CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know to loved ones, getting on for four years with a loved one being missing must seem like a lifetime. So I hope what I'm about to say doesn't cause any offence. It's just that, to LE, time doesn't seem to matter at all.

Even when detectives retire, they don't ever seem to forget their unsolved cases. And new detectives seem to inherit the mantel and become just as committed. Of course they can't carry out full-scale searches every day for 10 or 20 years, but they never forget, it seems to me.

Look at this case, in OC. An elderly, legally blind man who, it seems, may have disappeared way back in 2005.

And here's the OC register today, reporting on bones found, a son in jail on felony embezzlement charges and possible murder charges pending, awaiting a coroner's report.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/dominguez-409583-home-yard.html

See what I mean? I bet whoever put those bones there thought they would be long dead and gone themselves before anything was discovered. They didn't count on LE's long memory.

Thank You Zwiebel for this. It gives us hope for justice for Bob.

When the new house owners found him, it sounds like his head was still resting on his pillow. And his blankets had been buried with him too. I don't know why, but I just found that very moving. However that poor old gentleman passed, I hope it was peaceful; that he went to sleep on that pillow one night and never got to raise his head from it in life again, or know about it.

That's my hope for him. He's been home the whole time but it was unacknowledged - now he has been found and moved, he's really come home. It's strange, but right, I think.

:bump:

Can't bear to see this thread on page 2.

Thank you Opie! Me either.

Has anyone thought about any other personal items Mr. Harrod may have left behind at his residence? Other than the ones missing that we don't already know about, I mean.

Maybe items from the bathroom? Considering FH had been there, I would think there might be female stuff in the bathroom as well? Such as perfume or face cream, that sort of thing? I wonder if Mr. Harrod cleaned out a drawer or a cabinet- or even a part of the shower stall- to make room for FH's toiletries?

Thank you Opie! Me either.

BBM, respectfully snipped.

Has anyone thought about any other personal items Mr. Harrod may have left behind at his residence? Other than the ones missing that we don't already know about, I mean.

Maybe items from the bathroom?

Follow this link Oriah and then click through the pics to number 4; there's a picture of Bob's razor, dental floss, hairbrush, herbal candy and toothpaste in a drawer where Mrs Harrod had kept them.

ETA: plus, there's his hats, his collection of bolo ties, his slippers. I didn't see any of them on the memorabilia list, so there's a good chance Mrs Harrod still has them, I would have thought.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html?pic=1

I am also wondering if the barber lady who used to come and cut his hair brought clippers, or if Bob had his own.

Oh, and our grandpops had a special cushion on his favourite chair, to help him get up. Maybe Bob had one of those too? His neighbour said he had a den, I can imagine a favourite armchair being in there. Unless it made it onto 'the list' of course.

While I was looking through photos, I saw this. I never noticed before, but you can see three of Bob's hats lined up neatly on the shelf behind Mrs Harrod. Where's the gap for the hat he was supposed to be wearing when he disappeared? There is no room for another one.

Perhaps Bob kept one hat separately from all the rest? Perhaps Mrs Harrod moved them there and Bob had kept them elsewhere? I don't know, it just doesn't make me any more confident in the description of what he was wearing that day.

http://poststar.com/lifestyles/a-lo...cle_f7099e98-12d4-11df-ad7f-001cc4c002e0.html

While I was looking through photos, I saw this. I never noticed before, but you can see three of Bob's hats lined up neatly on the shelf behind Mrs Harrod. Where's the gap for the hat he was supposed to be wearing when he disappeared? There is no room for another one.

Perhaps Bob kept one hat separately from all the rest? Perhaps Mrs Harrod moved them there and Bob had kept them elsewhere? I don't know, it just doesn't make me any more confident in the description of what he was wearing that day.

http://poststar.com/lifestyles/a-lo...cle_f7099e98-12d4-11df-ad7f-001cc4c002e0.html

IMO that clothing description was thrown into the ring as a red herring. To make people think Bob was on his way out (to walk or perhaps meet someone) Right.

I wonder if Bob had a walking stick? Not for the house or garden, but for his walks around the block.

IMO that clothing description was thrown into the ring as a red herring. To make people think Bob was on his way out (to walk or perhaps meet someone) Right.

I don't know if you remember how I kept moaning a while ago that I couldn't find any photos of Bob wearing a white shirt? Well, I stopped moaning but I kept on looking.

I found pink shirts, paisley shirts, orange shirts, check shirts etc. No white.

But what I thought was, if a person was to take a wild guess or a red herring route and say Bob was wearing his pink shirt, or the paisley one.......well, it would be pretty hard to miss them if they were still hanging in a closet. Whereas if a person was to say a white shirt; most men would have at least two hanging in their wardrobe for backup. Having one still hanging there wouldn't have raised any eyebrows.

The 'Disappeared' listings are up to Feb 11th now - not long to wait until Bob's programme appears there!

So we are looking at a 2 hour window. From 10 am to noon when the cleaning lady got there. And the only one who admitted to being there was JeM. And it's not been established where he was coming back from at noon when he ran into the cleaning lady.

That pretty much narrows it down to it hardly being anyone but JeM. Unless it's AH or the two together. Was it ever explained where AH was that morning??

If Bob had a few "tirades" directed to JeM and the last one being the night before possibly, I can't see JeM having a warm and fuzzy feeling about coming over to do repairs out of the goodness of his heart. He was there for a clean up job, not a repair job. He probably went to HD to get parts for something destroyed in the "taking care of business" department related to Bob.

Sadly, I believe Bob is dead too and has been since before noon on July 29, 2009. And his children all know it. They panicked when he married Fontelle. His bypass trust allowed for him to get more from the trust for his new, increased needs of supporting another person in the household. JMO

So we are looking at a 2 hour window. From 10 am to noon when the cleaning lady got there. And the only one who admitted to being there was JeM. And it's not been established where he was coming back from at noon when he ran into the cleaning lady.

That pretty much narrows it down to it hardly being anyone but JeM. Unless it's AH or the two together. Was it ever explained where AH was that morning??

If Bob had a few "tirades" directed to JeM and the last one being the night before possibly, I can't see JeM having a warm and fuzzy feeling about coming over to do repairs out of the goodness of his heart. He was there for a clean up job, not a repair job. He probably went to HD to get parts for something destroyed in the "taking care of business" department related to Bob.

Sadly, I believe Bob is dead too and has been since before noon on July 29, 2009. And his children all know it. They panicked when he married Fontelle. His bypass trust allowed for him to get more from the trust for his new, increased needs of supporting another person in the household. JMO

I think your post sums it up, seajay. It has never been determined if AH was with his dad during the time Bob went missing. In fact, we don't know where AH was the day his grandfather went missing.

Seajay, sorry to be pernickety but you meant to say 'before noon on July 27th,' didn't you? That was the date Bob disappeared.

I know we all know what you meant, but the timeline is so confused already, I'm terrified of causing anymore confusion for any newcomers reading the thread!

o/t I love the word pernickety. I wonder where it came from though? It's not like any other word I can think of.

Seajay, sorry to be pernickety but you meant to say 'before noon on July 27th,' didn't you? That was the date Bob disappeared.

I know we all know what you meant, but the timeline is so confused already, I'm terrified of causing anymore confusion for any newcomers reading the thread!

o/t I love the word pernickety. I wonder where it came from though? It's not like any other word I can think of.

OMGosh Zwie, you are right. See, here's the problem. My birthday is the 28th of July. And oftentimes I say July29th, the day after my birthday instead of July27th, the day before my birthday. I've made that mistake several times while telling hubby about this case.

Originally Posted by Seajay

Sadly, I believe Bob is dead too and has been since before noon on July 27, 2009. And his children all know it. They panicked when he married Fontelle. His bypass trust allowed for him to get more from the trust for his new, increased needs of supporting another person in the household. JMO

I couldn't go back and edit, so I corrected it for the newer ones who come and join in and were confused by my boo boo. Sowwy. :blush:

I'm so bad with dates, but Dreamweaver, who has been with this thread since the beginning, made a single, sad post upthread. Somehow, it made the date Bob went missing stick in my head like glue.

Wish Dreamweaver could do that with all the birthdays/annivsaries etc that I forget too.....

Sorry if this is known already, but it's new to me.

The San Bernardino Coroner, David Van Norman, and the Forensic Anthropologist, Alexis Gray, sound like they are doing some wonderful stuff out there and are really committed to finding the long-term missing, as well as identifying their John and Jane Does. They actually go out searching.

Here is an article about their work:
http://articles.latimes.com/2004/feb/17/local/me-bones17

And here are a couple more links about their work:
http://canyouidentifyme.org/davidvannorman
http://www.avc.edu/news/2012/oct/anthro.html

I wonder if they could help or lookout for Bob - if maybe we could send them his flyer, just to let them know he is still very much missing and needs to be found?

I was also thinking it would be fascinating if Tricia could interview them, especially if that could happen near the airing of Bob's show. Does anyone think there might be any possibility of that?

Gosh, that description in the article makes them sound like characters from a movie:

'...a high-strung 46-year-old who served two tours in the army'

'A lanky 32-year-old with cat's eye glasses and a jet black bob'

Well. They wouldn't look anything like that in England. They'd have sensible specs, a grey beard (depending on gender, obviously), a suit and tie and would play golf or cricket at the weekends, at the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarleyMahem