CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my meanderings today, I discovered February 18th is Family Day in Canada. Is it celebrated in the US too?

Idk, wish I did though. Sounds like a heck of a better holiday than a lot of others we celebrate.

Is there another one? I had no idea. Nothing to do with me, facebook isn't my thing. All this IP address collection seems so strange to me - I can't see how it helps find Bob at all.

It is fairly common for internet savvy perps to check and re-check sources of info on their crime, as a means of judging what LE may or may not know about the crime.

In some cases, perps dredge for IP addresses in order to threaten potential sleuths that are getting a little too close to home in their theorising.

I have come to the conclusion, fwiw, that there are a lot of people in this world that just want to be heard. And I am all for it. Everyone deserves respect and sometimes it seems scary to reach out to LE, right?

You are very wise, Believe09. Very, very wise. It is an honour to read your posts.

O/T and don't want to detract from Mr. Harrod's case- but what do ya'll think is in poor form or a violation of rights, that sort of thing, regarding capturing IP addresses from websites?

Every web page or site is owned somewhere, by someone. And that owner- whether it's a singular owner, multiple owners, or a company or organization etc- is ultimately responsible for what occurs on their website should LE or even a civil suit become involved. (Gitana, I am calling out for you again! Can you confirm?)

This, as I understand it, is why FB assists LE. FB has already learned the hard way, that they are accountable because they are primary owners? :waitasec: But that doesn't change the fact that their membership agrees to personal responsibility.

That's my understanding, fwiw!

I think website owners are protected under the same law that protects ISPs from liability for whatever their subscribers send in email. ISPs and websites have to turn over anything LE subpoenas but they are not liable beyond that.

It is fairly common for internet savvy perps to check and re-check sources of info on their crime, as a means of judging what LE may or may not know about the crime.

In some cases, perps dredge for IP addresses in order to threaten potential sleuths that are getting a little too close to home in their theorising.

That could be a very good way of finding out the theorising is going in the right direction. Very helpful, even though it's not meant to be. Every cloud does have a silver lining, after all. :)

Anyone who was sleuthed, can you remember what was being discussed here at the time? Maybe it's a topic we should revisit?

I was puzzling over the timeline as I walked the dog this morning. There was a sort of doubt in the back of my mind about taking the cliff path in icy conditions but I wasn't concentrating.

You know those slapstick moments in movies where someone slips and goes up in the air and lands with a big thump, flat on their back, legs in the air? Well, from the floor end it's not as funny as it looks from an upright position, I can tell you.

If 'Disappeared' manages to shed new light on the timeline, it will make my day.

Anyone who was sleuthed, can you remember what was being discussed here at the time? Maybe it's a topic we should revisit?

Many times, to me, it seems as if any discussion regarding AH brings out some intensity and a need to derail.

I was puzzling over the timeline as I walked the dog this morning. There was a sort of doubt in the back of my mind about taking the cliff path in icy conditions but I wasn't concentrating.

You know those slapstick moments in movies where someone slips and goes up in the air and lands with a big thump, flat on their back, legs in the air? Well, from the floor end it's not as funny as it looks from an upright position, I can tell you.

If 'Disappeared' manages to shed new light on the timeline, it will make my day.

OOOO-ouch. I hope you are ok??

Many times, to me, it seems as if any discussion regarding AH brings out some intensity and a need to derail.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Also, I don't think discussions about the estate are welcome. Bob himself, and his missing status..........oblivious, imo.

Ouch! That's not wounded pride, that's just wounded!
One time I was out with a dog and stepped into a hole in the ground. Tripped, brought dog down with me (he was on lead.) I had laughing fit, dog attacked me with love, it was hilarious. But ankle still hurt.

Moral of story- be careful! And your back might need attention.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Also, I don't think discussions about the estate are welcome. Bob himself, and his missing status..........oblivious, imo.

I think that's a very good point. So let's talk about AH? Maybe 24 hrs before to 24 hrs after and try to establish a timeline for AH alone?

JeM has an alibi of sorts-his wife, the CL and tape from Home Depot. Unfortunately for him, his wife puts him in the house when it seems likely Bob disappeared. I am sure that has been cleaned up for LE since then.

We know where AH was for part of the story because of the MP and Incident reports. Does or did he work from home I wonder? He has a company listed as his, although I believe his depo might indicate he is employed now outside of the home. Or at least at the time of the deposition.

Sheesh-think he retired too? Wait, no, that was his beef with his aunts.

JeM has an alibi of sorts-his wife, the CL and tape from Home Depot. Unfortunately for him, his wife puts him in the house when it seems likely Bob disappeared. I am sure that has been cleaned up for LE since then.

We know where AH was for part of the story because of the MP and Incident reports. Does or did he work from home I wonder? He has a company listed as his, although I believe his depo might indicate he is employed now outside of the home. Or at least at the time of the deposition.

Sheesh-think he retired too? Wait, no, that was his beef with his aunts.

JeM has no alibi (imvho) because his backup is one of Mr. Harrod's daughters(?!) And re: AH- Isn't there a 4 hr time lag in there? And of course- there's the time lag that occurred after the 'Heated Family Meeting' but before the info was gathered and exchanged between JeM and JuM. That's really not much of an alibi either, kwim?

If JeM was working from home, then maybe we could look back at other internet postings with time stamps? (zwiebel, great idea there!)

I guess he must be in regular, well-paid, stable employment now, in order to have borrowed to buy another house; a much better one than Windflower, I believe a relative posted. Unless he purchased outright, though I would have thought he would have been able to settle any debts to Bob, if that was the case.

I don't think Bob would have set the same criteria as a bank, for lending, so maybe AH was self-employed and worked from home sometimes, if he felt like it? I know some people who work from home who have two phone lines - one for business, one private. A business line from home would be publicly listed I'd think, and might show up in old listings. 2009 wasn't that long ago.

Unless you've been wishing for a missing person to return. Then it must seem like a long, long time.

Looks like we are still on track for the hearing 1/16/2013 at 9AM.

Would it be possible to set up separate timelines for JeM, JuM, AH, P, and R? Just so we have them differentiated in a new and clean format that we could then sort of cross over to look at?

Would it be possible to set up separate timelines for JeM, JuM, AH, P, and R? Just so we have them differentiated in a new and clean format that we could then sort of cross over to look at?

That is a great idea. We could put them in the Time lines thread.

Some are going to be very gappy but it is probably a good idea if we have them ready anyway - Disappeared might help us fill in the spaces.

Don't think I'll be walking the cliff path while we're doing it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member