Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE found a knife in the car and knives were found at SW home I wonder if DNA testing is complete on those.

Does anyone have a credible link from today that murder weapon has not been found? TIA

That is not correct.

“McGreevy, after the hearing, declined to say whether one of the knives was the alleged murder weapon, citing the ongoing investigation”
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/02/arraignment-set-today-for-blaze-bernsteins-accused-killer/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick question. As a parent would you honestly not bail your child out?

If my child more than likely murdered someone and it would cost us 500,000 to bail him/her out.....NO.
I think that’s as good a time as any to learn what being an adult is all about.

It depends.
If I believed he didn’t do it, I would bail him out.
If I believed he did do it, but was not otherwise dangerous (can’t really think of a scenario, maybe crime of passion?), I might.
If I believed he did it and is a dangerous person, I probably wouldn’t.

I do believe a person has a better chance of getting a fair trial if they get out on bail, simply because they have more access to their lawyer.

Questions about the bail...
I remember reading only part of the bail has to be cash. Was it 10%? And the rest can be property? Is that right?
Also, do they get that money back at some point, assuming he follows all the rules and shows up to court and everything?

If I had committed a crime, no, they would not have bailed me out.

We were taught that if we did something wrong, we paid the price. Period. And to this day, I'm glad my parents brought me up this way. They didn't pull any punches.

Questions about the bail...
I remember reading only part of the bail has to be cash. Was it 10%? And the rest can be property? Is that right?
Also, do they get that money back at some point, assuming he follows all the rules and shows up to court and everything?

Yes, 10% cash is all they need and after he is either convicted and in jail or acquitted, it’s refunded

Yes, 10% cash is all they need and after he is either convicted and in jail or acquitted, it’s refunded

Thanks. That’s what I thought, but wasn’t sure.

LE found a knife in the car and knives were found at SW home I wonder if DNA testing is complete on those.

Does anyone have a credible link from today that murder weapon has not been found? TIA

Did LE do a search at his parent's home?

Unless he screws up and does something bad, which I'm sure he learned his lesson and won't.

Bail info - if using a bondsman the money paid to him is not refunded. bbm

[h=1]Will I Get My Bail Money Back?[/h]
[FONT=&amp]Enlisting a bail agent to write a surety bond for the defendant will be cheaper because you will pay a bail premium, which is just a percentage of the total bail amount. This is what is commonly known as a bail bond. The bail bond premium is non-refundable. The premium is a fee for the bail agent’s services to manage the defendant and make sure he or she shows up to all required court appearances.[/FONT]

https://www.aboutbail.com/pages/will-i-get-my-bail-money-back

moo

Disappointing to hear he got bail. I have a feeling he’ll commit suicide.

Sorry not to link, but someone just posted an NBC news report on Facebook of the arraignment. Worth looking for, search NBC LA maybe? Her microphone says 4 so channel 4? Some details:

They still don't have the murder weapon.
He dyed his hair on the 4th of January.
He was interviewed three times by the cops before they arrested him. Once they made him meet at the park.
The judge granted a protective order for sam to stay way away from the Bernsteins.

This lawyer will drag it all out I fear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any info about the rental car being a disguise tactic? Sorry if this has been posted. TIA

If they were watching his house from the earliest possibility hopefully there were not lost days in which any evidence at home could have disappeared.

Even “if” one did not kill a person who was in the least a school acquaintance, a SMILE from the court room is just very twisted all the way around. It’s a total disregard for human life, but especially to the Bernstein’s.

Think of all the ones we have seen smiling...

Any info about the rental car being a disguise tactic? Sorry if this has been posted. TIA

That’s a good question. I haven’t heard anything. Im curious if it was the car he drove to pickup Blaze or rented after.

Does anyone have a link to the bond hearing? I thought he was a no bond.
Absolutely positively wrong for him to step one foot outside let alone breath the s air we do.

If they don't find the murder weapon it might be tough to prove it was SW knife and he brought it with him. I have no doubt SW committed this crime, but might not be as clear cut as we think when it comes to proving what happened that night.
Really? Like where was he supposed to have grabbed a knife from in the hobby lobby parking lot if it wasn't his?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member