CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob's case is definately on the radar of the San Bernardino Medical Examiner's office.

Sorry if this is known already, but it's new to me.

The San Bernardino Coroner, David Van Norman, and the Forensic Anthropologist, Alexis Gray, sound like they are doing some wonderful stuff out there and are really committed to finding the long-term missing, as well as identifying their John and Jane Does. They actually go out searching.

Here is an article about their work:
http://articles.latimes.com/2004/feb/17/local/me-bones17

And here are a couple more links about their work:
http://canyouidentifyme.org/davidvannorman
http://www.avc.edu/news/2012/oct/anthro.html

I wonder if they could help or lookout for Bob - if maybe we could send them his flyer, just to let them know he is still very much missing and needs to be found?

I was also thinking it would be fascinating if Tricia could interview them, especially if that could happen near the airing of Bob's show. Does anyone think there might be any possibility of that?

They are two of my favorite people on the planet. I can humbly state that David VanNorman has never ever been too busy to answer a question or leap to personally attend to a comparison between an active MP case and a John/Jane Doe in his patch. And I suspect that Bob is already on his radar. :)

My father was born within a week of Bob, so for me my dad is the test case as to certain aspects of the mystery.

At Bob's age, Bob's primary doctor should have been assessing him for decreased cognitive functioning at every visit. It's easy, requires no equipment beyond a paper and pencil (if that) and each of the possible tests takes less than a minute to administer. Most doctor rotate among the tests so that the patient cannot prepare for them. My dad's doctor assesses him even though my dad continues to pass his medical licensing test each year and wins high test score at one of the medical conferences they both attend (beware of mild mannered Korean doctors; they know everything and forget nothing).

I cannot imagine Bob's doctor asserting that Bob was not cognitively impaired unless he has the proof in his patient records.

Do you know Bob's doctors? I do not. I know that some times things get missed. The friend I speak of; the closest I've ever had to a grand father passed away 2 days ago. The doctors missed his memory failing him. He stayed with me 3 weeks; when he had control over the situation; things were fine; but when he needed to think; you could see the confusion. There was an issue with who made decisions for him if he could not because the person in his opinion failed him. I was there; no matter how much I told him it's not that way; he could not change the story in his mind; even 3 years later. The memory problem almost cost him his life a few weeks ago when he OD'd on blood thinners because he didn't remember taking it. His long time cardiac doctor missed him needing a pace maker; even 3 years after his admittance on a cardiac floor. I've kept questioning it. It caused 4 accidents. They finally did it when he was admitted after the blood thinners. His doctors all missed a hernia growing into his intestines that killed him the other night.

My dad carries about $20 in his wallet plus his credit cards. He prefers credit cards for the extra consumer protection. He didn't put together a considerable estate by being silly with his money and to him, cash is money that doesn't have a job. He thinks money should be busy making money.

My dad & the friend that passed; did not carry plastic.

It was JeM's words that told LE he was returning from Home Depot when he arrived and found the CL waiting on the stoop. However, his receipt from Home Depot is stamped about 3 hours *after* the CL arrived.

His CVS visit was prior to his initial arrival at Bob's in the morning. The CVS visit was prior to the 10:00 am phone call from someone other than family, confirmed by LE.

Where was JeM arriving from when he found the CL waiting at noon? That question has never been answered.

This would be great added to the timeline.

Was the skeleton at the bottom of the hill ever identified?

They are two of my favorite people on the planet. I can humbly state that David VanNorman has never ever been too busy to answer a question or leap to personally attend to a comparison between an active MP case and a John/Jane Doe in his patch. And I suspect that Bob is already on his radar. :)

I laugh at myself sometimes, when I 'discover' things that it quickly becomes obvious everyone else already knows about. Doesn't detract from my happiness at finding them though - one less thing for me to worry about! And I am so glad Bob is on the radar of people like this.

He's not able to take of himself any longer. Strong, determined people are needed to step up on his behalf and I believe they have and are, continuing to come forward. Out of simple human compassion. It warms my heart.

Your opinion on these two noteworthy members of CA's compassionate and scientific community is duly noted and gratefully received, believe! :)

Was the skeleton at the bottom of the hill ever identified?

Imo, we are still awaiting that id. But best to wait for Cubby's answer (which I'm sure will come) as I could well be wrong.

Thank you very much for popping into Bob's thread - did you know he has a show airing on Disappeared, 'Long Lost Love', Feb 18th, 9pm pt/et? :)

BBM, respectfully snipped

Do you know Bob's doctors? I do not. I know that some times things get missed. The friend I speak of; the closest I've ever had to a grand father passed away 2 days ago. The doctors missed his memory failing him. He stayed with me 3 weeks; when he had control over the situation; things were fine; but when he needed to think; you could see the confusion.

My dad & the friend that passed; did not carry plastic.

This would be great added to the timeline.

I totally agree that doctors can - and do - miss things. In Bob's case though, we have a neighbour as well, who seems very certain Bob was in his right mind. The neighbour (who posted here as CA Exile) says he was very close - 'best friend' - to Bob until his move, a week before Bob vanished.

It seems like CA Exile saw Bob much more frequently in the last years of his life than the family members who suggested Bob might have problems with dementia.

There is no suggestion from anywhere that CA Exile had any vested interest in saying this, such as loans from Bob, or anything like that.

The only evidence I've seen advanced for the 'Bob had dementia' theory, in fact, was that he sometimes forgot where he put his keys.

In that case, I've had dementia since I was old enough to have keys.

Who put that 'post 285 media prep' link in our tags? That was clever.

bobharrodmissing.com has tried to post a timeline. They haven't done very well, imho. At least they said sorry though.

I totally agree that doctors can - and do - miss things. In Bob's case though, we have a neighbour as well, who seems very certain Bob was in his right mind. The neighbour (who posted here as CA Exile) says he was very close - 'best friend' - to Bob until his move, a week before Bob vanished.

It seems like CA Exile saw Bob much more frequently in the last years of his life than the family members who suggested Bob might have problems with dementia.

There is no suggestion from anywhere that CA Exile had any vested interest in saying this, such as loans from Bob, or anything like that.

Thanks; I only had time for a handful of posts once I found him; but what I read sounds like me & my neighbor that passed the other day. What's even more similar is I would have said the same as this CA Exile about how nice; etc my neighbors was.. We had the same type of relationship; he told me everything. You wouldn't believe how many would tell me of another side to him; that side I did not see until he stayed with us for 3 weeks. Our conversations were always mellow; I let him lead & I knew to keep some opinions to myself. When he was here; we had things that needed to be done; I could see the other side of him come out then; he even raised his voice to me a bunch of times.

I'm not saying Bob had dementia; I'm saying it's possible there was another side to him that relatives would see more like with my neighbor.

CA Exile said he was closest to one daughter; so it's possible she would see it.

I think the daughter CA Exile mentioned as being closest to her dad was Bob's youngest, JuM. I wish some of our more experienced posters were here, as they'd know for certain, but.......as far as I recall, JuM is the only daughter who has NOT suggested there was another, 'darker' side to Bob. JuM is the daughter on the video who says 'I love you Dad'.

It appears it is the other daughters - who did not see much of him, and are now co-conservators of his trust - who have suggested there was 'another side' to Bob. JuM, and her husband JeM (Bob's son-in-law) don't appear to have said anything uncomplimentary at all. In JeM's case in fact, he doesn't appear to have said anything to the media, period.

Also the grandson, AH, who lived a couple of blocks from Bob and whom Bob had lent hundreds of thousands of dollars, doesn't appear to have made any suggestions there was another side to Bob either. Except he said he understood all his debts were to be forgiven upon Bob's death, which makes Bob sound kind and fairly generous, imo.
I'm guessing they were close, simply because of the close locations and the money situation. Apart from the legal document, I can't find any msm links for AH making any comments about his missing grandfather.

Imo, we are still awaiting that id. But best to wait for Cubby's answer (which I'm sure will come) as I could well be wrong.

Thank you very much for popping into Bob's thread - did you know he has a show airing on Disappeared, 'Long Lost Love', Feb 18th, 9pm pt/et? :)

I never heard if the UID was officially id'd, but I no longer see that particular case listed at NamUs so I assume he was id'd.

The only evidence I've seen advanced for the 'Bob had dementia' theory, in fact, was that he sometimes forgot where he put his keys.

In that case, I've had dementia since I was old enough to have keys.

BBM, you and me both until I got into the habit of putting my keys in the same place each time I put them down.

Mr Z's got that habit too - his keys are always in his jacket pocket.

Now all he's got to learn is to have his jacket on when he's trying to open the door, rather than hanging in an office 500 miles away...........

Also the grandson, AH, who lived a couple of blocks from Bob and whom Bob had lent hundreds of thousands of dollars, doesn't appear to have made any suggestions there was another side to Bob either. Except he said he understood all his debts were to be forgiven upon Bob's death, which makes Bob sound kind and fairly generous, imo.
I'm guessing they were close, simply because of the close locations and the money situation. Apart from the legal document, I can't find any msm links for AH making any comments about his missing grandfather.

CA Exile said Bob was very fond of his grandson so it wouldn't surprise me that they'd be forgiven.

Just finished reading that link in believe09's post above. I LOVE that man's attitude!

Thank you for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member