Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am probably in the minority here, but I hope if he is bailed out - media and the public leave the family alone and we don't hear a word about them until trial. At the rate this is going the chance for a fair trial is growing very small. Would be a shame if justice is not served for BB because the actions of the media and public.

Sorry not to link, but someone just posted an NBC news report on Facebook of the arraignment. Worth looking for, search NBC LA maybe? Her microphone says 4 so channel 4? Some details:

They still don't have the murder weapon.
He dyed his hair on the 4th of January.
He was interviewed three times by the cops before they arrested him. Once they made him meet at the park.
The judge granted a protective order for sam to stay way away from the Bernsteins.

This lawyer will drag it all out I fear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I am probably in the minority here, but I hope if he is bailed out - media and the public leave the family alone and we don't hear a word about them until trial. At the rate this is going the chance for a fair trial is growing very small. Would be a shame if justice is not served for BB because the actions of the media and public.

I don't want this guy out. He stabbed his victim 20 plus times because he has a short fuse and is high tempered. Killing Blaze like that is over kill. Now that he's killed once second time will be easier.

My 26 yr son lives about 10 min from this guy. I don't want my Son accidentally running into this killer at a grocery store or some other local place. This guy is a danger to the community. Stabbed over 20 times. This is a heinous killing.

At least I was right about that part thanks. [emoji4]

Oh good, thanks. I missed both the presser and the arraignment and was trying to catch up quickly. Thought I must have misinterpreted something.

I don't want this guy out. He stabbed his victim 20 plus times because he has a short fuse and is high tempered. Killing Blaze like that is over kill. Now that he's killed once second time will be easier.

My 26 yr son lives about 10 min from this guy. I don't want my Son accidentally running into this killer at a grocery store or some other local place. This guy is a danger to the community. Stabbed over 20 times. This is a heinous killing.

Best scenario is he stays in jail, however I don't think that is what is going to happen. My point was the media and public need to leave the family alone, not following them around, knocking on doors, parking in front of house, taking pics etc. The courts have more information then we do and the judge had the option of no bail and for whatever reason the judge did not rule that way.

If I were his parents, I would be afraid that if I bail him out, he’d hurt someone else, he’d take off and leave me standing there with a 5 million dollar bill, or he just might kill himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were his parents, I would be afraid that if I bail him out, he’d hurt someone else, he’d take off and leave me standing there with a 5 million dollar bill, or he just might kill himself.

True, and honestly, if I were his parents, I’d be afraid he’d kill us.

True, and honestly, if I were his parents, I’d be afraid he’d kill us.

I have a feeling they don’t believe their little boy did this or is capable of doing it. So, while yes, I would be concerned about that, I doubt they are.

Only in CA killer can admit to stabbing and killing and still get bail. He's family will easily make bail. Media and spectators will camp out in front of his house and this will be a media circus just like Casey Anthony trial. If his parents wants to deal with that family shouldn't bail that killer out. Now that all the white supremacy and hate crime info is out about him he will have upset a lot of people he better watch his back. I live in OC Sam will have many years of freedom until this goes to jury trial. High profile cases like this takes 4-10 yrs to go to trial. His attorney will string this out for years but SW and family won't mind because he will have his freedom out on bail.

Please explain: admitted to stabbing and killing, but today pleads not guilty and gets bail? I’m genuinely asking if this is correct, and how does this work? TIA

Please explain: admitted to stabbing and killing, but today pleads not guilty and gets bail? I’m genuinely asking if this is correct, and how does this work? TIA

No, not correct. He never admitted to stabbing or killing Blaze.

I'm familiar with CA law and OC court system. I was hoping DA Tony R. had enough circumstantial or direct evidence to file a special circumstance charge "Lying in wait" Being that he had a knife on his person and he could have set Blaze up under false pretenses with the snapchat knowing he was looking for opportunity to kill him or their meeting could end in death. A special circumstance charge qualifies for death penalty or life in prison without possibility of parole. You can read about it here.

https://www.lectlaw.com/def2/m060.htm

If they don't find the murder weapon it might be tough to prove it was SW knife and he brought it with him. I have no doubt SW committed this crime, but might not be as clear cut as we think when it comes to proving what happened that night.

I would be more worried about someone killing him.

It would be completely crazy of them to spend $500k to bail him out. They will need that money for the attorney. The disadvantage of the slow justice system as well as the defense drawing out the case is that it costs so much money. It would be crazy to bail him out, put him in danger, put society in danger and then run out money to defend him.

Even if they believe he will ultimately be acquitted and is innocent, :facepalm: they should leave him there. It's best for HIM to save that money for his defense, be where no one can hurt him, be where no one can make new allegations against him... etc.

So even if they BELIEVE him, he's better off with them NOT bailing him out.

If they don't find the murder weapon it might be tough to prove it was SW knife and he brought it with him. I have no doubt SW committed this crime, but might not be as clear cut as we think when it comes to proving what happened that night.

LE found a knife in the car and knives were found at SW home I wonder if DNA testing is complete on those.

Does anyone have a credible link from today that murder weapon has not been found? TIA

It would be completely crazy of them to spend $500k to bail him out. They will need that money for the attorney. The disadvantage of the slow justice system as well as the defense drawing out the case is that it costs so much money. It would be crazy to bail him out, put him in danger, put society in danger and then run out money to defend him.

Even if they believe he will ultimately be acquitted and is innocent, :facepalm: they should leave him there. It's best for HIM to save that money for his defense, be where no one can hurt him, be where no one can make new allegations against him... etc.

So even if they BELIEVE him, he's better off with them NOT bailing him out.

I hope your right but he's a Mamas boy so she probably wants him out no matter what.

That pretty much was the gist of the press conference- they didn't release any info about they case. They are still working on trying to develop motive ... it doesn't look like SW will be charged with any hate crime law at this time and they are going to go for No bail.

But it's unclear to me, are hate crime laws the same thing as special circumstances laws? And how could sexual orientation have been left out?

Reporters asked if legislators had left out sexual orientation on purpose- and the senator and DA weren't sure- to their knowledge it's been an oversight and this is the first case they have noticed it. This makes me think special circumstances laws are different than hate crime laws bc surely that couldn't have been the case???

This doesn't pass a sniff test. There's no way that sexual orientation was accidentally left out of hate crime legislation in California. IMO.

LE found a knife in the car and knives were found at SW home I wonder if DNA testing is complete on those.

Does anyone have a credible link from today that murder weapon has not been found? TIA

I saw a reporter say they do not have the murder knife on NBC LA 4. It was hand recorded by someone, originally it was live, they have not repeated it. I checked to make sure I heard correctly.

But since other journalists have not said anything I wonder.
They did discuss finding a knife in his car console and a few in his home. Maybe this reporter got mixed up. I really think the others would be on it otherwise.

And the family hasn't moved. A rumor it seems. It was said in court that he would be in Newport Beach with his parents, same address. No point moving if the press will all know where you go anyway. Assuming they get him out on bail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member