Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure it's a playground? If it's a paved playground, could SW have driven across it?? I've heard that parents and kids cut across there and cut through a gap in the fence to the park. Maybe a local can weigh in on these questions.

The playground looks like a basketball court, IMO.

ECE5CC2C-3229-428E-8CCE-FECAB405D9E9.jpeg

Edited to add photo.

He did not say that. He said the recent rain help to find the body. He did say they believed that Bernstein was murdered on the night he went missing.

I actully recall LE staying, in the beginning of the investigation, that believe the body had been there there the whole time and had not been moved there.

Thank you for the map. I do agree, the area marked in red was where the body was found. SW could have parked the car in the elementary school parking lot, which is very close to the burial location.

Not a fact but it appears there is a fence/wall between school & park property.

I’m leaning towards this as well. One wonders if SW made a purchase for something like lime and brought it with him to the park to cover any scent.
In the Sherin Mathews case, she was also not found until the second search, after the rains brought the scent up.

In Blaze's case, we don't know when actual cadaver dogs were employed. They could have been using standard search and rescue dogs initially, who are not trained to find the dead.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cache.php
The playground looks like a basketball court, IMO.

attachment.php

Edited to add photo.

As far as I can tell using a reverse image search, the photo is of a basketball (or similar) court at Borrego Park, with balloons in memory of Blaze on a picnic table.
https://www.ocregister.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/0111_nws_ocr-l-blazebody-1227.jpg?w=620

On the other hand, you're right that in close-up satellite views, it's clear that the paved area at the elementary school is a concrete playground with several basketball courts on it.

A long paved path leads from a corner of the elementary school concrete playground (near what looks like an actual sand play area) up toward Borrego Park. That must be what people have been speculating about. Not sure how close to that SW could've parked and whether it's closer than if he had parked in Borrego Park itself.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 12.25.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 12.25.27 PM.png
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 88
That is the EXACT area I’m referencing. Thought it was a parking lot, but there are cameras covering that area.
When BB was found, a news reporter stated she spoke with the school principal and he told her that he had surveillance footage of that area and handed it over to LE he had surveillance footage of that area LE. I previously posted this on the day he was found.

Are we sure it's a playground? If it's a paved playground, could SW have driven across it?? I've heard that parents and kids cut across there and cut through a gap in the fence to the park. Maybe a local can weigh in on these questions.

Though I do not have intimate knowledge of that school or the park it would not be unheard of to have an access to drive onto the playground (our local elementary school does) or for the park to have access to drive up onto the field adjacent to where we believe BB's body may have been buried. Maybe someone with knowledge of that park/school can confirm?

I want to add another possibility: That SW erased his social media accounts. Why has there not been any mention by the DA of his PC, laptop and all devices being forensically examined? I have a problem w this.
I think the search warrant details should be released to the public as they are w most cases.
They are usually gagged in cases of minors. Sealing documents and failing to allow the sun to shine on them is a problem. I expect better of the OCSD, maybe that IS the problem as it isn't the Police City PD.
I have not heard a bonafied reason for sealing documents in this case.

Does CA have the Sunshine Law like Florida? tia

The reason I asked is I have seen other CA cases where the documents were sealed especially in an ongoing investigation.

I am trying to think of another CA case at the moment were all documents were open to the public this soon after an arrest and I am drawing a blank.

Do you know of some, Cherry?

I've heard that there's a gap in the fence. In the satellite view, you can see the gray path heading diagonally toward the park (downwards on the picture but I think uphill in the world) from the light-colored play area at the top of the picture. In the center is the concrete schoolyard with some sort of courts on it. I've never been there and hope a local weighs in on this at some point.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 12.25.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 12.25.27 PM.png
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 49

I thought there was a post here right after his body was found from someone who stated school children walk along the sidewalk adjacent to where the storm drain is as an access to and from school? if so, there would be an opening in the fence/wall, right?

Early on it was reported that the school surveillance was given to LE, and if I am remembering correctly it stated it was helpful to the case. Don’t recall if it was helpful for area logistics, or direct evidence.

I've heard that there's a gap in the fence. In the satellite view, you can see the gray path heading diagonally toward the park (downwards on the picture but I think uphill in the world) from the light-colored play area at the top of the picture. In the center is the concrete schoolyard with some sort of courts on it. I've never been there and hope a local weighs in on this at some point.

Here’s another photo of the area.

0BE26798-ACE2-4751-A587-12660B164FEB.jpg

Early on it was reported that the school surveillance was given to LE, and if I am remembering correctly it stated it was helpful to the case. Don’t recall if it was helpful for area logistics, or direct evidence.
Yes a reporter had spoke with school principal off camera and stated it was turned over to LE and that is what brought them back to the spot where BB was finally located.

There is no evidence to date that this happened.

Per OC Register reporter affidavit information.

BB text messages "wanting to have sex with SW" & another friend saying SW is closeted. SW words to LE that BB kissed SW on the lips.

Both BB & SW could be victims of school gossip from BB's social group. BB tells a friend I have a crush on "SW." Friend SW is straight. BB I know. BB knows crush is not gonna happen.

Years go by. ..friend hears rumor that SW is closeted knows BB had a major crush tells BB. BB excited crush has a chance assumes rumor as truth. SW is not gay, knows BB is gay & assume fact Sam has not stated gay that BB wants a non-sexual guy friendship.

SW & BB both victims of rumors. Rumor spreaders somewhere is some persons that brought BB-SW together to start a "friendship."

Blowup of gray path area.

Click to enlarge.

06A0E40D-6D3D-4DDB-8A47-F47D36D01239.jpg

Therein lies the problem. LE & the DA have a responsibility to preserve the integrity of the investigation. Think about this for a moment.... how livid would the public, and most importantly the Berstein family, be if the leaked information the O.C. Reg. is sensationalizing affects the charges or final outcome of this case in a negative way?

Let that sink in for a moment.

How would it have any bearing on the trial or the case? All of that information is going to be introduced to a jury at trial anyway or in a public PH unless SW waives it. It will be interesting to see if he and his attorneys decide to waive a speedy trial which of course is his constitutional right to waive it or demand a speedy trial.

I am sure the attorneys know how to weed out those who may already have biases. I truly think the jury will go by the evidence entered in a courtroom and set aside anything they have read about the case.

Many cases are high profile nowadays and have leaks to the media about them but it is a different matter imo when jurors swear to uphold the law and go strictly by the evidence heard from the witness stand only.

I think by the time this goes to trial the DA/LE will have an overwhelming amount of evidence amassed against the accused murderer.

I am not worried about Blaze or his family not seeing justice done in this case.

I think most logical and reasonable people already know a person cant murder someone just because they may have said something they didn't like or tried to kiss them.

SW knew without a doubt Blaze was a gay man. He was not forced to pick him up. All he had to do is say no and he wasn't interested and that would have been that. He had a choice and he made that choice.

Imo, the reason he did he had premeditated a plan to murder Blaze all along. That is why he went, and that is why he had a lethal knife in his possession at the time that he used to stab Blaze over 20 times. He had probably fantasized about murdering Blaze for a long time.

I want to know how the contacts were made and when it started and by whom. Did he catfish Blaze into believing he was meeting someone else and SW had the knife when he picked Blaze up and forced him into his vehicle by using a threatening deadly weapon?

SW knew Blaze would be no match for him with him being such a small non-violent passive person. I think SW targeted Blaze for the purpose of killing him all along. He chose Blaze because he saw him as gentle and non-threatening.

I believe before its all over this will become a hate crime and a premeditated one at that. IMO

IMO

These days I would think not having a fully secured school site with one controlled egress point would be highly unlikely. I did see reports from locals posting here that kids frequently jumped the fence at the path to 'cut' down to the shopping vcenter parking lot to be picked up by parents.

Blowup of gray path area.

Click to enlarge.

attachment.php

Familiar with other school-parks in the area. Those schools have chain link fencing with gates. Based on this photo, there is a gate between the school & Baseball field. School does not have a baseball field or grass play ground on "school grounds."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper