Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quoting my own post since it seems this one is the one RUK has problems with.

My posts are always my personal opinions as noted.

I meant, IMO, any reasonable and logical juror is not going to give a pass to a murder suspect simply because they say the victim may have tried to kiss them or may have said something to others they didn't like. I have been 'hit on', groped, assaulted, and had three attempted rapes during my lifetime. Even at my age now, I have had two sex stalkers on FB yet not one person was harmed by me and certainly not murdered nor will they ever be.

>>>>> respectfully snipped for space <<<<<<

SW can use any defense he wants, but IMOO attacking/repeatedly stabbing, and murdering a victim much smaller than him shows SW had no reason to feel threatened by Blaze at any time or even fear him in the first place. I honestly don't even see a viable defense for this case but that is JMO. Blaze was unarmed. The murderer had a deadly weapon with him and used it to murder. SW outweighed the victim by 50 pounds and was much taller and we certainly know he was much meaner since he murdered Blaze in such a cruel manner. IMO

Agree with all of it, ocean. Also I would add that SW, who dropped out of college after one year (I'd like to know why), and I'm betting that BB excelled at their arts HS, was prolly also motivated by sheer jealousy and revenge for that. Yes, hate crime (but not for the jealousy part). JMO

I am still a little confused about some of this. It says the parents found he had left the house by getting on his social media accounts. But it had been reported that Blaze and SW had communicated with Snapchat. They would n't have been able to read those messages. They might have seen that he had communicated with SW, but not the content. So there must have been some other form of social media being used as well. Its probably irrelevant, but a bit confusing.

I am a little behind, so this may have been answered already.

But if I am remembering correctly, there was one UNOPENED snap chat, left in BB's inbox. So that is why the parents were still able to view it and find SW's identity.

Wait, wait, wait! How do we do that? We do not even know how the contacts were made. SW may not have even known BB that well .

Premeditative murder by stabbing 22 times, seems a little bloody for a Plan, don't you think?

.....and I believe I am a reasonable person, how can one say a person CAN'T murder someone because "they said something they did not like or were kissed" Stated pretty simplistically don't you think?.. People kill for a lot less.

This was not just saying something about the other person, this was spreading a rumor that could have serious ramifications for someone .. Kissing someone who never expected it--well a lot of women would take offense at that, they might even call it sexual harassment when attempted by the opposite sex, let alone the same sex.

Apparently they had limited exposure to each other. All of a sudden you have a premeditative hate crime that SW had planned for how Long--and decided the time was right the night before BB was to go back to Penn?

You may be absolutely right in your statements, but IMO it seems a little early for any of us to tell others" they CAN'T "murder someone unless you are totally "illogical and unreasonable".....................Just Sayin! MOO.

RUK

I read this post as you suggested, and honestly I don't understand a lot of what you are saying. Are you saying murderers are logical and reasonable and if they are kissed without permission its logical and reasonable for the person to murder the other person who kissed them? :confused:

As far as the kissing, yes, it would be sexual harassment if unwanted but are you saying that gives someone the right to kill the one who kissed them? Your Quote: how can one say a person CAN'T murder someone because "they said something they did not like or were kissed"
I have no control over what murderers want to do or do. I have never known one. But I do not think juries will accept an unwanted kiss or words said as a viable murder defense. Are you saying they do have a right to murder? Sorry, I am really trying to understand, but I am having great difficulties.

Blaze supposedly told this to two friends seven months ago. I haven't read anything at all about Sam being in a dangerous situation all of these months. Do you have articles where he was harassed, threatened or was beaten up by anyone?

Are you saying murderers who stab their victims to death can't be premeditated murderers? Many murderers have gone to prison on first degree premeditated charges when they used an up close and personal weapon such as a knife to repeatedly stab their victim/s or bludgeoned them to death in a very gruesome bloody manner. A lot of crime scenes are very bloody and the murders were premeditated. Why do you think a murder cant be premeditated if the suspect used a knife?

I certainly believe no one deserves to be murdered over a kiss or because the victim told two people something the killer didn't like. I have seen nothing that shows me SW was in any danger at anytime in these past months. I am sure if it were true the attorney would have leaked it by now and the media would have been all over it.

I am not sure if you are trying to justify murdering Blaze or what. Maybe I am totally misunderstanding what you posted. I noticed other posters have had the same problem understanding as well.

As far as the contacts. I also said in my post I would like to know how the contacts were made, when, and who initiated it so once again I am puzzled by your post.

So I am going to back out of this discussion since I am failing to understand what exactly you are saying.

Goodnight RUK and everyone!

Justice for Blaze

I read this post as you suggested, and honestly I don't understand a lot of what you are saying. Are you saying murderers are logical and reasonable and if they are kissed without permission its logical and reasonable for the person to murder the other person who kissed them? :confused:

As far as the kissing, yes, it would be sexual harassment if unwanted but are you saying that gives someone the right to kill the one who kissed them? Your Quote: how can one say a person CAN'T murder someone because "they said something they did not like or were kissed"
I have no control over what murderers want to do or do. I have never known one. But I do not think juries will accept an unwanted kiss or words said as a viable murder defense. Are you saying they do have a right to murder? Sorry, I am really trying to understand, but I am having great difficulties.

Blaze supposedly told this to two friends seven months ago. I haven't read anything at all about Sam being in a dangerous situation all of these months. Do you have articles where he was harassed, threatened or was beaten up by anyone?

Are you saying murderers who stab their victims to death can't be premeditated murderers? Many murderers have gone to prison on first degree premeditated charges when they used an up personal and close weapon such as a knife to repeatedly stab their victim/s or bludgeoned them to death in a very gruesome bloody manner. A lot of crime scenes are very bloody and the murders were premeditated. Why do you think a murder cant be premeditated if the suspect used a knife?

I certainly believe no one deserves to be murdered over a kiss or because the victim told two people something the killer didn't like. I have seen nothing that shows me SW was in any danger at anytime in these past months. I am sure if it were true the attorney would have leaked it by now and the media would have been all over it.

I am not sure if you are trying to justify murdering Blaze or what. Maybe I am totally misunderstanding what you posted. I noticed other posters have had the same problem understanding as well.

As far as the contacts. I also said in my post I would like to know how the contacts were made, when, and who initiated it so once again I am puzzled by your post.

So I am going to back out of this discussion since I am failing to understand what exactly you are saying.

Goodnight RUK and everyone!

Justice for Blaze

Im glad im not the only one feeling it was justifying a reason to murder. Yes RIP Blaze, you didnt deserve this.... no matter what

I am not shaming the victim. If you remember, I specifically declined to criticize him and did not even refer to him directly.

In general, however, some victims do perform actions that contribute to them becoming victims. No, this does not change the fact that they are still a victim. But yes, such actions can be used as mitigating circumstances.

Legal definition of mitigating circumstances. Note, I’m making no statement or theory about this case or for/against what anyone’s posted.

Just sharing the definition for context, since I *do* assume it’s an option that will likely be discussed by lawyers, in MSM and on this fine forum. &#10084;&#65039;&&#9996;&#65039;, y’all

Mitigating circumstances:

https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1267

da568c3f8dc448eae9f19c81d7f1b142.jpg

Thanks all for the updates. I have been in Michigan since yesterday up until a few hrs. ago. I think I am caught up. Glad he is still in Jail.

Me too, and until his next court date; what more is there to say?
I don't know about the rest of you, but I cannot get him out of my mind. All that should have been, is lost.
His teacher spoke of SW telling me much of what I needed to know. I haven't read one post online from a 'friend' of SW's. I'm feeling he was a loner, who held grudges; a man filled w hatred for who he really was.
I am still tearing up for Blaze, and his family. I will continue to do good. I'm planting a tree in his memory.

I wonder if the DA mentioning the size difference between Blaze and SW was done for emphasis. In case we go down the road of Blaze being the sexual aggressor and SW trying to fend him off.

bbm
Interesting thought. And heck, no, I wouldn't dare use that defense, but let 'em try. Yep, the DA may have thought of them using a "fend him off" defense, indeed. That would be a desperate argument, and I think it would be judged that way by most jurors. Puny. A case of "is that all they've got," if so, M-1st should be a slam-dunk.

<modsnip>

I was able to get the correct case number, time of arraignment, location for arraignment, and the charges filed the morning of the arraignment and before the press conference announcing charges by simply going to the court website. All of the info was correct and there for anyone to see.

Or worse- was looking for a pretense to commit murder.

The suspect strongly suggests that he is straight and also has a low tolerance of same sex affection. Yet, he apparently accompanied an individual who made no secret of his homosexuality to an isolated area of a park late at night.

But... given the totality of the circumstances, what was the real reason he in the park in the first place?

bbm
I wonder if his "I'm not gay," theme has anything to do with how he thinks his parents regard homosexuality. I've seen that more than once. No mitigation for SW's actions intended in any way -- just a thought.

bbm
I wonder if his "I'm not gay," theme has anything to do with how he thinks his parents regard homosexuality. I've seen that more than once. No mitigation for SW's actions intended in any way -- just a thought.

There are some social media and accounts out there that show he started associating/identifying with groups on social media that are against homosexuality. I truly think he was fighting it for what ever reason. Also not condoning his actions. Just wondering out loud if he was just able to accept it and move on with support if a loss of human life could have been avoided?

I think my interpretation comes from experience with some women I view as similar to her. I saw her as angry. Not concerned. Again, that is TOTALLY normal. If this was my son I would want the media to go away too. I would want everyone to just leave me alone. She has every right to feel that way.

*I* would be extremely upset at her speaking for me if I were the victim's parents. I do not get the impression that the parents are friends with each other. So for her to take it upon herself to ask for privacy for them, seems out of line to me.

It would be different had this been childhood best friends, who's parents were also friends. If they were close I would be able to understand it more. However, it's very clear to me that this was an attempt to shut down the media. Under the guise of concern for the Bernstein's, when the real motivation is protecting your own family.

Totally and completely understandable. Just rubs me the wrong way in contrast to what the Bernstein's are doing. Perhaps they appreciate the gesture and it's not a big deal. I just know that I would be upset, so that's why I didn't think it was appropriate.

I do love that you don't see her negatively Jazz. I wish I wasn't so jaded sometimes. :thinking:

Between the recent search warrant leaks that tried to portray BB as the malicious sexual aggressor/outer of SW, the interview of the defense attorney revealing Eagle Scout status along with the newspaper quoting the priest about SW/stacking the court audience, and all of this re is carrying a pocket knife using a premeditated weapon, Im starting to get a really really bad feeling about how this trial might end up becoming a hashing out of the clash of the culture wars/ politicized lgbt rights vs others values /seconds amendment defense strategy...

I don't like it one bit. Gay Panic defense is illegal but amazingly they have already introduced it to the public in this particular case...

This defense attorney knows exactly what he is doing and I for one am certain he instructed Mrs. Woodward to go out and make that statement to the press using Mrs. Bernstein's name to try and build rapport for SW and his family..."isn't that kind of them to be considerate of the Bernstein's too..." type of thing.

( BBM&#8203; )

Thanks MsFacetious, you explained your thoughts well. You're viewing her actions from an angle that I am not. I still don't agree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Catonahottineroof, you believe their attorney is behind all of it, and is pushing an agenda.

I can't see the deviousness on SW's parents' part that would have to exist for them to participate. I think their spirit is too broken.

After all, they were not caught embezzling large sums of money. They were not involved in a lucrative, illegal pyramid scheme. Those actions require deviousness.

They are the parents of a suspected killer.

Think about it for a few moments. What if it was your child? In light of the horrible crime, how would you feel?

We all want to believe it could never happen to us. But wonder if they thought that too?

MsFacetious, you talk about jaded. Actually I am jaded. Jaded and tired of society blaming everyone else for the behavior of another. ( Not meaning your words, but society in general. )

In my many years as a Psychiatric Nurse, I've seen so many wonderful parents who did everything right, yet their children turned out with dangerous character disorders.

There's no fool-proof prevention. No guarantees it won't happen to someone we love.

The person responsible for Blaze's murder should be the one held accountable for his actions.

I've stated my views enough, and need to let this go now.

I will continue to be right here though, cheering Blaze's family on as they strive for justice for him.

Blaze would be so proud of the courage and grace shown by his parents...

JMO

( BBM&#8203; )

snipped
MsFacetious, you talk about jaded. Actually I am jaded. Jaded and tired of society blaming everyone else for the behavior of another.

In my many years as a Psychiatric Nurse, I've seen so many wonderful parents who did everything right, yet their children turned out with dangerous character disorders.

There's no fool-proof prevention. No guarantees it won't happen to someone we love.

The person responsible for Blaze's murder should be the one held accountable for his actions.

JMO

I agree. The parents cannot live his life for him. If you do the crime, you do the time.

I found this quite interesting:

“Sometimes emotional/instinctual energies that we possess are so heavily repressed that they are pushed into our subconscious and no longer acknowledged in our conscious minds. This doesn't make the energies just disappear, but they are still unconsciously expressed in unhealthy ways and usually projected onto others. When someone has heavily repressed feelings, they usually respond to someone who freely expresses the same feelings with a strong emotionally charged reaction of fear and resentment. This is because the rejected emotions are stimulated by a feeling of resonance with the person who is freely expressing them. As a result, the person tries to remove the stimulus at all costs to prevent the emotions from surfacing any further. Acknowledging these emotions threatens the persons entire concept of self. The more restrictive they are towards this part of themselves, the more it surfaces as projection and hostility. Additionally, ignoring urges makes them surface as compulsive behavior.”

Excerpt from book: https://books.google.com/books/about/Eastern_Body_Western_Mind.html?id=njJ_y0mLHdAC

There are some social media and accounts out there that show he started associating/identifying with groups on social media that are against homosexuality. I truly think he was fighting it for what ever reason. Also not condoning his actions. Just wondering out loud if he was just able to accept it and move on with support if a loss of human life could have been avoided?

Are these social media accounts that are still online?
Because those are fake. All of his social media was scrubbed before his arrest.
I want to make sure we aren't assigning credit to Sam for someone else's online persona. :twocents:

Are these social media accounts that are still online?
Because those are fake. All of his social media was scrubbed before his arrest.
I want to make sure we aren't assigning credit to Sam for someone else's online persona. :twocents:

I viewed some social media accounts a few days ago that are not the popular facebook, twitter, snapchat. In fact I'd never heard of it until I stumbled on some reddit threads discussing this case. I viewed them myself and it's def him.

Edit: I believe TOS prevent me from posting but just google Blaze and reddit and you should stumble onto a reddit thread that takes you to archives of these videos and postings.

bbm
Interesting thought. And heck, no, I wouldn't dare use that defense, but let 'em try. Yep, the DA may have thought of them using a "fend him off" defense, indeed. That would be a desperate argument, and I think it would be judged that way by most jurors. Puny. A case of "is that all they've got," if so, M-1st should be a slam-dunk.
SW has already been caught outright lying in his statements to LE. This sounds like just one more self serving statement. SW was known to be an aggressive person while BB has been characterized as shy. If SW wasn't looking for a sexual encounter, then why does he drive from Newport Beach to Foothill Ranch with a sleeping bag to pick up BB and take him to park in a secluded area? It seems much more likely to me that BB must have resisted advances from SW which lead to his rage.

I viewed some social media accounts a few days ago that are not the popular facebook, twitter, snapchat. In fact I'd never heard of it until I stumbled on some reddit threads discussing this case. I viewed them myself and it's def him.

What I am saying is that people are creating fake profiles portraying them as Sam.
Using pictures they took from his now deleted social media.
It certainly is possible that the Woodwards missed some accounts in the purge.
However, some (ifunny for example) popped up AFTER Sam was arrested.
Just want everyone to keep in mind that at this point we have no real way to prove if an account is legit or not.
It seems odd that there would be any incriminating ones left up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper