Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaze's parents are such an inspiration. How they can make something so positive out of something so tragic is an example to all of us. If it was my child that had been so brutally murdered I don't think I would have made it out of my bed yet, never mind have the grace and poise to think of how to make this benefit others. Bless them

I have questions if SW was linked to the hate group or the group linked to SW after the arrest to gain attention. "How a white nationalist fooled the media about Florida shooter."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/16/florida-shooting-white-nationalists-415672
There is no question here pro publica actually intercepted 2500 messages of Atomwaffen Division including messages directly from SW to other members in AD and SW directly says how much he has enjoyed being a part of this group. So no, the group did not link to SW after the fact. SW has been a member of and in communication w AD before and after his killing of BB please read the article https://www.propublica.org/article/atomwaffen-division-inside-white-hate-group

There is no question here pro publica actually intercepted 2500 messages of Atomwaffen Division including messages directly from SW to other members in AD and SW directly says how much he has enjoyed being a part of this group. So no, the group did not link to SW after the fact. SW has been a member of and in communication w AD before and after his killing of BB please read the article https://www.propublica.org/article/atomwaffen-division-inside-white-hate-group
Who and how were these authenticated (article does not mention)?

Was this potential evidence shared with prosecutors?

If, by chance, the material in this article is not introduced into evidence at trial, would your opinion of the article's accuracy change?

What a sick bunch of idiots. I cant believe we have these kind of sickos amongst us in CA and everywhere else in the US.

Just a reminder for today:

Friday, March 2nd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm PT) – CA – Blaze Bernstein (19) (Jan. 2, 2018/found Jan. 9, 2018) – Samuel Lincoln Woodward (20) – arrested (1/12/18) & charged with 1 count of felony murder & sentencing enhancement: personal use of a knife. Pled not guilty; $5M bail.
2/2 update: Pled not guilty; Judge set bail at $5M with conditions: GPS surveillance, can't leave State, remains inside house 10:30pm-5am, surrender passport and protective order to stay away from Bernsteins. Back in court March 2nd.

Who and how were these authenticated (article does not mention)?

Was this potential evidence shared with prosecutors?

If, by chance, the material in this article is not introduced into evidence at trial, would your opinion of the article's accuracy change?

The chat logs were obtained by Propublica who has been nominated for (several) and won a Pulitzer Prize for Public Service as well as won multiple Peabody Awards... I'd say they are an extremely respectable investigative journalism organization. Their credibility is solid. Whether or not the material is introduced at trail doesn't change my opinion of the articles accuracy. It doesn't get more trustworthy than Propublica.

I would guess the FBI, since they actively monitor Atomwaffen Division, is the one that validated the chats and yes, I would guess this info has been shared with prosecutors.

It doesn't sound like so far there are any direct chats that state SW killed BB for a hate crime and IMO, that's why so far, no hate crime charges have been filed. Although many might infer it from his association and chats with AD if there is other corroborating evidence found. We don't know what evidence the state has.

Every time I see "SW" - I'm thinking Search Warrant.... :doh:

Well, I'll be asleep when this hearing starts... So will catch up with you all tomorrow!

Just a reminder for today:

Friday, March 2nd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm PT) – CA – Blaze Bernstein (19) (Jan. 2, 2018/found Jan. 9, 2018) – Samuel Lincoln Woodward (20) – arrested (1/12/18) & charged with 1 count of felony murder & sentencing enhancement: personal use of a knife. Pled not guilty; $5M bail.
2/2 update: Pled not guilty; Judge set bail at $5M with conditions: GPS surveillance, can't leave State, remains inside house 10:30pm-5am, surrender passport and protective order to stay away from Bernsteins. Back in court March 2nd.

He must not be granted bail.

I cant seem to find much about him having a court date today

From the court site...

Another scheduled hearing -

03/22/2018 09:00 AM Preliminary Hearing - Courtroom H7

From the court site...

Another scheduled hearing -

03/22/2018 09:00 AM Preliminary Hearing - Courtroom H7

Thank you!! Wow that was quick, I wonder if this court date was just waved or something?

Thank you!! Wow that was quick, I wonder if this court date was just waved or something?

Today’s hearing and the one posted for March 22nd are listed in the case detail. Though it doesn’t yet say today’s case has been heard or if it was cancelled.

Orange County reporter Michele Gile's twitter @CBSMichelegile says

"in court #Samwoodward -Pretrial hearing- Woodward just entered courtroom-his parents here praying"

next tweet says

"#Woodward's new preliminary hearing date changed to June 14"

Michele Gile's twitter @CBSMichelegile says
"in court #SAMWOODWARD -Pretrial hearing- Woodward just entered courtroom-his parents here praying"
next tweet says
"#Woodward's new preliminary hearing date changed to June 14"

That is sure a LONG time away.

Court site was updated...

Scheduled Hearing
06/14/2018 08:30 AM Preliminary Hearing - Courtroom H7

Heard Hearings
03/02/2018 01:30 PM Pre Trial - H7 Heard

03/22/2018 09:00 AM Preliminary Hearing - H7 Cancel

Thank you.

From the link...

DISTINCTION BETWEEN MURDER IN THE FIRST AND SECOND DEGREES is that in murder in first degree, unless it is committed in perpetration or attempt to perpetrate arson, rape, robbery, or burglary, killing must be deliberate and premeditated, while in murder in second degree killing is not deliberate or premeditated. In one case there is deliberate, premeditated, preconceived design, though formed immediately before mortal wound is given, while in the other there is no deliberation, premeditation, or preconceived design, although in both, killing must have been unlawful and accompanied with malice.

This will go on for a couple of years is my guess. I don't know if anyone remembers the Ashton Sachs case (kid in San Juan that killed his parents) but that went on for 2 years with continuous "pre-trial hearings" - the system takes a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay