CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
URGENT !!

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

Marc Klaas and KlaasKids desperately needs help NOW from each and every Websleuther to support Trucker TV through America. This could be the single most important thing any of us can ever do for missing children.

Please take 3 minutes to read the above link, click the REPLY button, express your support or voice your concerns, click SEND.

Then forward the above link to your email contacts, everyone, everywhere, so they can do the same.

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

Leisure World Village.
It is not far from Placentia, 22 miles,
south, then west of Placentia,
and it does say that
visitors can stay for 60 days.
Laguna Hills is 23 miles south from Placentia.

Of course, we do not know if
Robert had friends or acquaintances
at Leisure World.
And no activity on his bank account
to buy at either place.
Unless it was somehow handled through
his lawyer.

Probably Robert Harrod is not hiding
out, in plain sight, at a retirement village,
but then stranger things have happened.

Hmm. Wonder if he had another lady friend
other than barber lady?

I played golf in Laguna Woods the other day. I couldn't believe how quiet and private it is there. One of the gentlemen I was playing with said that this is where old people "hide out" from the real world!! Haha! Got me to start thinking. If you have ever been behind the gates it is easy to see how some one could be there without calling attention to themselves. It is very self-contained and most of the residents keep to themselves. It is kind of an unwritten rule amongst them. If I were the family I would be distributing flyers throughout Laguna Woods. I guess I'm just optimistic hoping the old guy is alive and well!!!

Leisure World Village.
It is not far from Placentia, 22 miles,
south, then west of Placentia,
and it does say that
visitors can stay for 60 days.
Laguna Hills is 23 miles south from Placentia.

Of course, we do not know if
Robert had friends or acquaintances
at Leisure World.
And no activity on his bank account
to buy at either place.
Unless it was somehow handled through
his lawyer.

Probably Robert Harrod is not hiding
out, in plain sight, at a retirement village,
but then stranger things have happened.

Hmm. Wonder if he had another lady friend
other than barber lady?

BBM

My Dad is 89 and lives in a Senior/Retirement complex. The ladies line up for "Kisses from Joe"! Good thing my Mom is not a jealous woman. Bob could very well had other lady friends that could have offered him a place to stay until he could gather his bearings. Where are you Bob???

I'm not feeling that Bob is hanging out somewhere until he gets his bearings or things settle down. It was his kids that had a problem. Why would he hide from Fontelle and the kids when it was the kids that had the problem? When others don't like or don't approve of what I'm doing, my first thought isn't to runaway from my comortable life, leave my money behind and go hide somewhere. No, I tell them to get lost. It makes no sense for him to punish himself over what other people feel.

I'm not feeling that Bob is hanging out somewhere until he gets his bearings or things settle down. It was his kids that had a problem. Why would he hide from Fontelle and the kids when it was the kids that had the problem? When others don't like or don't approve of what I'm doing, my first thought isn't to runaway from my comortable life, leave my money behind and go hide somewhere. No, I tell them to get lost. It makes no sense for him to punish himself over what other people feel.

Exactly!

Bob Harrod is eighty-one-years-old. He had just remarried, and the very morning he disappeared had told the maid to come over.

The night before his three daughters had converged on his house and things got heated. It was about money. The next day BH disappears.

Within days BH's daughters file papers to be named conservators of the trust. They also start posting on a forum and say very unkind things about there father. The postings are not about organizing searches and asking for help.

Put the pieces of the puzzle together.

I was really hoping Bob had just left out of frustration and anger and would be back by now. It's not looking good. :(

-------------------------------------------

It was the PPD who first proposed the idea that Robert Harrod was missing because he wanted to be.
Others have just speculated on that theory.

My personal opinion is that Robert H is no longer with us.

But like most everyone else, I waver between: well, maybe he could have gone missing, despite all evidence to the contrary
and
he is dead, maybe because of foul play.
I think that is what some posters on this thread do, hope that he is alive, and fearing he is dead.

As for his daughters, it has been said that they welcomed Fontelle and hoped that their dad would continue to be happy, as happy as he had been that prior six weeks or so.

The Sunday meeting, or fight, as some call it,
was about his continued delay in providing legal documents.
It had been a frustrating few years with a dad who had a lady friend, even before their mother passed away.
and their noticing some of his absent mindedness and becoming concerned
and
then loaning or giving money to the barber lady
and
then still no legal documents about their mother's estate,
over a year after her death.
Frustrating? Yes.
Enough to murder their own father? No.

Is there a conspiracy to keep silent among three daughters and their spouses? No.
IMO.

Exactly!

Bob Harrod is eighty-one-years-old. He had just remarried, and the very morning he disappeared had told the maid to come over.

The night before his three daughters had converged on his house and things got heated. It was about money. The next day BH disappears.

Within days BH's daughters file papers to be named conservators of the trust. They also start posting on a forum and say very unkind things about there father. The postings are not about organizing searches and asking for help.

Put the pieces of the puzzle together.
-------------------------------------------------------------

When I try to put the puzzle pieces together as per your suggestion above, no clear picture is found. For me.

Yes, Robert H did call the maid that morning to come over that afternoon.
and
Robert H also had his sil there to run errands and fix things around the house.

Yes, the night before his daughters met him to finalize paperwork after their mother's death 15 months previously.
Robert H and his daughters had scheduled this meeting time in advance, to receive their mother's will/trust paperwork.

Yes, Robert H disappeared the next day.

Yes, the daughters did file for conservatorship of their dad's trust.
They knew the outlines of their parents family trust and knew that the home's monthly expenses would need to come out of the trust, since he was missing. Since, Fontelle was not on the parent's trust, they also wanted to reimburse F for her moving expenses.
And then they also asked to use that money to help find their dad.

Yes, the daughters started to post about their dad on an open internet forum.
I think they started with sharing their concern over their dad's missing status and express apprecation for Fontelle, who had made their dad's life happier.
Then as the days passed, they began to share their frustration about their dad.
It let people take a look at the not so nice side of a family's life.
Most families have the shiny side the public sees and the private
side only the families know about. And they coexist.

IMO. I think they felt they were sharing. I don't think they had any idea their words would be thrown back into their faces.

It was the PPD who first proposed the idea that Robert Harrod was missing because he wanted to be.

But like most everyone else, I waver between: well, maybe he could have gone missing, despite all evidence to the contrary
and
I think that is what some posters on this thread do, hope that he is alive, and fearing he is dead.

As for his daughters, it has been said that they welcomed Fontelle and hoped that their dad would continue to be happy, as happy as he had been that prior six weeks or so.

It had been a frustrating few years with a dad who had a lady friend, even before their mother passed away.
and
and
Frustrating? Yes.

Is there a conspiracy to keep silent among three daughters and their spouses? No.
IMO.

I agree wholeheartedly with one exception -- that I think Bob is out there somewhere and thinking "I'll show them!"

I think he ran off overwhelmed over his recent hasty decisions and, like most seniors, is unable to confront things head on.

He was caught being scammed big time by the barber lady and making his middle age daughters wait more than a year to see their own mother's final wishes, and then getting married to a woman he essentially just met, less than a week prior.

I think, when he had a chance to think things over in his current state of mind, Bob was most likely going to "take it out on the world" but his tantrum backfired horribly somewhere along the way and is not getting the result he desired.

He's probably still too proud to admit what he has done to everyone.

IMHO, based on all that I have read. Unfortunately, there is no win-win either way this story unfolds.

I agree wholeheartedly with one exception -- that I think Bob is out there somewhere and thinking "I'll show them!"

I think he ran off overwhelmed over his recent hasty decisions and, like most seniors, is unable to confront things head on.

He was caught being scammed big time by the barber lady and making his middle age daughters wait more than a year to see their own mother's final wishes, and then getting married to a woman he essentially just met, less than a week prior.

I think, when he had a chance to think things over in his current state of mind, Bob was most likely going to "take it out on the world" but his tantrum backfired horribly somewhere along the way and is not getting the result he desired.

He's probably still too proud to admit what he has done to everyone.

IMHO, based on all that I have read. Unfortunately, there is no win-win either way this story unfolds.
================================================

I hope you are correct.
He does not know how to come back home.
And knowing
there will be heck to pay
with police, with daughters, with Fontelle,
what could he possibly say to explain the
whole thing.

Prayer said that Robert H be found safe.

and

and
and
Frustrating? Yes.
How do you know that? Kids kill their parents all the time over family conflicts.

How do you know that? Because they've been posting online and speaking to the press? Just because they've been talking doesn't mean they are telling the truth about what they know. And while they may have been talking, they haven't come across as having lovey feelings towards Bob.
IMO.

My answers in blue. And another poster said she couldn't imagine the daughters murdering their dad. Sad truth is you are more likely to be killed by a family member or someone close to family than anyone else.

Chances are that Bob is no longer with us but, sans a body or confession, no one knows for sure (except a possible assailant).

For whatever reason, Bob was dragging his feet about the paperwork and his daughters were hassling him to do what was required. I have no understanding of what that was all about but would love to be enlightened as to the specifics of Bob's reluctance. When we are pushed to do something, even though we might know that it needs to be done, there can be anger and resentment toward those holding us responsible. Bob may very well have felt that his back was against the wall in the situation.

After his marriage he continued to maintain contact with the barber which was a point of contention with the new wife. The barber was probably stunned to find out he had remarried and possibly not too happy. The opposing needs of these two women may have further caused Bob to feel cornered. Everyone wanted or needed something from him.

Bob may have fled all the demands and expectations. A healthy active man Bob's age would have little difficulty attracting women. His daughter(s) said that he was prone to being secretive so there may be another woman who is financially comfortable taking care of him.

Most people would not leave their comfortable homes and lives over a disagreement with their adult children, but throw in a disgruntled girlfriend and a new wife, who are at odds, and maybe his home was no longer his castle.

It is doubtful that Bob will ever get to use the door knocker but I would keep it up just in case. We can try to figure out who may have done what without abandonig the last sliver of hope his loved ones might have.

Chances are that Bob is no longer with us but, sans a body or confession, no one knows for sure (except a possible assailant).

For whatever reason, Bob was dragging his feet about the paperwork and his daughters were hassling him to do what was required. I have no understanding of what that was all about but would love to be enlightened as to the specifics of Bob's reluctance. When we are pushed to do something, even though we might know that it needs to be done, there can be anger and resentment toward those holding us responsible. Bob may very well have felt that his back was against the wall in the situation.

We don't know that BH was dragging his feet about anything.

After his marriage he continued to maintain contact with the barber which was a point of contention with the new wife. The barber was probably stunned to find out he had remarried and possibly not too happy. The opposing needs of these two women may have further caused Bob to feel cornered. Everyone wanted or needed something from him.

The barber is married. I have never seen anything that said Fontelle was upset about BH's relationship with the barber.

Bob may have fled all the demands and expectations. A healthy active man Bob's age would have little difficulty attracting women. His daughter(s) said that he was prone to being secretive so there may be another woman who is financially comfortable taking care of him.

Most people would not leave their comfortable homes and lives over a disagreement with their adult children, but throw in a disgruntled girlfriend and a new wife, who are at odds, and maybe his home was no longer his castle.

Who is the "disgruntled girlfriend"? How do you know there is a disgruntled girlfriend and she and Fontelle are "at odds"? Where are you getting this information and why are you posting it as if it were fact?

It is doubtful that Bob will ever get to use the door knocker but I would keep it up just in case. We can try to figure out who may have done what without abandonig the last sliver of hope his loved ones might have.

Where did a girlfriend come from? The barber and her husband have been cleared by the police. The only disgruntled people involved are the daughters IMO.

A comment on the 'disgruntled girlfriend'.

This only mentioned as an alternative theory about Robert H being missing.
That theory is, if he went missing, on his own, then, maybe, possibly,
only a theory, he might have another girlfriend.
It was an IMO.

The post by surelock was only in response to
trying out a different theory...what if.......?

In most missing persons cases, there are possible scenarios of what happened.

In some cases, there is blood spatter or trace evidence or dna, well, then it must be foul play.
In other cases, there is nothing. That person's car found in a parking lot, doors unlocked and the person has vanished.
The question is asked. Did they walk away from their life?
Did something happen to them?
And LE
takes a look at the missing persons background, cell phone calls, computer searches,
stressors in their life, and
formulate a theory.

In Robert Harrod's case,
he goes missing, there are no obvious signs of anything wrong.
There is no evidence found at his home.
He does not have a cell or a computer.
Police interview the people who were with Robert Harrod that day.
They interview the son in law, the housekeeper and the family.

LE looks at his life before he went missing:
His wife of over 50 years dies after a long illness.
He has taken to giving or loaning money.
He has some mild aging memory problems.
He reconnects with a girlfriend from back in 1950.
He decides to marry her after a whirlwind
visit by her in late June.
Media interviews are given.
The public is thrilled to hear about lost loves
reconnecting.
Robert is happy.
His new wife returns to her hometown to take care of
business, preparing for her new life with Robert, in CA.
He talks two times a day with his new wife.
He is busy making small repairs on the house, getting
it ready for his new wife.
There is some anecdotal talk that his barber lady friend
is still calling him.

Sun. July 26, his three daughters come over to
receive their copies of their mom's trust/will.
He does not have the copies for them.
They are annoyed.
He is upset.
Mon., July 27,
his sil is over at the house, doing small
repairs and making runs to the
local stores to get supplies.
Robert makes and receives phone
calls that morning.

And sometime late that afternoon,
Robert leaves his house,
willingly or unwillingly.

His car is in the driveway.
His eyeglasses are in the house.
His checkbook is in the house.
His car keys are missing.
His wallet is missing.
And so is Robert.

LE first theory is that Robert walked away from his life.
There were so many new changes in his life.
But, then there was no activity on his bank account.
No one heard from him.
LE's second theory, foul play, homicide.

Bob Harrod, age 81, is missing.

His three daughters went to his house the night before. Things got heated. It was about money.

Bob Harrod spoke to the housekeeper the day he went missing and told her to come.

The SIL went over to Bob Harrod's house the day BH went missing.

After he went missing his three daughters started posting on a forum. They posted very personal and unkind things about their father. They posted many unkind things about the barber woman who is their father's friend. They called the barber a POI. They also posted insinuations directed towards Fontelle.

Bob Harrod's daughter's filed papers asking to be named conservators of the trust within days of their father going missing.

The barber woman and her husband are the only people to be cleared by LE.

His three daughters went to his house the night before. Things got heated. It was about money.

Bob Harrod spoke to the housekeeper the day he went missing and told her to come.

After he went missing his three daughters started posting on a forum. They posted very personal and unkind things about their father. They posted many unkind things about the barber woman who is their father's friend. They called the barber a POI. They also posted insinuations directed towards Fontelle.

Bob Harrod's daughter's filed papers asking to be named conservators of the trust within days of their father going missing.

...do you know what a conservatorship is? It has nothing to do with a trust!

The LE may have stated that the woman and her husband have been cleared, that does not necessarily mean that the LE can disclose everything.
Thank you.

There seem to be a lot of people who might be disgruntled in this particular case.

For example, I detect that perhaps several NEW "family" members of Bob's ("A" & "SQ's"?) MAY BE posting accusations of murder against Bob's family members. They may be sorry, some day when the truth is told. I don't think Bob would be pleased at all. His supposed daughter's posts on IS and in the newspapers are no doubt things a normal honest daughter should be able to say to her father's face anyway so, I do not see them as having trashed their father at all.

Without presenting facts obtained directly from the Police, these postings are more transparent than convincing. Funny, that the newspaper never mentioned anything about "other" family members not being suspects (or being cleared)?

I would think the barber's husband must wonder what in the world his wife WAS doing to convince an elderly man to "loan" or give large sums of money. Now, there's another possible disgruntled individual, when you think about it realistically, unless he was also in on the sweetheart scam. Another question is, how will she repay the "loans" if Bob doesn't return? Are they really cleared? Are Bob's family really not suspects? I find it very interesting that the paper does NOT quote the police saying either about Bob's NEW family?

I warned both of my parents about scam artists and they understood I am being protective of them. So many sick individuals prey on the elderly these days and it is getting worse every day. There are a multitude of scams out there, it's frightening.

Hopefully, Bob will return to his home and everyone will find out he was not thinking clearly but was convinced it was his only alternative to relieve himself of scammers. (couldn't see the forest for the trees IMHO) I hope his daughters warned Bob about these types too.

=====================================================

I get what you are saying.
You think the daughters murdered their own father, somehow, someway,
somewhere.

IMO:
I do not.

LE would have checked their whereabouts that Monday.
I think if one of them was lingering at the local Denney's,
near Robert's home, then PPD would have asked for
a polygraph, searched cars, etc.
And if that happened, then PPD has not arrested them.
Or anybody, for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member