CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:furious:
BBM~~~~

I think we can safely say that Mr. Harrod did not walk away.

Agreed. I don't think LE thinks so either. And how would anyone have known SIL was going to leave the house? Three and something years later, exactly when he did or did not leave the house is still all over the place, so I doubt he announced when he would be absent to anyone in advance.

Also, the car of any watching abductor would have had to be parked up in the street, close to all the roadworkers. Wouldn't they have noticed something? Maybe we ought to put out an appeal for them to come forward, to see if they remember anything.

Just an aside, but does anyone think Bob's daughter/daughters might manage to progress Bob's timeline beyond 1977 in time for 'Disappeared'?

Just asking, considering that Bob went missing in 2009.

:floorlaugh:

We should all feel free to stand down because there were no large objects in the garbage can, right? :burn:

Sorry-that was not a productive comment, but it is representative of the theater of the absurd which has been going on since Mr Harrod disappeared.

Sorry to harp on about military history, but here's a prime example of what I was talking about; the USS Reuben James, lost during WW2 with 115 hands aboard, including a Ship's Cook Second Class and a Cook, First Class. I bet any of their few (46) surviving comrades-in-arms did not discriminate between officers/non-officers/cooks/radio/signal men etc when they paid their tributes to the dead.

Bob Harrod was a Marine Veteran. That deserves a modicum of respect, imo, no matter what his role.

http://www.uboat.net/allies/merchants/crews/ship1189.html

To help any local and/or national media prep for stories, I want to bump a few links:

TIMELINE and MEDIA

COURT DOCUMENTS

The court documents are available from OC Superior Courthouse via FOIA of course.

The case numbers are:

Harrod Trust/Fontelle Objector/Andrew Harrod interested party 30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJC

Conservatorship 30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC

There should be a settlement agreement between the co conservators and AH somewhere within that material which may add another piece to this puzzle.

Bumpity

Bob Harrod was a Marine Veteran. That deserves a modicum of respect, imo, no matter what his role.

It deserves a HUGE amount of respect and the cavalier attitude towards someone who served faithfully is both shocking and disturbing.

Agreed. I'm so fed up with this line of disparaging Bob in fact, that I've given up.

I'm just telling it to the marines now. Seeing what they have to say.

Never leave a man behind. That is what they would say to you zwiebel.

It should be a call to arms, imo. If SAR continues to narrow down locations to search, I bet they would be more than willing to give us feet on the ground.

I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy, the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.
No where in the Soldier's Creed does it say it applies only to specific responsibilities. Bob served faithfully and honorably. The Creed for the Marines is the Rifle Creed. All members of the Marines learned it and lived it. Again, it is not specific to any role.

I think it is also worth pointing out that, no matter what the final role, the initial training is the same. It's tough. Anyone who disparages that obviously hasn't been through that, or known anyone who has.

Anyway, I don't think it matters what the role was; if you were called upon to serve and you served, that's it. Other people boast about not serving, and that's up to them. It all depends upon your sense of duty and belief.

Bob did his duty, so I'm sticking with that. I've been appealing for help to vet's associations and am awaiting replies. I'll let you know what they say.

The people who reported it are the only ones reporting it, and there was a period of time immediately preceding the disappearance where Bob was estranged from his children by his own choice. I would also like to point out that we have no information on when the last time Mr Harrod visited his doctor. For all we know it could have been once a week for the proceeding year.

From what I read; I'm not surprised.

Mrs Harrod is legally married to Bob who hasnt been declared dead. There is nothing strange, at all, about her continuing to live in her legal residence until Bob returns home.

I read for a few hours but didn't see if she was still living there. I understand its her home & she has every right to be there. While I went through something similar but different; with players like this case; I don't know how she finds the strength to be there.

The case is being investigated by the homicide department and LE has stated it is foul play, so I am not expecting him to return home as in walk in the door home. I am expecting him to come home however to the woman who loves him and misses him and who has made sure that no one forgets that he is still missing. See all of the media generated by her.

I find nothing suspicious about two substantially elderly people spending the rest of their lives together after being apart for almost 60 years.

The videos are all available, Roselvr. They are linked in the thread. :)

Don't mistake my questions as me saying she has something to do with it Believe. She took a big risk packing up & moving there; especially from what I read. That's why I wanted to see the video to see the 2 of them together because I don't have that side. They look like a really cute couple.

Video- Page not found
We're sorry, we cannot find what you are looking for. Would you like to look for something else?

Read more: http://ktla.com/videobeta/787b9661-...es-Apart-Jaime-Chambers-reports#ixzz2JJCEBgbI

• KTLA crew interviewed Bob about the reunion with FH
Video: http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/787b9...fter-Six-Decades-Apart-Jaime-Chambers-reports

From post #6 in CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #1

This is the only one I found that doesn't say "page not found" but I can't get it to play

chicagotribune.com
KTLA: Couple Reunites After Six Decades Apart -- Jaime Chambers reports

This is not hard, imo fwiw. There was a heated family meeting the night before his disappearance where Mr Harrod informed his children that he was adding his wife to his estate planning. It was a contentious meeting. In fact, AH stated to a sworn officer of the law that there was fighting in the family and that was a possible explanation for his father's disappearance.

Not that he had cold feet. Not that he had run away with someone else.

That there was fighting in the family. AH would know.

AH stopped paying on his mortgage, held by the trust, within DAYS of his grandfather's disappearance. Days. He did this predicated on a non documented agreement that his grandfather would forgive his debt when he was DEAD.

The rest, imvho, is window dressing. These people didnt even know what Bob was wearing much less what was going on with his daily existence.

I never got to the part about AH.
I'm on page 4 of the 1st post; I don't know if they released phone calls & who the other party was that they had in mind.
I've had my own horrible experience with something like this & its sad what people do for money.

Hi Roselvr,

Loads of questions! I can help you out a bit with one; I don't think we know exactly what illness Bob's wife suffered from, only that it was long-term and she required a lot of care over a long period. It obviously involved mobility issues too, as a chair elevator was installed in the home for her.

The allegations of 'cheapness' in her care have come from Bob's daughters. It's worth pointing out that Georgia was a wealthy woman, along with her husband; the family trust that daughters have inherited belonged to both her and Bob.

Her obit, linked here and written by her daughter I believe, mentions her 'special caregiver' and 'hospice care'. Maybe they came free - if not, I strongly suspect it was Bob who paid.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/whittierdailynews/obituary.aspx?n=georgia-may-harrod&pid=106570728

Thank you. Very nice obituary. She's very lucky to have had Maria.

One of Bob's few close friends has painted a rather different picture of this time; as Bob as a rather isolated, lonely man, caring for a dying wife to the best of his abilities, helped out by a neighbour:

"He was one of my best friends and I one of his.
When he moved in his wife, Georgia, was still with us. She was very sick and passed away in March 2008.......They had three grown children........Bob had been so used to caring for Georgia for several years;

I was there for him when his wife was sick and dying. I was one of the few people invited to her memorial at sea."

http://bobharrodmissing.com/links.html

Thank you I'll check it out tomorrow.

In my own opinion, Bob gave money to the BL because he wanted to, and it was his money to give and because he preferred her company to anyone else he had around at the time.

That was also another thought I had because I know elderly that are closer to people other then their children. I'm very close to my hubs gram & I only met her once. I'm one of the only people that calls her besides my hub.

Poor Roselvr, you ask a simple question in this case and get inundated with answers!

But that's because a very efficient, one-sided, 'marketing' campaign was launched in the early days of Bob's disappearance, imo. It presented an unfair, inaccurate and downright mean picture of him, and implicated completely innocent people in his disappearance, I think.

Since then, others of us have tried to put that right. Hence the deluge of info to your questions. It's not personal at all - your questions are excellent and give life to Bob's thread and I thank you for them, from the bottom of my heart!

I think it is also worth pointing out that, no matter what the final role, the initial training is the same. It's tough. Anyone who disparages that obviously hasn't been through that, or known anyone who has.

Anyway, I don't think it matters what the role was; if you were called upon to serve and you served, that's it. Other people boast about not serving, and that's up to them. It all depends upon your sense of duty and belief.

Bob did his duty, so I'm sticking with that. I've been appealing for help to vet's associations and am awaiting replies. I'll let you know what they say.

I picked the wrong post to start with; was just curious if he had been called over or not. He served & it doesn't matter where; was just trying to figure out how soon he married his wife after being called. It really doesn't matter in the big picture; I was just curious because I saw it mentioned in what I read.

Poor Roselvr, you ask a simple question in this case and get inundated with answers!

Believe has told me about Bob; I knew the show was coming on; I want to watch & I wanted to get some insight into it in time for the show. The problem I have is that my dad's death is coming up on 7 yrs next week; I haven't been able to move on due to legal; so its been 7 really painful years. I also have to watch what I say in case people decide to google. Had I come to the post a few months ago; I would not have watched what I said

But that's because a very efficient, one-sided, 'marketing' campaign was launched i n the early days of Bob's disappearance, imo. It presented an unfair, inaccurate and downright mean picture of him, and implicated completely innocent people in his disappearance, I think.

Since then, others of us have tried to put that right. Hence the deluge of info to your questions. It's not personal at all - your questions are excellent and give life to Bob's thread and I thank you for them, from the bottom of my heart!

I debated asking or just walking away; there's no way I can read 13+ threads. I'm glad I asked because even after the time I've spent reading today; I couldn't get a feel for Bob or his wife.

I thank everyone for answering my questions. I dont ever start on a case without reading everything 1st.
So; whats the best way to cram?

Roselvr,

I don't know what's coming up about your Dad, but I can see it is still very hard for you, whatever it is. My very best, inadequate English best wishes go out to you, anyway. Seven years is far too long. I hope you get some kind of resolution soon. Thank you for visiting Bob's thread. It must have been difficult.

Very abbreviated cram for Roselvr;

Bob is married for many, many years to his first wife, Georgia. They have three daughters. They make a small fortune over the years and put it in a trust to ensure their daughters can inherit without incurring unnecessary tax. The primary purpose of a trust like this is tax reasons, not privacy. If the tax benefits disappeared, so would these trusts.

2008: Bob's wife dies. Bob's three daughters immediately start asking questions about Mom's will and don't stop until he disappears. This includes a letter from a lawyer.

2009: Bob gets increasingly isolated and lonely. His beloved dog, Sassy, dies. He falls out with family members and asks them/maybe pays them, to stay away. He attempts to get closer to he and his wife's barber and cleaner. His close friend and neighbour moves away.

2009, summer. Bob gets a call from the woman he was engaged to in 1950. He invites her to his home, she comes, he asks her to marry him, she accepts. They get married in California and don't tell anyone beforehand.

2009, July. Bob's wife, Fontelle, goes home to MO to pack and say goodbye.

26th July, 2009. Bob's daughters and son-in-law have a meeting with Bob over the family will. Grandson AH stated to LE that there had been 'family fighting'. Daughter PB said this family meeting was NOT heated, Bob got heated because he was 'selfish and conditional'.

July 27th, 2009. At some point in the morning, Bob's SIL arrives to carry out repairs.
12pm/Noon. Cleaner arrives, Bob is not there. She expresses concern that Bob is not there, to son-in-law who is just returning from somewhere undetermined.
6pm. Cleaner leaves?
6pm Son-in-law leaves?
9pm Fontelle in Missouri is informed by Son-in-law's wife that Bob is missing. Fontelle immediately reports this to CA police.
9.32pm. Son-in-laws' son, AH meets police on the driveway of Bob's house to perform a 'welfare check' for Bob. AH lives within five minute's walk of Bob's home and has access to keys but there is no record of him checking the house before this.
9.32 pm. Bob is officially notified as missing by LE. This has been done by Fontelle, in MO, a thousand miles away from CA.
July 28th, 2009. Son-in-laws wife, JuM, enters Bob's house and replaces the old sheets on his bed with sheets brought from her house.
Jum gives a TV interview stating 'we' (her and her husband, Bob's son-in-law) are 'thinking' Bob disappeared between noon and one.
According to the cleaning lady, both she and son-in-law were present in the house between noon and one, and Bob had already vanished then.

I am open to all and any corrections of course.

Forgot to add a really important point, that Fontelle said Bob had told his family he intended to 'add her to his accounts' and they were not happy about this.

Bob did not get the chance to add Fontelle to his accounts or his will. His estate was unaltered when he disappeared, with the trust passing intact to his daughters.

Two of his daughters are now receiving a monthly fee as conservators of his estate. Amount unknown. Legal costs incurred by the daughters against Bob's wife are being met through Bob's estate. Amount unknown.
AH, grandson of Bob, had significant debts to Bob's estate written off. Costs to Bob's estate, unknown.

very nicely put in the cram nutshell zwiebel :)

and belated welcome to roselvr.

Roselvr, you know I think you are the bomb and then some...you are one of the strongest peeps I know.

I am so sorry about your dad :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member