CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zwiebel, I have taken note that you are like a dog with a bone regarding the Bob Harrod case. You have been dedicated to his thread here on Websleuths for a long time. My interest began with the Disappeared episode. While I may have missed some comments going back to 2009, I have tried to keep up with this case. I understand you don't want these skeletal remains to be BH. It would be heartbreaking to realize the finality of what could have and should have been.

I have a different view. I really do hope this is BH. I have been thinking - what are the chances that he is still alive at this point? My opinion is that the chance is slim to none. So many out there still missing and unaccounted for. The only positive outcome, if this is BH, would be the opportunity for a decent burial.

I admire your tenacity and resolve to find answers for Bob Harrod.

One thing to consider in Bob's particular case is who is online talking and who isnt kwim? It would be normal, natural and expected to express concern or curiosity about a discovery relating to a disappearance from 2009 within a certain radius of Bob's house, especially at a time when there is activity regarding the estate.

I find the way the info is being released to be very telling-so if I had knowledge of the remains, I would certainly assume I was being watched very closely. I will be very curious to see if the retraction of male was deliberate or otherwise.

Someone has a loved one coming home very soon however.

A person would have to be some kind of crazy to have driven Bob's body from Placentia, through all that wilderness, to bury his body in suburban LA.

I don't think this can be him. I think the victim must be a localish person - and the perp didn't have access to a car.

I think this is a valid position for sure. But then I think about McAmis driving Lynsie Ekelund 50 miles in his car and burying her at a construction site with a backhoe. We could probably think of a thousand risky disposal behaviors-just killing someone in broad daylight and driving them through very busy streets in order to find a spot to get rid of them has to be up there in terms of insane.

There was only one msm source which retracted the word male. There is.another msm article today which states the mp is missing from LA county, but only one msm outlet reporting such. I will look for it again, and if that isn't an error we can rule out Bob because he is missing from Orange County.

At the end of the day it is all about finding a dump spot that you are familiar with on some level. If this is Bob, then the connection to the location will be a strong one and obvious I expect.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/general-n...-team-finds-human-remains-in-valinda-backyard

Yay the link worked! The above article is the one which states the subject was missing from LA county,

The above article also states that a bag of 'heavy litter loaded with materia'l was collected and the remains ver found buried below concrete,but no ino on how deep.

I wonder if tbe material consisted of the old materials from Bob's home. One of the things beside the timeline which remains unanswered. Where did those materials go?

Running late for a chiro appt. This is from the other thread

I had not seen that, only that yesterday it did seem like the male found in a different case was mixed up with the person in this case and quickly retracted.

But just now, catching up, I clicked on dotr's link here: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/La-Puente-Death-Investigation-320900061.html

And note the intro banner on the 2nd video down says "Excavation Remains of Missing Woman to Resume Friday"
So that's been there a couple days?

In the second video in the post, a mother and son whose sister/ daughter,( whose name i cannot quite make out ), are speculating that the remains are of their loved one, although apparently they were told that was not the case.

@ 1:10 video # 2.

The name is actually in the article. I'm not seeing her name on google as missing.

Human Skull and Additional Human Remains Found in Valinda Backyard
Coroner's arrived at the home early Thursday after receiving information about a 2009 cold case.
By Jonathan Lloyd and Patrick Healy
Late in the day, word of the search brought members of another San Gabriel Valley family who have not seen a loved one since 2008 to the house. The mother and brother of Liliana Rangel said the closeness in time of disappearance raised their concerns. Lewandowski said detectives would speak with them.

If remains are found in the backyard, the case will become a homicide, said Lewandowski, and that is why authorities do not want to release the name of the missing person until they have confirmation.

Some people Thinks it could be difficult to believe any daughter could do that to her father." Well, but a son-in-law is not emotional related to a father-in-law. Also this family stop talking to each other for 6 moths! So there is Not care about him... And honestly, people only care about money! When there is a gold pot and you must work everyday, you start waiting or thinking "if it's yours" or "could be yours someday" His previous love was a Menace for their "Interests" They didn't want to share or get less money, or just wait more time. Do you would share your family legacy with your dads ex-girlfriend if she returns someday and your dad is alone? or you will care about your dad happiness? this is the Clue Question. The hairstylist was just taking advantage of the situation, but there is not sense to kill him if he was giving money expecting some companion. Probably I could do the same if I get to 81, alone, with a lot money, one day.... you'll not carry ANYTHING when dying... Thanks for read

Some people Thinks it could be difficult to believe any daughter could do that to her father." Well, but a son-in-law is not emotional related to a father-in-law. Also this family stop talking to each other for 6 moths! So there is Not care about him... And honestly, people only care about money! When there is a gold pot and you must work everyday, you start waiting or thinking "if it's yours" or "could be yours someday" His previous love was a Menace for their "Interests" They didn't want to share or get less money, or just wait more time. Do you would share your family legacy with your dads ex-girlfriend if she returns someday and your dad is alone? or you will care about your dad happiness? this is the Clue Question. The hairstylist was just taking advantage of the situation, but there is not sense to kill him if he was giving money expecting some companion. Probably I could do the same if I get to 81, alone, with a lot money, one day.... you'll not carry ANYTHING when dying... Thanks for read

Yes, police and a friend of Bob - and even his daughters themselves - have said there were problems and rows about his money, even before Fontelle came on the scene. It seems reasonable to assume they worsened after the marriage.

I have seen that nearly all the people living in the 700 block of the street in Valinda where the body was found are Hispanic, so just because of that I feel the body is most likely to be an Hispanic person.

It did cross my mind this might possibly be related to the alleged serial killers in Orange County too - Steve Gordon and Franc Cano, but I'm not sure where they both were in 2009. They may have been in jail. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/gordon-669371-cano-trial.html

Zwiebel, I have taken note that you are like a dog with a bone regarding the Bob Harrod case. You have been dedicated to his thread here on Websleuths for a long time. My interest began with the Disappeared episode. While I may have missed some comments going back to 2009, I have tried to keep up with this case. I understand you don't want these skeletal remains to be BH. It would be heartbreaking to realize the finality of what could have and should have been.

I have a different view. I really do hope this is BH. I have been thinking - what are the chances that he is still alive at this point? My opinion is that the chance is slim to none. So many out there still missing and unaccounted for. The only positive outcome, if this is BH, would be the opportunity for a decent burial.

I admire your tenacity and resolve to find answers for Bob Harrod.

I get my tenacity from my dear, deceased dog whose walk routes were so ingrained he even tried to swim them when we were flooded. His best friend was a 91-year-old, lonely man who still stops to talk to me about my hound, almost every day. His own dog died but he continues to take the little walk they used to go on together. I always think of Bob when I see him. It acts as a reminder of how important it is that Bob is found.

The very oldest people often have great stories to tell. And sometimes leave those stories behind in the form of notes, or diaries.

It's very regrettable that family members seem to have gone right through all Bob's papers, just one day after he went missing, before police got a chance to look through them. I still find it astounding that some people seemed to assume so quickly, Bob was never coming back. Why?

I was able to pass this week in front of the house of Carnation Drive around 8:00pm, which looks in great condition, has open curtains and the stairway lighted up, looks like house had exterior job and/or renewal, and there is a Bright Red color front door.

I have devoted much time to review, and browse the area, and my theories is that the uninhabited and mountainous surrounding territories of "Chino Hills Sleepy Hollow" is a nice place where you can easily hide or bury somebody, it's located around Route 142, it has creeks and much vegetation, just local traffic, and there are not many house around , just few large property estates, try to take a satellite look on google maps/earth, is located 6 miles away from Carnation and you get there in 15 minutes or less. I will try to take some videos/picture so you see there is not not much traffic and lots of hidden spots, I live 20 minutes away from the Route 142.

And I keep my suspicions about JuM & JeM, accentuate more a possible responsibility, they could be inspired in Natalee Holloway case, the missing student in Aruba, who was a media sensation, and who was Declared dead in absentia 7 years later in 2012.

Any resource could be a help to resolve this case a minimize the sorrow, maybe clairvoyant could give any advice or track, Divining Rods, Dowsing, I know it sounds crazy, but there have been cases solved cases thanks to them.

Anyway, I wish that the light of hope is not turned off, and swift justice gets to this beautiful couple.

I get my tenacity from my dear, deceased dog whose walk routes were so ingrained he even tried to swim them when we were flooded. His best friend was a 91-year-old, lonely man who still stops to talk to me about my hound, almost every day. His own dog died but he continues to take the little walk they used to go on together. I always think of Bob when I see him. It acts as a reminder of how important it is that Bob is found.

Yes, I can see the reason for your dedication. Such a sweet story about your dog and his walking partner. Thanks for sharing this.

Last post was 8 days ago. Can't stand to see this thread off page 1.

Bumping for Bob. Hoping/praying for Fontelle and for justice.

The remains found in the Valinda, LA County backyard have been identified as 40-year-old Maria Delrefugio Chavez who went missing after locking up her store in 2009.

The man named as suspect is a Santeria priest who is also wanted over the rape of a 16-year-old in 2013 and is suspected of other sex assaults. He was interviewed after Maria's disappearance and was always a POI as he was having an affair with her and they had a four-year-old daughter together. He owned a botanica? in Montebello at the time.

He is 46 and named as Pablo Pinto Mata AKA Juan Diego AKA El Padrino. Here's his wanted poster if anyone wants to share it.

Rest in peace Maria.

http://ktla.com/2015/08/25/id-of-human-remains-found-in-valinda-homes-backyard-to-be-released/

Attachments

• CNRa7u4XAAAkYjJ.jpg
    CNRa7u4XAAAkYjJ.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 269
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics