CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, the only strictures on occupation I have ever heard of are from insurance companies, and even then it's stuff like leaving a minimum amount of heat on so pipes don't burst, etc.

Germany is not the US and it's certainly not California, but even here no-one would expect to be told when they could leave their home/visit relatives/vacation, etc. It would be laughable if it wasn't such a distraction from finding Bob, and such a trial for Mrs Harrod.

Yup. Every person who went away to school, the peace corp, a lengthy cruise...all these folks would be subject to losing their home.

At the end of the day, Bob wouldnt have charged Fontelle rent. It is also unlikely that Bob would have expected Fontelle to shoulder her expenses by herself either-we have seen how generous he was with loved ones.

May I request you add the above info to the MSM thread for Bob? It would be great to have it there too, making it even easier for members and guest readers to find the air date info.

tia!

all done!

all done!

And one more question. Do you mind if I steal the portion of your siggy line with the info on the air date for Bob's case? I think I am going to swipe it! :dance:

National Media should benefit this case a lot.

I hope someone reaches out to PE and let's him know that there is another push coming for an answer as to what happened to his friend.

I'm sorry, but we've got this saying in England that we always use in certain situations, and I've just got to say it now, even though I'm afraid no-one will find it as funny as we do, unless you're into queuing, and waiting, and moaning a little, and being relieved when all that's over:

'You wait all day for a bus, then two come along at once.'

And one more question. Do you mind if I steal the portion of your siggy line with the info on the air date for Bob's case? I think I am going to swipe it! :dance:

No worries...go for it.

I'm sorry, but we've got this saying in England that we always use in certain situations, and I've just got to say it now, even though I'm afraid no-one will find it as funny as we do, unless you're into queuing, and waiting, and moaning a little, and being relieved when all that's over:

'You wait all day for a bus, then two come along at once.'

I hope this is how Mrs Harrod feels.

I love that the judge referred to her as "Fontelle" fwiw. From the video, for me anyway, she seems like a woman that people would find an instant connection with.

National Media should benefit this case a lot.

I hope someone reaches out to PE and let's him know that there is another push coming for an answer as to what happened to his friend.

Great idea! I've been so excited about having an air date, I forgot about making sure PE is aware of the date. Or has a save the date notice....

We need to also make a note for ourselves to add the information on the air date once again on the actual date the show is airing on the following thread:

*Crime-related TV shows to watch TODAY!* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:great:

Set your DVR's for February 18!!!!!!

Thanks Believe. I've been waiting for this since last year. :blushing: LOL That's not what I was going to say to start with. I've been waiting for this since September. I have my DVR set to record all the episodes and not get rid of any for fear it's gonna show when I'm not here and gets erased over by other programming. Finally we get this episode and maybe some new information to consider.

Thanks Believe. I've been waiting for this since last year. :blushing: LOL That's not what I was going to say to start with. I've been waiting for this since September. I have my DVR set to record all the episodes and not get rid of any for fear it's gonna show when I'm not here and gets erased over by other programming. Finally we get this episode and maybe some new information to consider.

LOL, you and me both...I have been waiting for this since last year, and I carefully review every episode for fear that I miss it...

I do have one question that has been bugging the crap out of me:

Why does AH have JuM's maiden name as his last name? Was he born before JuM got married and never adopted by JM? Or did he change his name to H? Which would be weird.

I've got to wait longer than all of you because, short of flying to the US, I cannot watch it on the night. But I know you're going to let me know, and I think this thread will be hot that night, so I'll just sit here welcoming the newbies. I'll be so glad to see Bob's case getting the national media attention it deserves.

I do have one question that has been bugging the crap out of me:

Why does AH have JuM's maiden name as his last name? Was he born before JuM got married and never adopted by JM? Or did he change his name to H? Which would be weird.

Weird it is, FrayedKnot. AH changed his surname and abandoned his family name; and even weirder, he was just following a family tradition because his dad did exactly the same too.

Hopefully, at least after 1/16 that is, the agreement between AH and his aunts will shed some light on why it was beneficial to not pursue him.

One of the actual changed circumstances is that 3200 or so dollars are not contributing to the assets of the trust. Are the co conservators renting Windflower and collecting 3200.00 from the tenant? Are they collecting any money?

I am sure that is accurately reflected somewhere and will be included in the next audit.

BBM. So the SSA should be available prior to the airing of the disappeared show in Feb. Great news! I just hope we are able to obtain it for our court docs by then.

Justice is coming Bob! Your time to shine and tell your story is coming soon!

I admit to being nitpicky, but I have to point out Mrs Harrod's support is $3850 per month. AH's repayments were (according to his own words) $3800.

So if AH had been made to keep up his repayments to Bob, that income would have almost completely covered the support for Bob's wife.

But instead of pursuing repayments that AH had voluntarily agreed to make to Bob, daughters decided the wisest course of action, as conservators, was to let AH walk away. And start haggling with Mrs Harrod over her marital home, and her support from her husband's estate.

As a conservator of an estate in the US, are there any rules about carrying out duties in a fit and proper manner? What happens if you don"t?

Also, fair market value rental of Carnation drive was stated as $2450 per month, in the legal document. AH's home was just around the block, but he had got himself into a situation where he was repaying $3800 per month.

It seems a lot more. Perhaps that house was much more valuable than Bob's. Or perhaps AH had just overborrowed. It seems like the Windflower house could have been in negative equity when AH walked away. I believe AH said all the borrowing was Bob's idea. Strange. Bob himself didn't seem to have any negative equity - or indeed, any debts - when he disappeared.

I've got to wait longer than all of you because, short of flying to the US, I cannot watch it on the night. But I know you're going to let me know, and I think this thread will be hot that night, so I'll just sit here welcoming the newbies. I'll be so glad to see Bob's case getting the national media attention it deserves.

I will be getting it after the East Coast by 3 hours, so I imagine that most of the discussion on it will already been done. Because I'm on the West Coast, I stay away from the boards until I've seen it. Years ago, I realized if I read up on it before I saw it, I didn't know what they were talking about and then later it ruined it for me. All my comments will be hours after everyone else's and usually by then, everything has been said and I can add nothing.

I don't know about that Seajay. You're local and for me at least, your input has been very helpful so far. I'm sure others think the same.

I will be getting it after the East Coast by 3 hours, so I imagine that most of the discussion on it will already been done. Because I'm on the West Coast, I stay away from the boards until I've seen it. Years ago, I realized if I read up on it before I saw it, I didn't know what they were talking about and then later it ruined it for me. All my comments will be hours after everyone else's and usually by then, everything has been said and I can add nothing.

No way...after all these years your fresh input will be valued! Never think that! I am so pleased (as Im sure others are!) that so many people are interested in Robert Harrod's disappearance. It can only help...:)

All I can say is, Bob disappeared in July 2009. It's now January 2013 and this thread still gets posted on a daily, often hourly basis. Apart from some amazing loyalty on this thread, I also think it is in large part due to the fact contributions are welcome, no matter how big or small. I had never posted on a forum before in my life before this, and thought I never would. Almost anything could have sent me scurrying back to lurkdom.

I was welcomed and helped though, and felt my contributions were appreciated. I hope you feel that too, Seajay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14