DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookkee, I managed to wait 2 weeks.

images

sendflowers.com

Our best to you, Mrs. Harris, and a lovely Autumn season!

IIRC, the 3 daughters had Bob declared deceased after California's 5 year waiting period.

Again IIRC, they did not include Mrs. Harrod in the legal action.

IIRC, Mrs. Harrod wisely (changed the locks and) remained in her marital home for several years. IIRC, aging has impacted Mrs. Harrod's health, and she now resides with her daughter near Kansas City.

I do not know if Mrs. Harrod benefited from her husband's estate or from the sale of her marital home

What I remember sounds very much like Elder Abuse.

I have great respect for Mrs. Harrod's dignity, and her choice to avoid making this bad situation worse.

Seems Bob's daughters didn't consider that...imho.

Where's Bob???

jmho ymmv lrr
Agreed.
Mrs. Harrod made wise decisions and I think she suffered greatly from the loss of her husband, Bob.

I often think about - if Bob had not (unknown to everyone) arranged for his housekeeper to call that Monday, when would he have been reported missing?

I think Wednesday, the day Mrs Harrod returned. If it hadn't been for the housekeeper turning up, and knowing son in law knew Bob had disappearedl, I don't think Bob's disappearance would have been reported for days.

So Mrs Harrod would have turned up, and she would have had to report that Bob was missing, and though she was in the house now, she could not explain how or when Bob vanished. That would have looked so suspicious.

Also, why did Mrs Harrod have to get a taxi from the airport? We know Bob's daughters Julie Michaels and son in law had vehicles, and daughter Roberta Brady. And that they were at the house Wed. But they couldn't pick Mrs Harrod up from the airport?

ETA Correction: Daughter Julie Michaels and Paula Borcher (Bob passed her a new car) we know had vehicles. Roberta Brady had one too, I'm sure. But there's no record of that.
It sounds like everything was not rosy between Bob's 2nd wife and the rest of the family ?
I've read most of the posts here and there's a few podcasts and articles about this case.
But not as much as I'd hoped.
I really wanted to hear what all of the WS-ers had to say about the case and sadly it's looking like it may not be solved ?
Hope I'm wrong.

I think that Mrs Harrod would have raised the alarm before Wed, but I agree it seems likely the plan was to make sure there was a lot of distance between the folks who were in the house on Monday and the crime. I agree that however this plan came about, Mrs Harrod was going to be the one who had to make the call to LE.

How cruel.

I also believe that it was imperative to prevent Bob from executing his to do list, and I truly believe that the list represented what he intended to do on Monday.

I just want to bounce back for a minute to possible locations. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not the person(s) who disposed of Bob might have headed towards the nearest hospital?

If we assume it was a confrontation that got out of hand and Bob was injured, maybe someone wanted to bring him to the hospital and headed in that direction?
bbm
Agreed if this was the plan it again points to friction between the new wife and Bob's family.
Imo.

It would be nice to think so, but I'm afraid I don't. Helping a badly injured person from the house to a vehicle to get to hospital would have happened in a rush with little time to think. Surely that would have left a trail of evidence that even the best clean-up couldn't conceal?

I think it's more likely Bob Harrod was deceased when he left the house and his body was carefully wrapped and concealed, so as not to leave evidence.
bbm
That sounds likely, but it's sad that LE still have no idea where he is ?
MOO.

Last edited:
IMHO, and after reading nearly every word published about the situation, the friction has nothing to do with Mrs. Harrod and everything to do with the daughters, primarily one.

Would love to see information to the contrary, can someone find any?

jmho ymmv lrr

IMHO, and after reading nearly every word published about the situation, the friction has nothing to do with Mrs. Harrod and everything to do with the daughters, primarily one.

Would love to see information to the contrary, can someone find any?

jmho ymmv lrr
Ita.

I think someone wanted people to think there were issues with Mrs. H. ?
I didn't get the feeling just from reading here that Mrs. H. and Bob's family were close ?
Sorry if my post was not very clear.

There's not much by the way of articles or podcasts about this case, and I've been looking around to learn a bit more.
Will keep digging.
MOO.

Two Persons of Interest in 2009 Disappearance of Millionaire Released
His cold case had been quiet until a few weeks ago when the Placentia Police Department announced their arrest of two people who are considered ‘persons of interest,’ but released them pending more information. The department is withholding their identities to protect their investigation.
Sergeant Connell was a detective at the department when Harrod was first reported missing. He says Harrod’s family, including his daughters and son-in-law, have been cleared and are not suspects in the case.

It's been over two years since two suspects in this case were arrested and released. Is LE waiting for Bob Harrod's body to be found?

Hi all....just spent some time digesting files again. I think this will be "solved." I mean I kind of feel like it is solved but there needs to be some resolve in the OCSO/DA's/Cold Case unit to take a few more steps. There is new technology and DNA to be uncovered on evidence. I think its time for a fresh look from the beginning.

It's been over two years since two suspects in this case were arrested and released. Is LE waiting for Bob Harrod's body to be found?

This case makes me so very sad. He had found happiness and was looking forward to his new life with his lovely wife.

From this article, I can't remember this being said previously:

"He says Harrod’s family, including his daughters and son-in-law, have been cleared and are not suspects in the case."

This case makes me so very sad. He had found happiness and was looking forward to his new life with his lovely wife.

From this article, I can't remember this being said previously:

"He says Harrod’s family, including his daughters and son-in-law, have been cleared and are not suspects in the case."

Do the cops say things like this, even if they are considering one or more of these people to be persons of interest? Seems to me that they can say it and not mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia