CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Chris!! Given the state of Bob's knees, I would expect he would have been recovered long ago if he wandered because of dementia. The area he disappeared from is densely populated-I truly believe he would have been found.

I also believe that the timeline is too tight for such a complete disappearance-if we throw our misgivings and skepticism aside, he had about 15 minutes to disappear off of the face of the earth and to have done so in such an effective fashion, there is no trace of him left behind. In spite of his flamboyant all white attire from that day.

Thanks for your answer back! I had not known about his knees, so yeah, that would probably put a damper on my theory.

Bob's Episode Now Showing on Disappeared Schedule

all times et/pt

Monday February 18
9:00 PM
60 min.

Tuesday February 19
12:00 AM
60 min.

Long Lost Love
TV-PG
Eighty-one year old Bob Harrod is overjoyed when he marries his childhood sweetheart after sixty years apart. But days before his new bride moves in, Bob vanishes. Police cannot locate him and soon find a strong motive for foul play: Bob is a millionaire.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/disappeared/tv-schedule.htm

https://www.facebook.com/DisappearedonID

This is Disappeared's Facebook page-it is a wealth of information on previous cases and you can get a sense of how they highlight the current cases set to air.

Praying for a break in the case....once you widen the audience, anything can happen.

ETA-the facebook page has just about 51K likes. I feel pretty comfortable in stating they wont be collecting IP's and turning them over to anyone, so it is likely you are safe in posting comments ;)

Oh dear. I've finished my overview and posted it in the timeline and it's turned out more like a novella than an overview. I need a strict editor. Please have a look anyway, fellow posters. Tell me if it can be saved or if it should be deleted. You can always post your comments here, to save messing up the timeline thread.

If it's beyond saving, I really can do a short overview - I just couldn't do it the first time, without writing a short novel first.....sorry.

link here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only

Just to give newcomers a taster, here is a timeline of when Bob went missing, compiled from statements by Bob's daughter, JuM. She is the wife of the son-in-law who was working in Bob's house the day he disappeared, and who must have known approximately when he left the house. And know approximately when he got back and noticed Bob was missing.

11am - JuM told Mrs Harrod this in a phone call, according to Mrs Harrod.

10am - a posting on a website by someone claiming to be JuM (rimoftheworld)

12 to 1pm - JuM in an interview with ktl TV.

Unknown time - JuM told Mrs Harrod that son-in-law had seen a very suspicious car driving by Bob's house for 10 minutes, and Bob probably got in it.

Meanwhile....the cleaning lady says she arrived around 12 and Bob was gone then, and son-in-law was just returning to the house. And son-in-law told her Bob must have gone to see a neighbour.

Later that night, son-in-law's SON tells police there had been fighting in the family and Bob probably left because of that.

Summary: Bob disappeared at 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm.
He got into a suspicious car, he left because he was frustrated at family fighting, he went to see a neighbour.

(Don't forget, Bob left his car behind and couldn't walk far).

Mmmmmm.......where do all these stories originate, I wonder?

Oh dear. I've finished my overview and posted it in the timeline and it's turned out more like a novella than an overview. I need a strict editor. Please have a look anyway, fellow posters. Tell me if it can be saved or if it should be deleted. You can always post your comments here, to save messing up the timeline thread.

If it's beyond saving, I really can do a short overview - I just couldn't do it the first time, without writing a short novel first.....sorry.

link here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only

Well done! This will be nice to refer to during the 'Disappeared' episode. Thank you for putting this together.

jmo

Well mikkismom, I was really expecting to be told off there. You're not an editor, are you? They're fearsome - that's why I didn't stay one for long.

Thank you anyway. But it is too long.

Well mikkismom, I was really expecting to be told off there. You're not an editor, are you? They're fearsome - that's why I didn't stay one for long.

Thank you anyway. But it is too long.

I think the length is reflective of the length of time Bob has been missing and the reconciling :waitasec: of the 'timeline'.

jmo

(No, I am not an editor - except for my kids' schoolwork)

I have put the case overview in my signature now, below, so everyone can easily find it and comment, without scrolling through loads of posts.

ETA - mikkismom; I'm still working on my US geography homework from Cubby, but I don't think I'm doing too well!

:bow: zwiebel. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting.

The best laid plans of mice and men......I was all set to do editing on my case overview before it was too late and my internet went on the blink and has only come back now. If it does that on February 18th, you'll hear the screams from where you are.

The best laid plans of mice and men......I was all set to do editing on my case overview before it was too late and my internet went on the blink and has only come back now. If it does that on February 18th, you'll hear the screams from where you are.

Contact a mod-you can either put up a new post and have your prior case review taken down, or you can ask them to let you tweak it. :)

zwie, any chance we can add LE response time to the timeline? Factoring in the time time change from MO to CA?

I think so. That info has definitely been posted somewhere, so I'll look it up. I wouldn't want to rely on my own math 'skills' for that one.........

zwie, any chance we can add LE response time to the timeline? Factoring in the time time change from MO to CA?

I'm really glad you asked that question because I'd rolled two days into one in my overview and hadn't noticed. Dates always get me somehow.

It's only possible to estimate a response time because the police report doesn't actually specify the time the call was received about the welfare check on the evening Bob disappeared.

What it does say though, is that Mrs Harrod was informed Bob was missing at 9pm pacific time, and by 9.32 pacific time, police were on Bob's doorstep and looked through the house. That strongly suggests the initial response time was 32 minutes and it was Mrs Harrod who requested the check, imo. There's no way of being certain though, unless police release more details.

The actual missing person's report was filed at 22 minutes past midnight and that was definitely Mrs Harrod. The police report mentions an earlier call from her, but not what time she made it.

ETA: If you go with a time of noon that Bob went missing, then it was nine and half hours before police were on his doorstep. That's not a response time though, because they couldn't respond until they were informed, obviously.

If there are any more comments and corrections anyone, please let me know, as I want to fix those times and dates as soon as possible.

Respectfully snipped for space:

<What it does say though, is that Mrs Harrod was informed Bob was missing at 9pm pacific time, and by 9.32 pacific time, police were on Bob's doorstep and looked through the house. That strongly suggests the initial response time was 32 minutes and it was Mrs Harrod who requested the check, imo. There's no way of being certain though, unless police release more details.

The actual missing person's report was filed at 22 minutes past midnight and that was definitely Mrs Harrod. The police report mentions an earlier call from her, but not what time she made it.>

Thanks, Zwie. I don't know why, but this sequence of events has had me head-scratching for some time now.

Because after the welfare check there is a three-hour gap before a missing person's report is actually written out, and an officer dispatched to the front desk to take it down and call Mrs Harrod back?

ETA: Now I'm scratching my head. That's a long gap. Not long enough for anyone who thought they had to wait 24 hours before reporting Bob missing though. I wonder if whoever asked for the welfare check was asked afterwards by LE if they wanted to report Bob missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18