Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those following twitter Greg Lee @abc7greg had a more thorough tweeting of info gave the next court dates etc than Michele's twitter.... also the details about the knife/knives

That pretty much was the gist of the press conference- they didn't release any info about they case. They are still working on trying to develop motive ... it doesn't look like SW will be charged with any hate crime law at this time and they are going to go for No bail.

But it's unclear to me, are hate crime laws the same thing as special circumstances laws? And how could sexual orientation have been left out?

Reporters asked if legislators had left out sexual orientation on purpose- and the senator and DA weren't sure- to their knowledge it's been an oversight and this is the first case they have noticed it. This makes me think special circumstances laws are different than hate crime laws bc surely that couldn't have been the case???

Crime is the same, they just "forgot" to update the penal code in relation to hate crimes based on gender. He woukd still be punished for it, by the judge, but not an automatic minimum life sentence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He pled Not Guilty to murder and enhancement charges they gave him $5million bail and GPS home monitoring.... grrr back to court on 3/02

from Michele Giles facebook
[FONT=&amp]Judge sets bail for Sam Woodward at [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]5 million with conditions[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]GPS survellience[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Can't leave state[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Remain inside home 10:30pm and 5 am[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Surrender passport[/FONT]

So they are releasing him if his parents pay that amount of money?!? :scared: I don't think he is a danger to the public because he had a target in mind but you never know and this schedule means he can spend all morning/afternoon/evening doing normal life outside.

I don't think this is a wise decision at all. And what if he tries to flee?
Isn't Newport Beach quite close to the Mexican border?

Edited: I just find ridiculous this "[FONT=&amp]Remain inside home 10:30pm and 5 am" . Most people stay indoors then anyway because they are sleeping.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/abc7greg/status/959553032571666432

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]During bail hearing, prosecutor says deputies found a knife in Sam Woodward’s car and several at his home. Argue he’s a danger to the community & a flight risk.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
They found a knife in Sams car and several in his home... from Greg's twitter[/FONT]

Only in CA killer can admit to stabbing and killing and still get bail. He's family will easily make bail. Media and spectators will camp out in front of his house and this will be a media circus just like Casey Anthony trial. If his parents wants to deal with that family shouldn't bail that killer out. Now that all the white supremacy and hate crime info is out about him he will have upset a lot of people he better watch his back. I live in OC Sam will have many years of freedom until this goes to jury trial. High profile cases like this takes 4-10 yrs to go to trial. His attorney will string this out for years but SW and family won't mind because he will have his freedom out on bail.

So they are releasing him if his parents pay that amount of money?!? :scared: I don't think he is a danger to the public because he had a target in mind but you never know and this schedule means he can spend all morning/afternoon/evening doing normal life outside.

I don't think this is a wise decision at all. And what if he tries to flee?
Isn't Newport Beach quite close to the Mexican border?

Edited: I just find ridiculous this "[FONT=&amp]Remain inside home 10:30pm and 5 am" . Most people stay indoors then anyway because they are sleeping.[/FONT]

I'm not so sure he isn't a danger to the public... with his ties they have found to Atomwaffen Division and other neo nazis... I think there would be a chance he reverts to more violent hate crimes (if he can get away with it) after all that is what that group encourages- more violent acts I could see him knowing he will go down for this so he may try to make a further mark for notoriety ... Id be scared to live anywhere near him

DA also pointed out to the judge he possible flight risk and a danger to society as he died his blonde hair black after the killing and while driving he was switching lanes sharply, driving bizarrely while being surveilled. Reporter who was there said word was out his family will likely make the 10% $500,000 half a million bail. Nothing was brought up in court about SW belonging to the hate group or the training in Texas. Being that the killing was especially heinous how was that not a special circumstance?

Only in CA killer can admit to stabbing and killing and still get bail. He's family will easily make bail. Media and spectators will camp out in front of his house and this will be a media circus just like Casey Anthony trial. If his parents wants to deal with that family shouldn't bail that killer out. Now that all the white supremacy and hate crime info is out about him he will have upset a lot of people he better watch his back. I live in OC Sam will have many years of freedom until this goes to jury trial. High profile cases like this takes 4-10 yrs to go to trial. His attorney will string this out for years but SW and family won't mind because he will have his freedom out on bail.

I'm sure they've moved. But let's see if the press can find them. I hope they get some good witnesses soon. More charges could mean bail revoked, no?

I'm sure they've moved. But let's see if the press can find them. I hope they get some good witnesses soon. More charges could mean bail revoked, no?

The family moved out of the house in Newport Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt that. They aren’t hard to find.

And, yes, they can come up with it. Far easier than most, the question is will they?

Wait, he admitted? I thought he plead not guilty.

Maybe he didn't confess I've had so much on my mind lately and stayed away from this case. I was thinking he told LE he stabbed him because he kissed him and he wanted to call him the F word for a gay man.

I highly doubt that. They aren’t hard to find.

And, yes, they can come up with it. Far easier than most, the question is will they?

I agree plus she has a family therapist practice in NB plus he couldn't get bail without a current address. I'm sure his family will hide him from the media and public scrutiny. Many people who knew him from school said his Mom was very overprotective with him. Lucky him he will be able to go about his freedoms while Blaze young life taken.

He looks happy today.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/02/arraignment-set-today-for-blaze-bernsteins-accused-killer/

936b67e890f6105d85aca684b4091d10.jpg

Maybe he didn't confess I've had so much on my mind lately and stayed away from this case. I was thinking he told LE he stabbed him because he kissed him and he wanted to call him the F word for a gay man.

he told LE he kissed him and he wanted to call him the F word for a gay man.

There, fixed [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members