CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might also explain how AH got to know Bob was missing. Did JuM call him around the same time she called her sisters? If so, I would really have thought she would also have asked that he go around to Bob's house to check on him straight away.

You were correct about the welfare check by the way, believe09. We don't seem to have any msm sources for that. In fact, few of the hard and fast details of events that day/night seem to feature in msm. There are some time details of course, but the problem is, none of them are the same.

The line (zig zag?) of communication from JeM to, finally, LE and Bob's missing report - it sounds less like communication and more like five degrees of separation to me.

BBM zwiebel-it isnt just MSM sources here so much as it seems ridiculous to me that someone would call regarding an inability to get a hold of their very elderly father with bad knees and the police wouldnt do anything about it.

I think there was a claim about leaving messages on a vm? I would have to dig it out but am feeling a little lazy at the moment. "That dog dont hunt" for me.

This is an engaged department. It was all hands on deck once the MP report was filed by Mrs Harrod. Imagine if that process has started sooner, but it is what it is.

I just checked the police docs again. I wonder why Mrs Harrod's name is clearly stated as the reporting party for the missing person report, but the welfare check doesn't have a reporting party stated? LE will have kept some record of it, won't they?

Also, I have noticed Mrs Harrod's description of Bob has an identifying birthmark for him, but it isn't in the Namus details.

That Namus discrepancy is one I'm not questioning, incidentally. Daughter putting in those details would hardly be expected to know about the birthmark, given its position. But I would have hoped the mistake could have been amended at some point. It could have been important, once.

The chain of communication-a benign answer might be that Bob was still showing signs of anger towards his family while JeM was...well doing whatever JeM did. Maybe Bob was angry with AH too. So the "and they tell two" friends approach was because they were scared to approach Bob directly after winding him up the night before.

Or not.

Well the flurry of phone calls might explain that? :waitasec:
Can we create a couple of different scenarios of what may have happened, using Mr. Harrod's busy phone that morning as a base point? As in, who called who first- then who called, then who called whom etc. A phone tree, essentially. Maybe we could incorporate it into the timeline?

(O/T but I thought that might make you laugh, believe ;) )

That Namus discrepancy is one I'm not questioning, incidentally. Daughter putting in those details would hardly be expected to know about the birthmark, given its position. But I would have hoped the mistake could have been amended at some point. It could have been important, once.

Namus takes their info however they receive it. Discrepancies are (unfortunately) very frequent. I really wish we could correct that- it's so valuable to have accurate ID info.

I just checked the police docs again. I wonder why Mrs Harrod's name is clearly stated as the reporting party for the missing person report, but the welfare check doesn't have a reporting party stated? LE will have kept some record of it, won't they?

Also, I have noticed Mrs Harrod's description of Bob has an identifying birthmark for him, but it isn't in the Namus details.

The welfare check is definately on file somewhere. I wondered also why the reporting party isn't stated. At the very least, dispatch would have the reporting name or party. So why was the MP report made accessible, but the welfare check not?

Oriah, do you know you really can have a phone tree? I've seen one. Done for work, rather than investigation purposes. Nothing like a tree though really.

The welfare check is definately on file somewhere. I wondered also why the reporting party isn't stated. At the very least, dispatch would have the reporting name or party. So why was the MP report made accessible, but the welfare check not?

I can check out this part, but I though Mrs Harrod called to make a MP report but PD said she needed to request a welfare check first.

Oriah, do you know you really can have a phone tree? I've seen one. Done for work, rather than investigation purposes. Nothing like a tree though really.

Your post brought this to mind...

telephone-tree.gif

I can check out this part, but I though Mrs Harrod called to make a MP report but PD said she needed to request a welfare check first.

So just to make certain I have this correct...

JuM called FH to say call PPD and request a MP report on my dad, your husband. Then FH called PPD and said I'd like to make a MP report. And PPD said call someone else to make a welfare check. So FH called AH and AH said I'll do a welfare check with PPD.

Have I got this yet?

And eta- no one had a key and the doors were locked. Or there was another spare key floating around. Is that correct?

The question for me is in our story, who is the dude hanging by one arm? ;)

So just to make certain I have this correct...

JuM called FH to say call PPD and request a MP report on my dad, your husband. Then FH called PPD and said I'd like to make a MP report. And PPD said call someone else to make a welfare check. So FH called AH and AH said I'll do a welfare check with PPD.

Have I got this yet?

I dont think so. I think it went something like, JuM calls FH and says make a MP report on your husband. FH calls PPD and they say hold off we should do a welfare check first. At some point someone tells AH, who is closest, to meet PD at the house for the walk through. Then there is key drama. Welfare check uncovers no sign of Bob so FH files the MP report.

I am sure there were many other calls back and forth during and in between....

I dont think so. I think it went something like, JuM calls FH and says make a MP report on your husband. FH calls PPD and they say hold off we should do a welfare check first. At some point someone tells AH, who is closest, to meet PD at the house for the walk through. Then there is key drama. Welfare check uncovers no sign of Bob so FH files the MP report.

I am sure there were many other calls back and forth during and in between....

Why would PPD contact AH for a welfare check?

Why would PPD contact AH for a welfare check?

Uh uh. Someone local had to meet PPD at the house with keys, right? AH was, presumably, physically closest. I guess he was nominated to meet PPD at the house with keys. For the welfare check. IIRC, keys were with trusted neighbor.

This is going to take us back to the key and lock discussion isnt it, lol.

According to LE reports:

Approx 21.00 hrs, FH informed by JuM Bob is missing.

21.32 hrs, Welfare check with AH

22.00 hrs, An LE officer was 'called to the front desk' to investigate missing person.

According to LE reports:

Approx 21.00 hrs, FH informed by JuM Bob is missing.

21.32 hrs, Welfare check with AH

22.00 hrs, An LE officer was 'called to the front desk' to investigate missing person.

Makes sense then, imo. Welfare check was initiated by Mrs Harrod I think. I doubt she waited an hour to call in the MP report.

Uh uh. Someone local had to meet PPD at the house with keys, right? AH was, presumably, physically closest. I guess he was nominated to meet PPD at the house with keys. For the welfare check. IIRC, keys were with trusted neighbor.

This is going to take us back to the key and lock discussion isnt it, lol.

Uh, yeah it is lol.

Also- why the heck did the PPD have contact with AH to begin with? So you're saying FH said to the PPD when calling to make the MP report- AH has a key. And the PPD just went with that. So they called AH up and said can you meet us at your grandpa's with your key?? And then waited to enter the residence using the key?

This key scenario may drive me mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member