess he might've driven to that lot if he felt the need to further conceal the body, clean up the scene, etc. But if BB was already in the park and he was returning to do cleanup, he might've also just parked in the regular park lot and walked across.

[QUOTE="newz";13871695]I'm sure this is way premature, but I have to wonder if the defense will eventually try to change venue for the trial due to the intense media coverage.[/QUOTE]

Most likely they will ask, they should anyway.

Not from the start, after the second interview at the station.

I don't know. He was found out by LE, to be the last person known to have seen the victim. And they found him by looking at the snapchat message giving the home address.

So LE had to have been pretty suspicious from jump. AND the B family was suspicious AND the local kids were suspicious and his own family was probably a bit suspicious. It is hard to believe that SW would have any level of privacy at that time, to retrieve a body and drive it to that park, and dig a shallow grave and bury it. People were already searching that area for BB.

Returning to the park days later could be why the dogs never hit.
Oh yes I'm thinking about it.
It's fair to say it is likely he buried Blaze at a later date AFTER the major searches, or between them.

I’m leaning towards this as well. One wonders if SW made a purchase for something like lime and brought it with him to the park to cover any scent.

I meant where he might have parked if he drove to the park, but I guess that answer is unknown. Thanks.

Yes. In SpaceToasts satellite views of the park posted above, the parks parking lots are near the green tree marker for "Borrego Park." Quite far from the red marker indicating the corner in which we think the body was found.

(pulls out hair, screams for Trish: quotes have become sentient beings or smthn!)
!?

Cherry Pie, I'm so very sorry to hear about your heart issues. Praying for you (if that's okay), and hoping your condition improves. No big deal about any of your quotes or posts!

I looked the case up and it shows the "Hearing Status" as Cancel. Was the arraignment hearing canceled?

Nevermind. It now shows the hearing as being scheduled for 1:30.

Why is the O.C. reporting that Woodward is being held on a 2 million dollar bond if he hasn’t be arraigned yet?

This is technically speculation on my part, but I’ll post it anyway and if it needs to be removed the admins can remove it. I’m pretty confident this is the correct approximate location. The parking lot for the park is on the lower right, below the name of the park on the map. The picnic tables and basketball court were very clearly pictured in the background with the burial site.

b6194c1a5f8eb2516eacd446dc8ed92d.jpg

Thank you for the map. I do agree, the area marked in red was where the body was found. SW could have parked the car in the elementary school parking lot, which is very close to the burial location.

Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckus told reporters Wednesday that investigators are looking for evidence that would support making the legal case a hate crime.

http://6abc.com/suspect-charged-with-murder-in-penn-students-killing/2958258/

I want to add another possibility: That SW erased his social media accounts. Why has there not been any mention by the DA of his PC, laptop and all devices being forensically examined? I have a problem w this.
I think the search warrant details should be released to the public as they are w most cases.
They are usually gagged in cases of minors. Sealing documents and failing to allow the sun to shine on them is a problem. I expect better of the OCSD, maybe that IS the problem as it isn't the Police City PD.
I have not heard a bonafied reason for sealing documents in this case.

I dk! Bail hearing is at 1:30 West coast time so...

TY and huge hugs. I don't want to interfere w this thread, I think I need to start a thread...
xo to all.

I don't know. He was found out by LE, to be the last person known to have seen the victim. And they found him by looking at the snapchat message giving the home address.

So LE had to have been pretty suspicious from jump. AND the B family was suspicious AND the local kids were suspicious and his own family was probably a bit suspicious. It is hard to believe that SW would have any level of privacy at that time, to retrieve a body and drive it to that park, and dig a shallow grave and bury it. People were already searching that area for BB.

And ALL of that could very well be the case, BUT... that is not what was said. What was said and what we DO know is that LE went back to the park, which means they left the park, on Tuesday afternoon.

There are are cameras at the elementary that are facing the parking lot. The parking lot that happens to be right behind the location where the body was buried. Let that just sink in for a minute.

It's literally the headline in the OC Register article from Monday:

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/

But there is also this possibility:

"That said, there are still two potential avenues authorities can use through Snapchat to obtain the information they are looking for. First is through Snapchat’s “Chat” function. Similar to text messages, users can send text-based messages to one another, and these records don’t disappear. Any information found in these conversations can be used in the court of law."

https://aacriminallaw.com/the-legal-side-of-snapchat/

I would think it's also likely that any 'snaps' would remain in the cache of the device used to send and receive them.

I guess I assumed that he did erase his SM, but that doesn't mean it's gone. There are "associates" of his whose SM also was first cleaned up, and then removed. I assumed the clean up was done by the SM owner, and then the removal possibly on the part of LE. I'd be shocked if LE weren't ALL OVER his SM.
Thanks.
I have a question, was SW into circus performing gymnastics and or aerial work? There is an IG account, that came up when I was searching SW profiles. If anyone here knows SW, can you verify it is his Instagram? Thanks. IOW does SW have anything to do w cirquedusoleil or street acrobatics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota