Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will never give up.
They will never surrender.
They-Oops, I'm pinching Churchill and I've just remembered FrayedKnot and believe09 both have an interest. They're bound to spot it.

I like your little poem anyway, Oriah. Give those K9ers a treat from me.

I would have to be mortally- mortally - afraid of an 81-year-old grandparent (or what might be inside the house), to hang around waiting outside, with a key, if they could be hurt inside.

I'm not sure about the key either believe, I was just checking the LE report. I haven't cross referenced with our events/timeline.

I can't imagine being physically afraid of your very elderly grandparent. But I can imagine being afraid of what you might find.

Maybe whoever called AH and said go check on your grand dad, had more information about the situation than they shared with AH at the time?

Having done this in the past, what I said was something along the lines of "I believe So-and-so needs a welfare check because of <this reason and that>."

It may be a regional thing and everyone in Iowa would phrase it that way. Or it may be something I picked up along the way and no one else would phrase it that way.

Not sleuthing but you kind of had connections with authorities maybe? Is it something a 'regular' person from your state would say? Is there such a thing as a welfare officer in the US?

I just recall there were in England, many years ago, and people in those days would refer to 'welfare checks'. I think they eventually became social workers. Not sure though.

I'd do it myself too, actually. But then again I'm buds with our PD. ;)

Going off of my scenario- if I were knocking on my locked neighbors' door and not getting an answer, I'd be calling the PD. Not another relative, to call another relative, to call another relative, to have that relative call the local PD.

So where exactly did that breakdown occur? Obviously not with FH, since she is the one who eventually called.
Why the need for so much communication between family members?

I wonder about cell communication between JeM and AH during that time frame (since we're working on timelines.)

And that might explain the key situation.

BBM

Definitely agree. Once I felt that suspicion that something may be wrong, I'd go directly to the PD that could immediately take action. After calling that PD, I'd wait to hear what they had to say before calling anyone else because I wouldn't want to worry anyone else unnecessarily. For instance, no reason to get the whole family in an uproar if the PD discovered my hypothetical father was enjoying a glass of wine in the peace and quiet of his own backyard, away from the sound of the telephone. I wouldn't call the rest of the family until I had clearer picture of what was going on.

That whole calling thing seemed to me to be quite odd. It looked less like concern for Bob's wellbeing and more like confirming his disappearance.

I noted AH was noted as a 'witness'. Do LE require a witness when entering a house to look for a missing/possibly injured person?

Nope.

In Iowa, they usually go out in pairs, so I suppose each partner could act as witness for the other partner if any improper conduct were later made.

Not sleuthing but you kind of had connections with authorities maybe? Is it something a 'regular' person from your state would say? Is there such a thing as a welfare officer in the US?

I just recall there were in England, many years ago, and people in those days would refer to 'welfare checks'. I think they eventually became social workers. Not sure though.

Yes, the word 'welfare' has several different meanings in the US. It can refer to the wellbeing of a given person (or organisation) or it can refer to government financial assistance.

I honestly don't know what a regular Iowan would say. I had a job in the past where I had fairly regular LE contact, so I may have picked it up then. Or it may be a regional thing; I've never run across anyone who didn't understand what I meant when I said "a welfare check on So-and-so."

There are some hard questions around the events surrounding the day of Bob's disappearance, imo;

1) Why didn't the first family member to realise Bob was missing wait in Bob's house to see if he returned and/or notify family and authorities - while he was still in the house - that Bob was missing?

2) Did the first family member to realise Bob was missing ask the CL if Bob had given her any clues that he might be going anywhere?

3) Why didn't any of Bob's bio family, who lived in the same state, report him missing?

4) Why did Bob's bio family wait 10 hours to inform Bob's wife that he was missing (from the LE-report)?

5) Why did the son of the first person to notice Bob had gone missing, wait for LE before entering Bob's house?

6) Why did the wife of the first person to notice Bob had gone missing, enter the house without LE the next day?

7) The first person to notice Bob was missing did not return next day to finish the house repairs because Bob was missing. Why did his wife return there to change the linens?

8) Why didn't every member of Bob's immediate family undertake a full-scale search of the local area for him, the next day?

9) Who was responsible for telling LE that Bob might have had dementia and wandered off, or might have got cold feet over his recent marriage and run away?

10) Who was responsible for the original description of what Bob was wearing?

11) Has everybody close to this case been asked to take a lie detector test, and have they done so?

12) Is PPD happy with all the co-operation and information they have been given in this case?

13) Is everyone close to the case happy with all the co-operation and information they have provided to LE, in this case?

14) Has anyone close to this case threatened or tried to obstruct anyone asking questions about it?

So, who called AH and had he already entered and exited the residence?

There are some hard questions around the events surrounding the day of Bob's disappearance, imo;

1) Why didn't the first family member to realise Bob was missing wait in Bob's house to see if he returned and/or notify family and authorities - while he was still in the house - that Bob was missing?

2) Did the first family member to realise Bob was missing ask the CL if Bob had given her any clues that he might be going anywhere?

3) Why didn't any of Bob's bio family, who lived in the same state, report him missing?

4) Why did Bob's bio family wait 10 hours to inform Bob's wife that he was missing (from the LE-report)?

5) Why did the son of the first person to notice Bob had gone missing, wait for LE before entering Bob's house?

6) Why did the wife of the first person to notice Bob had gone missing, enter the house without LE the next day?

7) The first person to notice Bob was missing did not return next day to finish the house repairs because Bob was missing. Why did his wife return there to change the linens?

8) Why didn't every member of Bob's immediate family undertake a full-scale search of the local area for him, the next day?

9) Who was responsible for telling LE that Bob might have had dementia and wandered off, or might have got cold feet over his recent marriage and run away?

10) Who was responsible for the original description of what Bob was wearing?

11) Has everybody close to this case been asked to take a lie detector test, and have they done so?

12) Is PPD happy with all the co-operation and information they have been given in this case?

13) Is everyone close to the case happy with all the co-operation and information they have provided to LE, in this case?

14) Has anyone close to this case threatened or tried to obstruct anyone asking questions about it?

Yep. We were posting at the same time.

BBM

Definitely agree. Once I felt that suspicion that something may be wrong, I'd go directly to the PD that could immediately take action. After calling that PD, I'd wait to hear what they had to say before calling anyone else because I wouldn't want to worry anyone else unnecessarily. For instance, no reason to get the whole family in an uproar if the PD discovered my hypothetical father was enjoying a glass of wine in the peace and quiet of his own backyard, away from the sound of the telephone. I wouldn't call the rest of the family until I had clearer picture of what was going on.

That whole calling thing seemed to me to be quite odd. It looked less like concern for Bob's wellbeing and more like confirming his disappearance.

Or, I would go over myself. I might even leave work early.

Is PPD happy with all the co-operation and information they have been given in this case?

LE Cooperated with Disappeared. I would say they feel there are some gaps in their information, and they hope those gaps will be filled in by someone. Because clearly folks inside of the investigation havent filled in those gaps. JMVHO.
Has anyone close to this case threatened or tried to obstruct anyone asking questions about it?

Please tell me you havent made it onto this list, zwiebel?

LE Cooperated with Disappeared. I would say they feel there are some gaps in their information, and they hope those gaps will be filled in by someone. Because clearly folks inside of the investigation havent filled in those gaps. JMVHO.

Hope you aren't hinting this is a reserved membership club or something.

Seriously, I don't think so. I'd have to check to know for certain, and I haven't. I wouldn't care if I was though - I'm a vegetarian, living in Germany. I'm fearless.

Except, I live in continual fear of conversation about Bob being shut down, and would go to almost any lengths to make sure that doesn't happen. Until he's found.

I have been sleuthed though. Someone has walked into my (admittedly unlocked) house and taken pictures and plastered them on the web.

Before you panic on my behalf, it's an historian. Documenting historic houses, before they crumble into nothing!!! The humiliation of it! I don't live in that part of the house; I have done weeks of work getting it into the state it's in now before I fully renovate, and now it's all over the web, looking like I've left it to rot. Grrrr.

I'm going to have to track the guy down when it's renovated; just to ask him to post the 'after' pic alongside his 'before'.

It involves renovating stalagnites?? Just try posting that question on any forums, and see what happens! That's why it's taken me so long (for anyone who ever sees those flipping pics on the web).

I added to my signature for when I'm on other cases, to let people know about Bob's Disappearance episode. Is it too big? Too red??? How can I make it more attractive??? I want the word out.

I think it's fine. Don't ask Cubby or believe that question though. They'll say make it bigger, make it redder!

Isn't it great news, Seajay?

I think it's fine. Don't ask Cubby or believe that question though. They'll say make it bigger, make it redder!

Isn't it great news, Seajay?

I'm so excited. I want everyone to know. I've been in other cases and posting to make sure that everyone interested gets a chance to see it. I want attention brought to this case.

About who the family got ahold of and when. If my parent was missing the first thing I would do is call other family members to find out if they heard from him or know where he went. Then I'd start looking for him at places I think he might be. Then I would call the police. In the meantime, the rest of my family would be calling like crazy to want an update and I would insist some of them show up and help me look. I don't think it would take me 10 hours before calling LE though. And I certainly wouldn't wait to show up the next day. JMO

Pinched your idea Seajay. Sorry. :)

Have at it, the more of us who do this, the more attention called to his case. I hope everyone who sees it does something like it to get the word out.

Do you ever hear anything locally about Bob's case, Seajay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery