CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to point out the clarity of that bit of the timeline. Within 32 minutes of Mrs Harrod finding out her husband is missing, LE are on his doorstep.

Compared to;
11.00 hrs (according to report) Bob is noticed to be missing by family
21.00 hrs, they let his wife know.
Time they notified LE, if indeed they did, is unknown.

Uh, yeah it is lol.

Also- why the heck did the PPD had contact with AH to begin with? So you're saying FH said to the PPD when calling to make the MP report- AH has a key. And the PPD just went with that. So they called AH up and said can you meet us at your grandpa's with your key?? And then waited to enter the residence using the key?

This key scenario may drive me mad.

I dont think so. I think PPD said does anyone have a key? Then a key discussion ensued and someone called AH because he was physically closest and could get the key from trusted neighbor...assuming that trusted neighbor had the closest key, but I digress.

I dont think PPD called him. Someone did. Maybe his mother, maybe Mrs Harrod, maybe he called someone and said he would help. Maybe that gave him a chance to retrieve items he left there...I dont know.

Maybe he was so worried he demanded to be on site just in case something was found.

Uh, yeah it is lol.

Also- why the heck did the PPD had contact with AH to begin with? So you're saying FH said to the PPD when calling to make the MP report- AH has a key. And the PPD just went with that. So they called AH up and said can you meet us at your grandpa's with your key?? And then waited to enter the residence using the key?

This key scenario may drive me mad.

I noted AH was noted as a 'witness'. Do LE require a witness when entering a house to look for a missing/possibly injured person?

I noted AH was noted as a 'witness'. Do LE require a witness when entering a house to look for a missing/possibly injured person?

It has to be easier than breaking a window and proceeding on their own. Then they can question the witness, for example AH. And he helpfully pointed out that there was a heated family meeting the day before.

"AH explained to me that he had a key to his grandfather's residence and wanted officers to check the interior of Robert's home with him"

From LE report. I don't think LE called AH either. Or why would he have needed to explain why he was waiting on the driveway for them?

Note, the earlier part doesn't say he arrived to meet them. He was already waiting there. With a key. With his grandfather possibly lying injured inside.

ETA: Waiting outside on the driveway.

Note, the earlier part doesn't say he arrived to meet them. He was already waiting there. With a key. With his grandfather possibly lying injured inside.

Yes. See this is one of the places I get hung up.

So someone called AH.
Or AH was already there after getting a phone call not from the PPD or FH?

Also: "AH explained to me that he had a key...."

It may just be a use of words, but that doesn't really sound like he got it from a neighbour. It sounds like he had his own key to Bob's house, to me.

A key he received from trusted neighbor.

Holy Cow, zwiebel. It is suddenly very stark when you point it out that way.

I could be mistaken zwiebel. I am not like cloudajo or Angelo when it comes to the minutiae.

Either way, he met them with a key. :( Poor Bob.

I would have to be mortally- mortally - afraid of an 81-year-old grandparent (or what might be inside the house), to hang around waiting outside, with a key, if they could be hurt inside.

I'm not sure about the key either believe, I was just checking the LE report. I haven't cross referenced with our events/timeline.

First question: Oh yeah, I see.
Second question: Ah, you'll have to ask a PD buddy that one; they're usually pretty good judges of character..............Just joking. If you're crazy, we all are.

Physically, AH seems to be at the centre of events the night Bob disappeared, and also at the centre of the biggest loan/loss/borrowing from Bob's estate.

How did he get to the first position when it was his father who was the first one to notice Bob had gone missing?

Physically, AH seems to be at the centre of events the night Bob disappeared, and also at the centre of the biggest loan/loss/borrowing from Bob's estate.

How did he get to the first position when it was his father who was the first one to notice Bob had gone missing?

:thud:

Yeah. That's where I was going with that. And how did he have the key to the Harrod residence that his father likely had (imvho- possibly first)?

UGGHHH this makes me go back to routes of travel and timing.

*sigh* I am back down to the sar thread.

Don't forget to take the keys with you.........:)

I rarely lose my keys, but it has happened a couple of times for sure. ;)

And O/T but I just realized I am wearing one of my favorite teeshirts! It is a picture of a K9 that says:

You can grow it.
You can make it.
You can hide it.
We will find it.

We will find you, Mr. Harrod.

The reason for my interest in the 'welfare check' report is due to the usage of terminology specifically.

If I were calling a local PD to check on, say, my elderly and ill neighbor because I noticed they had not gone out to get their mail in two days, I might call our PD and say, hey I hate to bother you, but could you check on Ms. D at 123 Smith St?

But if I was woken up in the middle of the night by a noise next door that made me uncomfortable, I'd call the PD and say welfare check at 123 Smith St asap. Ya'll kwim?

Having done this in the past, what I said was something along the lines of "I believe So-and-so needs a welfare check because of <this reason and that>."

It may be a regional thing and everyone in Iowa would phrase it that way. Or it may be something I picked up along the way and no one else would phrase it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member