CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this and I was wondering if there was ever a part #2?

I believe we can go further with this forensic enquiry.* We can reveal when Bob was more than likely murdered, where he was murdered and possibly also where his body may be located.* We will continue with Part 2…

http://astrologyincrime.com/2013/02/11/young-love-bob-and-fontelle/

Astrology is a worthwhile thing to look into in his case. This story particularly bothers me since this is only 15 minutes from where I live :(. I always hate when crimes happen so close to home, and even more so when they go years unsolved. I hope someone will find him soon.

I don't know if this guy was ever looked at as being Bob Harrod but San Luis Obispo is not far from Placentia http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2757umca.html

Date of Discovery: January 12, 2012
Location of Discovery: San Luis Obispo County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Advanced decomposition
Cause of Death: Natural - possible Myocardial Infarction
Physical Description
Estimated Age: 60-70 years old
Race: Unknown
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Sample retained - status unknown
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Partial - not usable for ID purposes.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was located in the Paso Robles River bed east of Highway 101.

Where is he? What could they have done with him? We know he's not with us anymore. He needs to be found and put to rest and those that did this to him need to face justice. Unreal how long this has gone on.

Bob, you served admirably as a Marine, as a husband, Dad, employee, widower, and husband again.

We thank you for your service!

As far as we can see, you lived your life for others, and likely lost that life to domestic violence.

Fontelle, you lost Bob to the Marines, and then again to greed. You remained a lady through both situations!

Justice is overdue for Bob & Fontelle Harrod.

Bumping for Bob. If you're checking the last page and aren't familiar with the story...go back to Page 1 but be warned that this is a tearjerker!

Karma does know how to find Running Springs. We'll wait!

Had the new wife been added to Bob's will, or was that pending?

Had the new wife been added to Bob's will, or was that pending?

Apparently not, those horrendous awful daughters (now wait who typed those accusatory, inflammatory terms???) were able to have their Dad declared dead & get the trust.

Keep reading from the beginning, sad and true story.

Apparently not, those horrendous awful daughters (now wait who typed those accusatory, inflammatory terms???) were able to have their Dad declared dead & get the trust.

Keep reading from the beginning, sad and true story.

I haven't read all the details of this case as all of you have. From a set of fresh eyes, it just screams out at me that someone was afraid of not being able to cash out. Meaning, that the old gent might change his will in favor of the new wife, and someone would lose out.

This hypothesis is straight forward, and makes the most sense to me. Who had the most to lose in this scenario?
The fact this happened right after he got married makes this an obvious possibility as well.
This is all just amateur speculation and opinion....but probably a darn good speculation.

As far as where he is...that is quite interesting. In looking at an aerial map, this is a high density area. Moving a body around without detection would be no easy task. There would be street cams everywhere, but I guess they weren't checked?
What I have observed in murder cases is that if the Perp is familial, they seem to dump the remains close by...within a few miles. They don't want to drive around long with a dead body in their car. Too risky.

If I were a bettin' gal, I'd say go drag the Santa Ana River Lakes. The proximity to Mr. H's residence makes this stand out to me.

RFA, keep reading the multiple threads. Many, many of us agree with you. Likely that Detective Loomis agrees as well.

Yes, much discussed.

The last person known to see Mr. Harrod alive had a specific type of pick-up truck with a trunk.

A sleuther located a truck of that model, and a volunteer just Mr. Harrod's size. Pictures are posted in the threads.

Fairly easy to conceal a body if one has access to this particular vehicle.

And a few years later, your wife inherits a million dollars.

Just sayin.'

:seeya:

Fontelle misses her husband, Bob.

Many WSers miss Zweibel.

Bumping for Bob!

RFA, keep reading the multiple threads. Many, many of us agree with you. Likely that Detective Loomis agrees as well.

Yes, much discussed.

The last person known to see Mr. Harrod alive had a specific type of pick-up truck with a trunk.

A sleuther located a truck of that model, and a volunteer just Mr. Harrod's size. Pictures are posted in the threads.

Just sayin.'

Andrew Harrod, Bob's grandson had the most to lose. He stopped paying the 700,000 or so mortgage loan which Bob was financing within days of Bob's disappearance. My best guess, is AH went over there sometime Monday morning before his dad arrived and did Bob in. JeM then came to Bob's as planned and unexpectedly arrived to find the mess his son made.

Think about it, JeM would stay silent before ratting out his son. JuM about had a coronary over anyone sleuthing Bob's case. A mother would do that to protect her son more so, imo, than her husband. Paula and Roberta were incredibly defensive regarding JeM, but I don't ever recall them being adament about defending their nephew.

My theory is JeM's involvement is accessory after the fact due to his covering for his son. I'm curious to know if Bob's voice and Andrew's voice sounded similiar, especially over the phone.

AH walked from his home and the 700,000 he owed Bob. He gained the most, imo.

Yes, much discussed.

Just sayin.'

I'm confused, but again, jumping in to the fray late in the thread. Is the new wife cast in suspicion? I seemed to think she was not, and couldn't benefit from his demise. However, I do think a surviving spouse in Cali does get 50%? But maybe that doesn't count if there is a will? I'm not sure....

Do those of you on the thread feel as if a vigorous search for this man was conducted? Did the family actively participate, seem feverishly concerned? I still say that lake should be dragged. It's so close to his home....that, or go get a warrant to search any storage lockers rented by anyone who is an official or unofficial POI.

This poor man, it's heartbreaking.

I'm confused, but again, jumping in to the fray late in the thread. Is the new wife cast in suspicion? I seemed to think she was not, and couldn't benefit from his demise. However, I do think a surviving spouse in Cali does get 50%? But maybe that doesn't count if there is a will? I'm not sure....

Do those of you on the thread feel as if a vigorous search for this man was conducted? Did the family actively participate, seem feverishly concerned? I still say that lake should be dragged. It's so close to his home....that, or go get a warrant to search any storage lockers rented by anyone who is an official or unofficial POI.

This poor man, it's heartbreaking.

Bob's property was held in a trust. He & Fontelle did not have time to see the appropriate attorney to create financial protection for her before Bob disappeared.

:maddening:

As Cubby points out, Andrew had the most to gain & the least to loose.

At the beginning, the family suggested that Mr. Harrod developed "cold feet" and went into hiding.

IIRC, family members have experience with search&rescue and with running big, far-reaching multi-media campaigns.

But as far as mainstream media reports, these skills were not applied in Mr. Harrod's case.

:sick:

Blessings for Bob and Fontelle!

Bob's property was held in a trust. He & Fontelle did not have time to see the appropriate attorney to create financial protection for her before Bob disappeared.

:maddening:

As Cubby points out, Andrew had the most to gain & the least to loose.

At the beginning, the family suggested that Mr. Harrod developed "cold feet" and went into hiding.

IIRC, family members have experience with search&rescue and with running big, far-reaching multi-media campaigns.

But as far as mainstream media reports, these skills were not applied in Mr. Harrod's case.

:sick:

Blessings for Bob and Fontelle!

Huh? Well that certainly is odd...
As far as the family members wanting access to the estate, I can understand that. When someone passes on, there are alot of expenses to deal with, and just loads of professionals you need to hire to handle all that. It's quite overwhelming...and expensive. So I can understand their need to access the trust fund. I don't fault them for that.
This being said, I hope would hope they would be classy and provide for Bob's new wife, if only to a certain degree. I would have offered her relocation expenses, and a sum to help her feel secure while she attempted to get over the trauma of losing her new husband. Perhaps they did, and I don't know about it as I am not the knowledgeable on the case.

Again, as far as motive, it does (on the surface) appear as if the new wife was a threat to someone's payday. The timing of the disappearance is so very very suspicious.
As time permits, I will go back through the thread so I can learn more about what forensic efforts have transpired. This case will be solved on forensics.
Speaking of which, I'd be interested in knowing who sold their vehicle shortly after Bob vanished....

Okay....just spent the last hour reading through some of the original thread. Wow, what a story. I have a lot of thoughts about what I read, and some are quite opinionated. With the "opinions are like noses, we all have them" mantra in mind, here goes: (And as usual, this all just amateur speculation and opinion. All my source material is simply what has been posted on the threads, so take everything with the usual grain of salt).

**Bob's wife of almost 60 years passes away. There is some speculation that the daughter(s) did not think Bob spent enough on the wife's care during her illness, and there appears to be residual family controversy and bitterness over this perception.
**One daughter went so far as to make derogatory statements about her missing father to the media. (Classless)
**Family members alleged possible elder abuse when Bob's 45 year old married female barber accepted monetary gifts from him.
**Family members allegedly did not approve of Fontelle, and especially her marriage to Bob. Fontelle changed the locks on the house after Bob went missing, seemingly to keep his family members from creating additional stress in an already stressful situation

My impressions:
*You have an elderly man who lost his wife of 60 years. No doubt he was profoundly grieved, and was looking for a lighthouse in the middle of a very stormy sea.
*His female barber most likely listened to him, and provided comfort and human touch during a time when he was wracked with grief and loneliness. Frankly, my opinion is that unless the barber was extracting large sums of money from Bob, the daughters should have kept their noses out of this. Maybe helping this woman and her husband gave Bob a lot of happiness. He had not been declared legally incompetent, so frankly it was his business how he spent or gave away his money.
*The fact his glasses were left behind indicate to me that he was abducted. Period.
*The fact his keys and wallet were missing lead me to believe there was going to be some attempt to withdraw funds, but that somehow was thwarted.

My wild card guess at what happened
*I think someone / persons entered Bob's home and knowing he was all but blind without them, removed Bob's glasses. I speculate they were going to have him withdraw money. In this scenario Bob either died struggling and defying his captors, or he perished in the trunk of the car during transport due to stress and a heart attack. The abductors panicked and dumped his remains.
*In this amateur profile, I absolutely believe these were people known to Bob, albeit they may have tried to disguise themselves.

All amateur speculation and opinion.

Bumping for Bob & Fontelle -- anyone remember their wedding anniversary?

Praying blessing for Bob & Fontelle, where ever you two are.

Happy 4th to a US Marine & his bride!

:fireworks::happy4th::fireworks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members