CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wanted to bump some phone #'s for everyone working on Mr. Harrod's case in the event someone has information:

Det. Dave Radomski: 714-993-8176 or 714-993-8166
Snail mailing addy for the PD is 401 E. Chapman Ave, Placentia CA 92870

Piggybacking off of Oriah's post.

Piggybacking off of Oriah's post.

Thanks, believe- I should have added the (011-USA) calling code if calling from another country. With so many readers and posters worldwide, that's probably important. Something I've been meaning to add to the SAR thread, but might as well put it here too.

Are you referring to another empty facebook page? Someone alerted me to another one popping up, but I havent had time to check it out. I just assumed that it was another means of gathering IP addresses, lol. In my humble opinion, I felt the first one (after it was turned over by Dreamweaver) was used solely for that purpose.

Is it something you set up? :blushing: My apologies for being skeptical of it....

Is there another one? I had no idea. Nothing to do with me, facebook isn't my thing. All this IP address collection seems so strange to me - I can't see how it helps find Bob at all.

Then I am missing what everyone else is getting, lol. Not a huge surprise given my lack of web savvy. :)

BBM: WHAT????
There's IP tracing everywhere- whether it's paid for privately or not- it exists, lol!

Oh, all right then. I should have admitted it in the first place - I have no idea and didn't ask for that function because it didn't occur to me, and I don't know what I'd do with a load of IP addresses if I had them. I'm just presuming I haven't got it because I didn't ask. I'll find out as soon as I can.....

Whatever the answer is I wouldn't plaster them all over the web, for certain. I think that reflects badly on the people who do it and the websites which allow it. And I can't see at all how it will help find Bob - I don't think he's going to be found on the end of any of them, I'm afraid.

Then I am missing what everyone else is getting, lol. Not a huge surprise given my lack of web savvy. :)

Your web savvy is just fine, lol! IP addresses are like a GPS for the internet. Such a huge tool in this day and age when most everyone has connectivity of some sort. (Personally, my eyes have been opened by Wii!)

Whatever the answer is I wouldn't plaster them all over the web, for certain. I think that reflects badly on the people who do it and the websites which allow it. And I can't see at all how it will help find Bob - I don't think he's going to be found on the end of any of them, I'm afraid.

That is what separates you, and I etc from the people who are more worried about covering their hides because of malfeasance I suspect. :blowkiss:

Oh, all right then. I should have admitted it in the first place - I have no idea and didn't ask for that function because it didn't occur to me, and I don't know what I'd do with a load of IP addresses if I had them. I'm just presuming I haven't got it because I didn't ask. I'll find out as soon as I can.....

Whatever the answer is I wouldn't plaster them all over the web, for certain. I think that reflects badly on the people who do it and the websites which allow it. And I can't see at all how it will help find Bob - I don't think he's going to be found on the end of any of them, I'm afraid.[/quote]

Send them to the PPD! You never know.

Thanks, believe- I should have added the (011-USA) calling code if calling from another country. With so many readers and posters worldwide, that's probably important. Something I've been meaning to add to the SAR thread, but might as well put it here too.

Now, a snail mail address is something I do understand. Thanks for the useful information. I can operate a pen without many technical difficulties too.

If anybody is familiar with 'Disappeared', can you tell me if the programme puts up the LE contact details at the end? Sometimes the programmes must get quite a response, I'm guessing.

If anybody is familiar with 'Disappeared', can you tell me if the programme puts up the LE contact details at the end? Sometimes the programmes must get quite a response, I'm guessing.

I think so, yes. National media will typically get a wave of responses...families do too. If the family has an accessible phone number and address, then they can expect to receive some tips as well.

The key is turning everything back to LE. Just to give you an example, zwiebel, I receive tips on all kinds of cases all of the time. The hot link in my siggy is accessible to guests and sleuthers alike. Some of the tips I receive request anonymity, which is no problem, and that is how I present it to LE.

How fantastic to be able to help. I would love to be able to contribute something that helps bring Bob home. I would certainly pass on any info straight to LE if I were to receive any. I can't see me being the first port of call for anyone though!

I hope any and all information Bob's 'Disappeared' provokes does get to LE. His case needs to be solved so badly now and nobody should let him down.

Just to make it clear, tips arent the reason why I put my email addy in my signature. :)

In a way, I think Bob has been very lucky to get his case aired on Disappeared. When I think of all the missing people there are, very few can get enough msm attention, let alone an entire programme to themselves. I am guessing someone worked quite hard behind the scenes, to bring Bob's case to the programme makers' attention. Whoever you are, thank you.

As is frequently the case, it is going to come down to those few simple pieces of the puzzle that make everything fall into place. It would be nice to have that done prior to the show airing-I think that some folks are going to feel the heat from the court of public opinion. But this time, perhaps, friends, neighbors, fellow church goers and the like....people who have been presented a different perspective perhaps will have some questions once this plays out.

If it were me, I think I would be desperate to deflect from those kinds of questions. I might be tempted even to do something grand to make it seem as if I had really cared about this case and justice all along.

JMVHO, but I am expecting some kind of grand gesture from someone.

I wish it would be solved with no need to run the show. :(

The smallest gesture towards clarifying that timeline would be something.

I spoke too soon about the pen, by the way. I have a graphic tablet and just can't draw a straight line with the pen on the screen. It is just like a normal pen too except it doesn't have ink, of course. I've been trying to make maps with routes and circles but they look like a game of snakes and ladders, played by people with blindfolds on. It's a shame. I thought it was going to be so useful, and 'user-friendly', as they say.

Just to make it clear, tips arent the reason why I put my email addy in my signature. :)

Lol, because tips are the reason why I DON'T have my email in my siggy. You have my immense respect for that- because I know how crazy it can get- and then having to follow up on everything- the time crunch becomes almost impossible.

Lol, because tips are the reason why I DON'T have my email in my siggy. You have my immense respect for that- because I know how crazy it can get- and then having to follow up on everything- the time crunch becomes almost impossible.

I have come to the conclusion, fwiw, that there are a lot of people in this world that just want to be heard. And I am all for it. Everyone deserves respect and sometimes it seems scary to reach out to LE, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24