Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you aren't guilty why would you feel remorse for your family? Its just an odd choice of words to me... remorse and shame for his family spells guilt for something he has done ... if you are innocent what is there to be remorseful about? I don't get it.

It is an odd word of choice. What I think is just as odd is he is blatant in his lack of remorse for Blaze’s family. If you are not guilty of the murder it would seem there would be a sense of sorrow for the tragedy. Something...anything...at the very least.

Not expecting that from him at all but just wondering what the legal strategy is...
His demeanor is obvious, he’s not hiding it. Callous, self righteous anger, no empathy, justified...

Very NON ‘Eagle Scout’

But if you aren't guilty why would you feel remorse for your family? Its just an odd choice of words to me... remorse and shame for his family spells guilt for something he has done ... if you are innocent what is there to be remorseful about? I don't get it.

I agree that it was a poor choice of words from his attorney, but that is all it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The article above said he told the police he has Asperger's syndrome- I think that's new info -did we know that before? I thought the affidavit the reporter is quoting from was sealed... has it been unsealed now?

The article above said he told the police he has Asperger's syndrome- I think that's new info -did we know that before? I thought the affidavit the reporter is quoting from was sealed... has it been unsealed now?

First mention of Aspergers to me.

Omg is his attorney Munoz on the same planet as everyone else? Seriously, does he honestly think we care? Isn't that the point of incarceration? He's supposed to be depressed that's why it's called jail. What an idiot. Does he really think his going to get sympathy from the public. He stabbed to death a young innocent sweet young man and we are seriously supposed to care about SW? Give me a break is this attorney smoking crack or what.

You aren’t supposed to care. Unless you are on a jury at his trial. Unless you are the judge. Unless you are hired by his family to represent him. Unless you are the prosecutors. Innocent until proven guilty. Doesn’t matter how guilty it seems or how obvious. He’s been held because the judge was convinced by the prosecution that he is very likely guilty and very likely to be a threat to others and very likely to flee. She imposed the maximum bail possible for the crimes they had enough evidence to charge him for. To ensure he is there for a trial by a jury of his peers, with a judge making the big decisions before the jury does. He isn’t being punished yet be suse he is innocent til proven guilty.

It’s sad that the education system is so underfunded that people don’t remember or didn’t learn these very basic facts of the US judicial system. It’s not that we are less intelligent, just very poorly informed. Our judicial system evolved from public shaming, stoning, to nobles, priests and kings having their own court system and punishments. Eventually to English Common Law. Most of the US laws just adopted English Common Law. And tried to improve on that. I don’t think we really want to go to a system of trial by the court of public opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The scouts can be like any other extracurricular activity kids are involved in. Sometimes it's the parents who are more interested than the kids, especially if a parent had been a scout. There can be pressure from the parent, and once the eagle scout thing is accomplished, I think some breathe a sigh of relief that it is over.
Very good point.

Years ago, I knew a young man. Though he was an Eagle Scout, but was just not "scouty" in attitude, volunteerism and continued interest. One of my best friends was also an Eagle Scout with far different attitudes than the other youth. I was never in Scout and wondered about the difference. I did not grasp it until I read your post.

In the end, Scouts can be just like youth church groups or athletic teams. Mere membership in the organization does not always mean the individual embraces the goals of the group as parents can make participation mandatory.

As a side note, the 17 year who committed the last rampage shooting also had an interest in Nazism, the occult and other forms of implied violence. Yet he also attended a church and was active in a folk dance group associated with it (Greek folk dance group, not surprisingly sponsored by a Greek Orthodox church). My guess is that his participation in church may well have also been mandated.

Since you asked....

Thursday, June 14th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Blaze Bernstein (19) (Jan. 2, 2018; found Jan. 9, 2018) – Samuel Lincoln Woodward (20) – arrested & charged (1/12/18) with 1 count of felony murder & sentencing enhancement: personal use of a knife. Plead not guilty; $5M bail.
2/2/18 update: Plead not guilty; Judge set bail at $5M with conditions: GPS surveillance, can't leave State, remains inside house 10:30pm-5am, surrender passport and protective order to stay away from Bernsteins. Postponed from March 2nd.

Since you asked....

Thursday, June 14th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Blaze Bernstein (19) (Jan. 2, 2018; found Jan. 9, 2018) – Samuel Lincoln Woodward (20) – arrested & charged (1/12/18) with 1 count of felony murder & sentencing enhancement: personal use of a knife. Plead not guilty; $5M bail.
2/2/18 update: Plead not guilty; Judge set bail at $5M with conditions: GPS surveillance, can't leave State, remains inside house 10:30pm-5am, surrender passport and protective order to stay away from Bernsteins. Postponed from March 2nd.
Do we know whether he ever made bail? Or is he still in custody? Last I heard, he was still in custody, but that’s been a while.

@Mica - this vinelink link - of course, I can't access it, but going to get a VPN and was wondering about this site. I've seen itposted before by other people. Can you go to the link and get ALL States' court records? Do you have to pay to look or belong? TIA! :)

Vinelink is a free service providing information on offenders custody status. 48 states participate. Court information is not provided.

About Vinelink...

Welcome to VINELink, an online portal to VINE, America’s number one victim notification network. VINE has been providing victims and concerned citizens with the power of information for decades, allowing these individuals to have the sense of security that they deserve. VINELink can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide the most reliable information for custody status changes and criminal case information.

Vinelink.com

This is the 2nd postponement. Previous prelim hearing was 3/2/18 which was postponed to 6/14.

California court system....
bored-smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members