Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T: Last Tuesday I got in touch with the Spanish embassy here and asked if someone can come with me to the FBI office in Sofia -no response yet from the embassy, ehm...- I have known since the first week of December that the boyfriend of one of my former Bulgarian colleagues -the administrative assistant of the school where I first worked in this country- is a member of one of these fight clubs.

They are two twins both 20 currently attending university or community college in Louisiana and she showed me on her smartphone a picture of one of the twins -the boyfriend - with a bloodied face and grinning.

I asked if he was passionate about boxing -because of the happy face- and she told me she is very proud of him because he is a gay basher. He organizes bets in whatever city/town in LA he lives in -I couldn't get that info from her- and they pick up a gay man normally on a Saturday night and punch him until he is unrecognizable. He was telling her on a text message that almost two years in the USA and not a single one has dared to report him.

Not feeling great about myself that it has taken me so long to report this -in fact feeling pretty ashamed of myself- but she knows where I live and I am aware of what Bulgarians -the dodgy ones, not the decent ones- are capable of doing so...

Hoping that the embassy will reply -I am phoning them tomorrow morning since they are, I feel, ignoring my email- and if not, I will go on my own to report this.

Wish me luck, fellow posters, please.
I thought these things only happened in the movies.

My god, yurena. I have been on the water for the last couple of days and my internet connection has been periodic, so I am catching up right now.

yurena, you know my familiarity with Sofia and while part of my heart will always be there, even the most special places can become damaged. Which the Balkans has. Damn, I return for the summer this year (not booked anything yet) but I sure wish I was in Sofia right now. I wouldn't let you deal with this alone.

Stay safe, please.

I'm PM-ing you back asap, promise!

Hey!

Catonahottinroof said:
I found out the hearing is tomorrow at 1:30 pacific time

https://ocapps.occourts.org/courtcal...#resultsAnchor

Thank you, I wasn't quite sure what time it did start. And that's another link I can't get into. Is because it's an "app" - I don't know what "apps" are - don't have any "apps" on my laptop.... or am I just too old for this??!! :pcguru:

And that's 11:30pm my time.... Guess I'll have to come back tomorrow and "see" what happened.

Any tweeters out there for this case?

Hey!

Thank you, I wasn't quite sure what time it did start. And that's another link I can't get into. Is because it's an "app" - I don't know what "apps" are - don't have any "apps" on my laptop.... or am I just too old for this??!! :pcguru:

And that's 11:30pm my time.... Guess I'll have to come back tomorrow and "see" what happened.

Any tweeters out there for this case?

Niner, try this link. Case #18HF0073

https://ocapps.occourts.org/CourtIndex/

Twitter - Michele Gile

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSmichelegile?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Press conference with the DA on the case and some proposed new legislation. I bet they know it's so hard to get hate crime motives proven, they probably want to make it more illegal to be part of these groups at all. Just a guess!

Here is what Michelle Gile tweeted, sorry I don't see how to link a tweet.
Update #samwoodward case @OCDATony to hold presser this am about proposed legislation related to case and special circumstances #cbsla @cbsla More CBS2 11am and KCAL9 noon

I see from the press release the conference is at 11:00 PST. Embargoed materials will be there. Only press allowed. Doors open at 10:30. You can watch live on Facebook under OCDAtony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks like they are adding intentional killing someone due to their sexual orientation or gender to the hate crime law in CA from what I just read on the placards - I'm surprised they don't already include this ???

Imwatching the press conference live on CBSLA

Apparently not in the special circumstances murder so they are adding it but it won't pertain to the Woodward case

It looks like they are adding intentional killing someone due to their sexual orientation or gender to the hate crime law in CA from what I just read on the placards - I'm surprised they don't already include this ???

Apparently not in the special circumstances murder so they are adding it but it won't pertain to the Woodward case

I am wondering if they are preparing us for a bail option for SW

They said they are trying to develop evidence for motivation but Michelle Giles asked on books now if religion were one motivation then the death penalty would be on the table and yes it would... also based on the case the judge could order no bail but doesn't have to without the special circumstances charge

Here is what is proposed. Pity it won't apply but it could influence the judge I think.

baded2640bb9eb5bf18a06487495b7c5.jpg

Here is what is proposed. Pity it won't apply but it could influence the judge I think.

baded2640bb9eb5bf18a06487495b7c5.jpg

Thank you for posting. Please continue with any updates, at the moment I have no access.

That pretty much was the gist of the press conference- they didn't release any info about they case. They are still working on trying to develop motive ... it doesn't look like SW will be charged with any hate crime law at this time and they are going to go for No bail.

But it's unclear to me, are hate crime laws the same thing as special circumstances laws? And how could sexual orientation have been left out?

Reporters asked if legislators had left out sexual orientation on purpose- and the senator and DA weren't sure- to their knowledge it's been an oversight and this is the first case they have noticed it. This makes me think special circumstances laws are different than hate crime laws bc surely that couldn't have been the case???

That pretty much was the gist of the press conference- they didn't release any info about they case. They are still working on trying to develop motive ... it doesn't look like SW will be charged with any hate crime law at this time and they are going to go for No bail.

But it's unclear to me, are hate crime laws the same thing as special circumstances laws? And how could sexual orientation have been left out?

Reporters asked if legislators had left out sexual orientation on purpose- and the senator and DA weren't sure- to their knowledge it's been an oversight and this is the first case they have noticed it. This makes me think special circumstances laws are different than hate crime laws bc surely that couldn't have been the case???

Special Circumstances Penal Code 190.2

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=PEN&sectionNum=190.2.

Code 14 and 16 of the Special Circumstance Code “might” apply to this case if there is evidence to support it. IMO

(14) The murder was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity. As used in this section, the phrase “especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity” means a conscienceless or pitiless crime that is unnecessarily torturous to the victim.

(16) The victim was intentionally killed because of his or her race, color, religion, nationality, or country of origin.

Wondering if federal law could apply if a hate crime is suspected and the state requests the federal government assume jurisdiction - Specifically with regard to the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr., Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009.

Snip

Traditionally, FBI investigations of hate crimes were limited to crimes in which the perpetrators acted based on a bias against the victim’s race, color, religion, or national origin. In addition, investigations were restricted to those wherein the victim was engaged in a federally protected activity. With the passage of the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr., Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009, the Bureau became authorized to investigate these crimes without this prohibition. This landmark legislation also expanded the role of the FBI to allow for the investigation of hate crimes committed against those based on biases of actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or gender.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/hate-crime-laws

He pled Not Guilty to murder and enhancement charges they gave him $5million bail and GPS home monitoring.... grrr back to court on 3/02

from Michele Giles facebook
[FONT=&amp]Judge sets bail for Sam Woodward at [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]5 million with conditions[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]GPS survellience[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Can't leave state[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Remain inside home 10:30pm and 5 am[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Surrender passport[/FONT]

Granted bail at 5 million dollars

Unbelievable! They should have asked for more. He has to wear a GPS , surrender his passport, stay home between 10:30 pm and 5:30 am.

They argued he was dangerous because they found a knife in his car and others at home. Pathetic.

If I were his parents I would not put up the 500k.

He pled Not Guilty they gave him $5million bail and GPS home monitoring.... grrr

from Michele Giles facebook
[FONT=&amp]Judge sets bail for Sam Woodward at [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]5 million with conditions[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]GPS survellience[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Can't leave state[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Remain inside home 10:30pm and 5 am[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Surrender passport[/FONT]

His lawyer likely wouldn't have asked for that amount if his family couldn't swing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo