CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she claims to have discovered the hairdresser gifting going on while assisting Bob with his income taxes.

I think she was helping him prepare for his income taxes. According to AH's deposition Bob had his own accountant who was not a family member.

Daughter RB posted the following on a public forum Sept. 25, 2010. She is posting about JuM going to Mr. Harrod's home on July 28, 2009:

"Later that afternoon my sister came down from the mountains to watch for Dad to hopefully return and help him get special touches finished before Fontelle's arrival the next day. One example is that she had Dad buy new sheets the week before for this special occasion and he was supposed to take the cheap mismatched sheets off the bed and have a nice new matching set on so it would be extra special for Fontelle."

Okay, so sis had Bob buy new sheets for the newlyweds, however, as zwiebel posted in the memorabilia list:

46. Linens on antique bed as well as the silk bed skirt and sheets on king-sized bed in master bedroom.

Funny, the sheets are hers although Bob bought them?

I think she was helping him prepare for his income taxes. According to AH's deposition Bob had his own accountant who was not a family member.

So now the suggestion is what, that Bob was not capable of organizing his own paperwork to get it to his own accountant?

Sounds more like someone was being "helpful" with an eye toward being nosy about Bob's personal finances.

Exactly!

Those daughters say one thing but do another! The way they treated Fontelle after their father disappeared speaks volumes on how they really felt!

This!

My :twocents:. I wouldn't care so much that they didn't like Fontelle and wanted her gone. In fact, I think it would be sort of natural for them to hold some animosity toward their father's new wife, especially with him going missing. I feel it would be normal for them to suspect her of something. The thing that chaps my hide is that they PRETEND to have cared for her, PRETEND to be happy Bob married her, PRETEND to have welcomed her, and then did all this shady stuff. It's straight two-faced garbage.

Regarding the airing of Long Lost Love in Australia without the narration: I believe that the episode was not suppose to have been aired then. I believe that here in the U.S., the wrong version of the show as sent to the Australia affiliate. It was the incomplete and unnarrated version. It was about this time that ID decided to take "Disappeared" from the line up, and we didn't get Long Lost Love on February 18th as originally scheduled.

I believe it was a fluke that Australia got it and got the unnarrated version. That was the error, not that 12 noon comment or any other narrated comment within the narrated version.

IOW, just because there was no narration in the Australian version does not mean anything nefarious or that there were errors in the episode that should be questioned as reasons for doubting the information given in the episode that aired April 4th. IMO

I think the point counterpoint between LE and Bob's daughters was interesting.

Girls: Bob doesnt drive on the hwy
LE: Bob drove on the hwy
Girls: Bob mentally slipping
LE: talked to his Dr and Bob was in fantastic health and LE goes on to state in great detail how Bob was fully capable of caring for himself and his finances.
Girls: Meeting was jovial
LE: Meeting was heated
Girls: BL had motive
LE: Why would BL kill goose laying golden eggs?

But most importantly, the motive for the crime is the fight for the money in the trusts. Well that pretty much eliminates BL and Mrs Harrod which leaves us......jmo.

That was classic, wasn't it?

Regarding the airing of Long Lost Love in Australia without the narration: I believe that the episode was not suppose to have been aired then. I believe that here in the U.S., the wrong version of the show as sent to the Australia affiliate. It was the incomplete and unnarrated version. It was about this time that ID decided to take "Disappeared" from the line up, and we didn't get Long Lost Love on February 18th as originally scheduled.

I believe it was a fluke that Australia got it and got the unnarrated version. That was the error, not that 12 noon comment or any other narrated comment within the narrated version.

IOW, just because there was no narration in the Australian version does not mean anything nefarious or that there were errors in the episode that should be questioned as reasons for doubting the information given in the episode that aired April 4th. IMO

Here is what I believe happened. The narration with the time Agnes arrived was NEVER edited. The earlier posts didn't say the narration was edited, they said it (or something general) was edited out.

2 things were edited out or removed:

1)The narration was missing when the show was aired in Australia
2)There was a teaser video snippet of the show last spring on Disappeared's site which included the narration and Agnes speaking about what time she arrived and Jeff's response. It was taken down because it appeared too early according to the Disappeared people.

Those are the two things that were removed. They had nothing to do with editing the noon time in or out, it was always there.

I'm sure the Missouri folk can explain it better than I. Fontelle's a Missouri gal, after all.

A "hayseed" is basically an unsophisticated person or place.

I've heard the term my whole life. I've a lot of hayseed relatives living in little hayseed towns. :)

Mel (A Texas gal :) )

Here is what I believe happened. The narration with the time Agnes arrived was NEVER edited. The earlier posts didn't say the narration was edited, they said it (or something general) was edited out.

2 things were edited out or removed:

1)The narration was missing when the show was aired in Australia
2)There was a teaser video snippet of the show last spring on Disappeared's site which included the narration and Agnes speaking about what time she arrived and Jeff's response. It was taken down because it appeared too early according to the Disappeared people.

Those are the two things that were removed. They had nothing to do with editing the noon time in or out, it was always there.

Exactly! It was the time Agnes got there that was edited out of the Austalian version, the whole narration was missing. All of it. To me, it was in incompete copy of the show sent to the Australian affiliate.

Agnes' time didn't change, she apparently told the shows producers she got there at noon, which is why the narrator stated Agnes got there at noon. Agnes participated in the making of the show, so I have no doubt the producers got the information the narrator added straight from Agnes.

A "hayseed" is basically an unsophisticated person or place.

I've heard the term my whole life. I've a lot of hayseed relatives living in little hayseed towns. :)

Mel (A Texas gal :) )

LOL that made me giggle. Fontelle was making a statement that they weren't going to run her off, them thinking possibly she was an unsophisticated person. Much ado was made out of this statement and for the life of me I can't figure out why. It was suppose to show that she had no class or something, beats me how. :) I think she's very classy. And she's the only one who showed any emotion about Bob missing. The girls pretty much viewed the whole thing as being an inconvenience to them.

hayseed = unsophisticated person - country bumpkin - yokel

I thought Fontelle using that term to describe how she thought the family viewed her was adorable. such a her generation word. I am sure the family would term her as a gold digger, but the word Fontelle chose was hayseed.

adorable

and I agree, she seemed to have genuine emotion about Bob being missing whereas the daughters chose not to cooperate with a series that could help keep their dad's name and face out there. Just as they have done from the start, they safekeep his money and say and do nothing to present the public with their father's case, try to find him, etc.

The conservators have retired, are all about controlling the money but have they used any of the money they control, Bob's money, to further the effort to find him or figure out what happened?

That would be the first thing I would be trying to figure out how to get court permission to do.

How the heck would JuM even know what type of sheets her dad had on his bed? He made the bed everyday. When the bed is made one doesn't necessarily doesn't see the sheets.

Either she replaced them because she was concerned about something being found forensically or she was snooping through his linen closet.

Besides the sheets in my own home, I can't say I know what kind of sheets anyone else has outside my home.

It'd be very interesting to see the reciept for the sheets and whether she purchased them before or after Bob's disappearance.

:floorlaugh:

hayseed = unsophisticated person - country bumpkin - yokel

I thought Fontelle using that term to describe how she thought the family viewed her was adorable. such a her generation word. I am sure the family would term her as a gold digger, but the word Fontelle chose was hayseed.

adorable

and I agree, she seemed to have genuine emotion about Bob being missing whereas the daughters chose not to cooperate with a series that could help keep their dad's name and face out there. Just as they have done from the start, they safekeep his money and say and do nothing to present the public with their father's case, try to find him, etc.

The conservators have retired, are all about controlling the money but have they used any of the money they control, Bob's money, to further the effort to find him or figure out what happened?

That would be the first thing I would be trying to figure out how to get court permission to do.

Let's see-they have had two PI's that they paid out of Bob's money but they claim that they were not privvy to the reports. Way back when, we had a very animated conversation about how long the PI's had been employed, how much they billed and how likely they were going to have an impact on Bob's case when they were spending about 4 hours a month on it. Give or take.

Then, they did establish the reward more than two years later. At the time I was puzzled and then somebody pointed out to me that much like you state in your post, there was some due diligence happening.

Tough to go to court and claim you have done all you could when you havent.

I guess imo, the clause at the end of the reward sheet says it all. Family need not apply for the reward, ergo family most likely has some information. That has to be a possibility, I think.

Welcome and good for you for taking it all in!!

I dont know where the notes about the estate, checking acct etc were found. Yes, it seems reasonable that they would have been destroyed for the reason you mention, but I guess it would depend on where they were located or who had them.

Given how comprehensive the memorabilia list is, it seems also reasonable to believe that there was a period of time needed to get all of it down.

I tend to think about it this way:

No one seems to have had a key to Bob's house...no one who is a biological relative that is. I mean his daughter RB states in the episode that she called for a welfare check and that she wanted LE to get a key and look around.

Get a key from whom? And if someone had that key, why hadnt they already used it to get into the house and check for his welfare? His grandson lived one street over and we know he was home because he met LE at the house for the welfare check after getting a key from a trusted neighbor. (Check the incident report and MP report.)

In any case, it appears that none of the bio relatives had a key to Bob's house. That is an impressive list of memorabilia. Fontelle was residing in the house again on 7/29/2009. Prior to that, Bob had paid his children or forced his children to stay away from him. When was there time to create that list?

I assume that when JuM showed up to change the sheets in the early morning hours of 7/28/09, she had to occupy herself somehow. In between posting that her father had been gone for 28 hours and interviewing with the local media, that is. Maybe do a little laundry.

Thank you for raising the issue of the memorabilia list-it jumps the shark to believe that after downsizing from Monrovia to Placentia, Bob and Georgia owned nothing inside of that house.

And did you see that Julie asked for the sheets back?

BBM. This has been bugging me. I nearly posted about it last night but wanted to read more of the thread.

My impression was that they didn't have keys either and if that's true then it begs the question: Why/How/Where did JeM have a key to open the door for himself and the housekeeper? Especially if he was expecting Bob to be there when he returned? And what are the odds that these are Bob's missing keys?

Mel

I have managed to find a link to the Disappeared episode online if anyone wants it, just shoot me a PM.

are the daughters still in charge of trust?

are they (family) receiving monthly withdrawals?

is Fontelle receiving any funds or did she settle for an amount?

is Fontelle still in the home in California?

and

what the heck is wrong with this family?!?!

tia

are the daughters still in charge of trust?

are they (family) receiving monthly withdrawals?

is Fontelle receiving any funds or did she settle for an amount?

is Fontelle still in the home in California?

and

what the heck is wrong with this family?!?!

tia

I think Fontelle is still in the CA home. i think she's almost afraid to leave it as the minute her back is turned, her loving step daughters will take it away from her. (Yes, I know about all the legal implications and getting an eviction notice and go through the whole unlawful detainer process but I can see them doing something like this anyway.)

What is wrong with this family is that they see Fontelle as a threat to their inheritance. I think they want her to just go away. California is a community property state. Bob married her. He was not forced or coerced and I think that scares the step-daughters spitless.

Yes, I do find it a bit odd for any adult child residing in their own home to know what type of sheets their parents have on their bed. I wouldn't have the first clue what kind of sheets my parents have on their beds, and wouldn't after I was past the age of being a young child crawling into bed with them in the middle of the night.

I can't even explain Julie's knowledge of what is on her parents bed due to her caring for her ill mother, who was in a different bed on the 1st floor of the home.

Giving those sheets a little more thought, I suppose it is possible JeM gave something to Bob in the am after his "convenience store" visit which caused Bob to become ill, lay down, and then JeM just waited for whatever to take effect and carry him out.

It's a little more plausible, imo, since JeM did suggest to police Bob may have come down ill...

and perhaps JuM was worried some kind of fluids/forensic evidence might be on those sheets.

Did she ever turn the sheets over to LE?

BBM. This has been bugging me. I nearly posted about it last night but wanted to read more of the thread.

My impression was that they didn't have keys either and if that's true then it begs the question: Why/How/Where did JeM have a key to open the door for himself and the housekeeper? Especially if he was expecting Bob to be there when he returned? And what are the odds that these are Bob's missing keys?

Mel

I think either JeM left the back door unlocked when he left the house earlier or he went around the back so the housekeeper wouldn't see him using Bob's keys to unlock the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018