CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be getting it after the East Coast by 3 hours, so I imagine that most of the discussion on it will already been done. Because I'm on the West Coast, I stay away from the boards until I've seen it. Years ago, I realized if I read up on it before I saw it, I didn't know what they were talking about and then later it ruined it for me. All my comments will be hours after everyone else's and usually by then, everything has been said and I can add nothing.

Want us to agree to not talk until it has been aired on all timezones? Many of us here, including me, are unlikely to see it right away on East Coast time. It will be hard but EVERYONE should be heard. Everyone. Sleuthers, lurkers, PE, CL, everyone...

This is a democracy so everyone would have to vote for it, though.

WAIT A MINUTE-I have an idea...

We could dissect it off of the board in the chat areas and then come back upstairs when everyone has seen it.

Thoughts?

ETA: Nope, that wouldnt work. Lurkers wouldnt be able to participate, and be energized by the discussion.

I'm not going to be able to see it the night it airs and will have someone record it for me to watch at a later date. Because of that, I won't be able to participate in the discussion on the actual night it airs.

(....and I am sure I will probably want to watch it a few times as there may be things I miss the first time around. )

Want us to agree to not talk until it has been aired on all timezones? Many of us here, including me, are unlikely to see it right away on East Coast time. It will be hard but EVERYONE should be heard. Everyone. Sleuthers, lurkers, PE, CL, everyone...

This is a democracy so everyone would have to vote for it, though.

Either way is fine with me. Whichever the majority decides. FWIW, I probably won't be able to watch it prior to the 24th.

As someone who won't be able to watch it until long after all of you.........I think it's best we just muddle through like we usually do. There is nearly always someone here, 24 hours a day, to make a post, and I don't want Bob to miss a single minute of his moment in the sun. I don't want to see people who have waited so long for this moment having to wait a moment more to discuss it, either. OR, even worse, having lurkers having to look elsewhere for up-to-the-minute info.

I don't think it is a discussion that will exactly be over in a page or two, either. So I'm sticking to my original intention; I am going to sit here on the thread, on the night, waiting. Seajay, if you want to join me, this seat on my left hand side is free! (right hand side is already booked by several lurkers who will never join this thread but are very interested/helping to bring Bob and other missing people home).

And you are not really lurkers; you are guests, guests. If any of you viewing now want to join before the big day, please do. You are very welcome on Bob's thread.

Yikes! I'm glad your dog is ok.

I've experienced several similar experiences with poorly trained or inexperienced K9 handlers (particularly in airports, lol.)
Post 9/11, a lot more LEA's got more K9's in a very short period of time, and were also shorted the amount of time training usually takes out of necessity. Not a good situation for working dogs and their handlers in the long run, because cases like Mr. Harrod's- where a forensic K9 will be really useful at this point- has already been contaminated by peoples' experiences with poorly trained handlers or dogs. And that gets translated to DA's, kwim? :(

Something I have noticed in all fields of dog training is that handlers who train their own dogs are generally better handlers and their dogs work better than handlers who buy dogs already trained. A lot of LE in my area got ready trained dogs and it really, really shows. A lot of those dogs are basically bluffs to get suspects to admit "you're right, you don't have to bring the dog..."

So at the initial hearing, do you think the co-conservators said that the trust had a nearly $4000 drop in income because a family member decided not to pay rent? I'm just wondering because it doesn't make the conservators look very effective, imo.

I am guessing that conservators/attorneys' fees/monthly deficits are all coming out of the cash reserves of Bob's trust at the moment. I wonder what will happen if that runs out. Will conservators be allowed to start selling off properties? And which property will they want to sell first, if that's the case?

I don't know if the co-conservators admitted to that deficit or not. In any case, it doesn't matter since that was a condition already established when they made the agreement with Fontelle that they are now trying to weasel out of.

Has anyone checked to see if Windflower is listed for sale?

From the legal documents we have it seems Mrs Harrod is getting her rightful support, RB and PB are drawing co-conservators' fees, and lawyers and PIs are being paid.

But JuM doesn't seem to be entitled to anything at all. I wonder how she feels about that? It doesn't seem fair to me that one sister is treated differently from the others.

It almost makes it appear as though JuM has been 'struck off' and gained nothing but the memorabilia stuff, when Bob disappeared. And isn't complaining. That makes her appear very understanding and unmercenary.

Of course, when and if Bob is declared dead, I'm sure she will be entitled to her full share of the family trust, along with her sisters.

She didn't benefit except for the $600K that her son, AH, walked away from. I suspect that at least two out of the three sisters agreed that the unpaid loan would come out of JuM's third of the estate.

I woke up this morning absolutely 100 per cent convinced I had dreamed the whole thing. Not only that, I was sure it must be a 'sign' that all my fears had come true and the programme had been withdrawn/lost/suspended/stolen by the fairies.

believe09, I don't know how you managed to not say to me yesterday, 'I told you so,' because you certainly should have done!

I don't know if the co-conservators admitted to that deficit or not. In any case, it doesn't matter since that was a condition already established when they made the agreement with Fontelle that they are now trying to weasel out of.

Has anyone checked to see if Windflower is listed for sale?

Doesn't appear to be, unless it is listed privately. According to zillow it was last sold in June 1999 for $270,000.
2006 was the high point in price, hitting a value of around $650,000
It now has an estimated value between $378-498,000.
Rental estimate per month is $2443.
Values are now creeping up again in this area.

I meant to say this before but I'm not sure if I did; It appears to me that Bob was very sensible with property. He bought for the long-term, when prices were rising but before they peaked, paid for them, then rented. He certainly didn't appear to overborrow and ever find himself in a situation where he couldn't meet payments and had to sell in a falling market, with a loss.

So it seemed a little bit of a slur to me, when AH suggested that borrowing six or seven hundred thousand dollars on a house worth half that, was all Bob's idea. This is just my opinion of course, and I could be wrong. But given that AH had such difficulty recalling all that borrowing/repayment stuff, I'm just wondering if it's possible he has 'misremembered' whose bright idea it was in the first place.

Hi Bob Gang. That's thoughtful of you to want to wait for me but I don't think it's fair to any guests or to any of you who have waited so long for this day. I'm so excited about it. I want to know what the CL says, and get a better visual "fix" on the events leading up to his disappearance.

But everyone should be able to post about it at their first opportunity. It seems like lots of us will be straggling in after the fact, so it seems most of us are in the same boat anyway. We'll just discuss it when we discuss it. see what we see and talk about what we think.

Love you guys for thinking of me though. Please, everyone just do what you were gonna do before I started whining. :)

I woke up this morning absolutely 100 per cent convinced I had dreamed the whole thing. Not only that, I was sure it must be a 'sign' that all my fears had come true and the programme had been withdrawn/lost/suspended/stolen by the fairies.

believe09, I don't know how you managed to not say to me yesterday, 'I told you so,' because you certainly should have done!

Zwie, you should be able to see it on YouTube within a day or two of it's airing. Hopefully. Or maybe even online at the website. I'm not sure if they show full episodes at ID but there are other ways for you to see it before it would air in the U.K.

I can't wait for Feb. 18th. Hopefully we will get a better timeline and a closer look at those "home repairs".

I can't wait for Feb. 18th. Hopefully we will get a better timeline and a closer look at those "home repairs".

You've been waiting longer than any of us, Angelo. I'm hoping you get some answers this time.

Does anyone think Dreamweaver might also like to know about the date of the show?

a sleuther sent me this, and I appreciate it:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/episode/disappeared/long-lost-love/

I requested clarification from Disappeared as to what the title of the episode is and the actual airdate. I am pretty certain that MSNBC has the wrong air date, but we will see! :)

The more I look at it, the more clear it is that it is probably a mistake:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/disappeared/

New shows air on Mondays, so it should be 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25

The good news is that MSM is starting to pick up the information...YAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee