CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'They state an “understanding” that F doesn’t reside in the residence many months of the year, and the home “sits unoccupied while it could and should be generating income in the form of rent for the HFT.'

Does this statement in the court document disturb anybody else? How do the co-conservators know that? Did F tell them? Or is it possible - and I can hardly believe it can be - that the PI hired to provide 'general milestones' on the search for Bob, was actually diverted to investigate how often Mrs Harrod was at home? That really would be the height of irony if true, given that those investigations might well have been funded by Bob's own money.

What disturbed me the most about this, is that this is Mr. Harrod's residence.

It makes no difference if he leaves his residence vacant or not- or rents it out- or his wife leaves it vacant for periods of time. It's no ones business but their own. Certainly not the business of the trust.

I wonder who (should FH leave) they'd be 'renting' it out to?
My guess- no one.

'They state an “understanding” that F doesn’t reside in the residence many months of the year, and the home “sits unoccupied while it could and should be generating income in the form of rent for the HFT.'

Does this statement in the court document disturb anybody else? How do the co-conservators know that? Did F tell them? Or is it possible - and I can hardly believe it can be - that the PI hired to provide 'general milestones' on the search for Bob, was actually diverted to investigate how often Mrs Harrod was at home? That really would be the height of irony if true, given that those investigations might well have been funded by Bob's own money.

BBM. Interesting you came up with the same suspicions regarding the PI that I did. IMO, the PI hired to provide 'general milestones' was actually hired to dig dirt on whomever the daughters wished to point fingers at.

I have a feeling LE knows exactly who is and has misled the investigation into Bob's disappearance. I strongly believe at some point LE will be making multiple arrests and deals will be made for testimony against the person with the main charges. I just wonder how soon that might happen.

That had already happened at the time of the initial hearing. AH stopped his mortgage payments four days after Bob disappeared. Long before the co-conservators were appointed, etc.

It is my VHO that the 'conservators' appointed themselves before Bob disappeared.

:moo:

I suspect they are prohibited from liquidating assets like property or memorabilia.

That doesnt mean they arent dumping them by using friends to sell them, for example, but I doubt they are supposed to.

I wonder if a post inventory inventory will ever be done. :)

Isn't a post inventory inventory legally supposed to occur? :waitasec:
And if so, why wouldn't the court enforce such?

From the legal documents we have it seems Mrs Harrod is getting her rightful support, RB and PB are drawing co-conservators' fees, and lawyers and PIs are being paid.

But JuM doesn't seem to be entitled to anything at all. I wonder how she feels about that? It doesn't seem fair to me that one sister is treated differently from the others.

It almost makes it appear as though JuM has been 'struck off' and gained nothing but the memorabilia stuff, when Bob disappeared. And isn't complaining. That makes her appear very understanding and unmercenary.

Of course, when and if Bob is declared dead, I'm sure she will be entitled to her full share of the family trust, along with her sisters.

:great:

Set your DVR's for February 18!!!!!!

Monday, February 18, on Investigation Discovery at 9pm ET/PT

About the episode:
Eighty-one year old Bob Harrod is walking on air when he reconnects with his long lost sweetheart Fontelle. In a whirlwind reunion after 60 years apart, the two are married and make plans for Fontelle to live with Bob in California. But while Fontelle is home in Missouri preparing for her cross-country move, Bob disappears.

Sorry-for all of our lurkers who arent familiar with what I am posting about-

Bob's story is set to air on the show "Disappeared." The show itself is on the Investigation Discovery network..."I.D." is how it appears on many cable providers.

What's really interesting, imo, is if we break this down and look at it in it's simplest form, the co-conservators are supposed to be caring for Bob's assets as if he were STILL HERE. (I don't think anyone can dispute that is not what has occured - simply based on the harassment of Mrs. Harrod and the BL in court, all the wasted assets and emptying Bob's home.)

IF Bob were here, and legally his assets are supposed to be protected as if he WERE here, it would not be unusual for a retiree with his assets to travel for 3 months of the year, spend time at a second home for 3 months of the year, or visit family who live out of state for 3 months out of the year.

If we were to look at ALL the retires with assets similiar to Bob's, I'd think it would be the norm, rather than the anomaly Bob's daughters are trying make out of occupying the main marital residence 9 out of 12 months a year.

There is a perfectly clear picture of what is going on here, regardless of which way they try to cover it up by calling it an obligation or attempting to point fingers at others.

And we have only seen a little in comparison to what LE see's.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)!!!!!!!!

Even though I can't watch live!

I positively love Investigation Discovery TV/Disappeared.

I'm thrilled and speechless there is finally an air date. Just wow! :woot: :woot:

I can't find it. I can't even see any listings beyond January.
Do you have a link?
Or is this just a wink?
If so, a wink will do, seeing as it's you.

Long Lost Love : Bob Harrod

long-lost-love-324x205.jpg

Discovery

Missing since July 27, 2009

Eighty-one year old Bob Harrod is walking on air when he reconnects with his long lost sweetheart Fontelle. In a whirlwind reunion after 60 years apart, the two are married and make plans for Fontelle to live with Bob in California. But while Fontelle is home in Missouri preparing for her cross-country move, Bob disappears. At first, police believe he may have suffered a health problem typical of his age. But as time goes on and Bob isn't found, they begin to suspect foul play. It's not long until a strong motive surfaces: Bob is a millionaire.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/disappeared/meet-the-missing/bob-harrod.htm

What's really interesting, imo, is if we break this down and look at it in it's simplest form, the co-conservators are supposed to be caring for Bob's assets as if he were STILL HERE. (I don't think anyone can dispute that is not what has occured - simply based on the harassment of Mrs. Harrod and the BL in court, all the wasted assets and emptying Bob's home.)

IF Bob were here, and legally his assets are supposed to be protected as if he WERE here, it would not be unusual for a retiree with his assets to travel for 3 months of the year, spend time at a second home for 3 months of the year, or visit family who live out of state for 3 months out of the year.

If we were to look at ALL the retires with assets similiar to Bob's, I'd think it would be the norm, rather than the anomaly Bob's daughters are trying make out of occupying the main marital residence 9 out of 12 months a year.

There is a perfectly clear picture of what is going on here, regardless of which way they try to cover it up by calling it an obligaton or attempting to point fingers at others.

And we have only seen a little in comparison to what LE see's.

And imo, they are looking more and more like people who will got to any lengths to get what they regard as rightfully 'theirs'.

I just checked to see if the tags were updated to include the air date of Bob's case on Disappeared. Thank you to whomever added the Feb 18 air date! :woot: :woot:

And imo, they are looking more and more like people who will got to any lengths to get what they regard as rightfully 'theirs'.

Oh, I think they've demonstrated that without question. I'm just glad Mrs. Harrod has shown the tenacity she has and made it just as clear she is not going to be bullied by their tactics.

all jmvho of course.

Quote:
Monday, February 18, on Investigation Discovery at 9pm ET/PT

Quote:
About the episode:
Eighty-one year old Bob Harrod is walking on air when he reconnects with his long lost sweetheart Fontelle. In a whirlwind reunion after 60 years apart, the two are married and make plans for Fontelle to live with Bob in California. But while Fontelle is home in Missouri preparing for her cross-country move, Bob disappears.

May I request you add the above info to the MSM thread for Bob? It would be great to have it there too, making it even easier for members and guest readers to find the air date info.

tia!

Frankly, the only strictures on occupation I have ever heard of are from insurance companies, and even then it's stuff like leaving a minimum amount of heat on so pipes don't burst, etc.

Germany is not the US and it's certainly not California, but even here no-one would expect to be told when they could leave their home/visit relatives/vacation, etc. It would be laughable if it wasn't such a distraction from finding Bob, and such a trial for Mrs Harrod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018