CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what Bob's friend and neighbour said, son-in-law was a nice guy, as far as he knew. Other people in the family and friends seem protective of him too, so I'm guessing he is.

So this behaviour - of keeping an obviously scared and worried woman waiting in silence, then walking away from a situation where his elderly father-in-law had gone missing - sounds like very uncharacteristic behaviour to me.

Why was he so unlike himself that day? What had happened?

Also, note the 'I remember him calling me several times to tell me I had left my garage door open' sentence.

That doesn't suggest the type of man who would have been happy to leave a door unlocked while son-in-law went out. I think JeM must have had a key. For various reasons, I don't think JeM would have left the house unlocked during his shopping trips either, whether Bob was in the house at the time or not.
Home Depot (and other such stores, and hardware stores) copies keys, no questions asked. If anyone had Bob's keys, a copy could be easily made, and then Bob's keys were disappeared.

I wonder what, if any, Home Depot security videos showed, and even if there was anything found on them, due to the seeming detraction efforts.

It's possible that someone "borrowed" Bob's keys earlier than the date Bob was reported to have disappeared.

Did Fontelle say that Bob told her that JeM was to come by that day to do repairs? We know that she says he told her about the family meeting the nite before.

What happened with Bob's car (in regard to its key, keypad, or remote "booper")? Whomever took possession of it (I think, one of his daughters?) would have had to have/get a key, etc.

One wonders how JuM would have any idea of whether or not Bob's sheets were matched at all.

Does anyone think that there was a conversation like this, between some domestic couple, somewhere? "Honey, I'm home! Your dad disappeared, but more to the point, his sheets were mismatched, and I'm concerned that he and his housekeeper might overlook such an egregious and consequential mistake, so perhaps you should run DTH with some new sheets (the ones you didn't give him yesterday, maybe) and make his bed."

"Yes, I'll drive down there tomorrow. Nothing I'd rather do! Why don't you just stay up here and rest for a while -- you look exhausted as if from heavy lifting."

All of this is just speculation, of course.

:floorlaugh:

Yup I am sure that is exactly how it went.

Undoubtedly the bio family of Bob is embracing this opportunity to widen the group of folks who are aware of his disappearance and who may have some knowledge of some events of that day.

I was told by a neighbor on Bob's street (shout out to them) that Mrs Harrod sent out postcards both in February and last week providing the details of the show and the circumstances behind the disappearance. What a great idea-this preps locals to watch the show and probably also helps them determine where they were and what they saw in the days surrounding his disappearance.

Has anyone had a chance to drive by the Disappeared FB page? What's the chatter there? What are the opinions?

This is also a chance for friends, acquaintances and co workers to take some time to think about any changes to demeanor or appearance they witnessed...regarding the principals of the case that is. LE is clear about the focus. No one should be afraid to reach out to PPD now and to share those observations.

Has anyone had a chance to drive by the Disappeared FB page? What's the chatter there? What are the opinions?

This is also a chance for friends, acquaintances and co workers to take some time to think about any changes to demeanor or appearance they witnessed...regarding the principals of the case that is. LE is clear about the focus. No one should be afraid to reach out to PPD now and to share those observations.

Most of the comments there reflect suspicion toward the daughters and son-in-law.

Undoubtedly the bio family of Bob is embracing this opportunity to widen the group of folks who are aware of his disappearance and who may have some knowledge of some events of that day.

I was told by a neighbor on Bob's street (shout out to them) that Mrs Harrod sent out postcards both in February and last week providing the details of the show and the circumstances behind the disappearance. What a great idea-this preps locals to watch the show and probably also helps them determine where they were and what they saw in the days surrounding his disappearance.

BBM

Kudos to Mrs. Harrod!

Fontelle's appearance on the show vs. her appearance in 2009 is striking. IMO she has lost a lot of weight and you can see the stress in her face. You can see that this whole ordeal is wearing on her, yet you can hear the strength and resolve in her voice. It's 100% clear to me that she wants Bob found and she's never going to stop trying to find him. It's my fervent wish that she gets answers and ultimately justice for her beloved husband.

:seeya: I am watching the "Disappeared" Show on the ID Channel about Bob ...

I did not know much about Bob's disappearance before watching this show, other than some references here at WS ...

Now this is JMO, but no doubt, one or more of the family was involved in his disappearance ...

I don't believe in "coincidences" -- and it just so happens that Bob "disappears" the day AFTER a family meeting about a "Trust" !

Follow the $$$$$ ... MOO !

:please: I hope they find Bob soon and there will be Justice !

I've just watch the show for the 4th time. I keep picking up little nuggets I missed before. Here's one that's got my hinky-meter on high alert.

JuM calls Fontelle and says, "Fontelle, Daddy's missing."

Does that seem odd to anyone else? What I mean is that, if the family had no idea where Bob went, wouldn't it stand to reason that they would call HIS WIFE earlier and ASK if she had heard from him? Something like, "hey Fontelle, Dad left the house this afternoon and hasn't been back and we're getting worried about him. Have you heard from him? Did he mention that he might go somewhere today?"

It does to me a bit. Daughter JuM said she got Bob's name on an alert that went round all the hospitals, so I would have thought her husband or the other two daughters could have phoned around everyone Bob knew. Everything I've heard suggests Bob only had a very small circle of people close to him, yet

The neighbour and friend who had moved, PE, wasn't called.
Mrs Harrod wasn't called until that night.

I wonder if Bob's friends he had taken Fontelle to see, in Lake Tahoe, were informed?
Or if any of Georgia's relatives were asked if they'd seen him?
Or Bob's sister and her family?

It does to me a bit. Daughter JuM said she got Bob's name on an alert that went round all the hospitals, so I would have thought her husband or the other two daughters could have phoned around everyone Bob knew. Everything I've heard suggests Bob only had a very small circle of people close to him, yet

The neighbour and friend who had moved, PE, wasn't called.
Mrs Harrod wasn't called until that night.

I wonder if Bob's friends he had taken Fontelle to see, in Lake Tahoe, were informed?
Or if any of Georgia's relatives were asked if they'd seen him?
Or Bob's sister and her family?
On the show, PB said that they were joking with him after the family meeting about the BL and Fontelle, and being a newlywed. Why didn't they contact the BL? They knew he had spent time with her. If her SUV was allegedly seen by the SIL, wouldn't it make sense to check with her? Especially if they were insinuating that Bob had gotten cold feet, wouldn't he possibly turn to BL?

I don't know...it's just bugging me. It doesn't seem normal to make the leap to "Daddy's missing" without trying to determine where he might be.

I have a similar belief, but I think it was as simple as asking Bob to ride along to the hardware store. :twocents:

That would make sense. A honey do list and let's go to the Hardware store after that 10:00 am call. Only SIL was unable to provide LE with any reciept to verify that morning HW trip. His provided receipts were for the am convienence store and the 3pm HW store trip.

I think Det. Radomski told us why the timeline hasn't been cleared up. 3 trips out, but only two receipts.

That would make sense. A honey do list and let's go to the Hardware store after that 10:00 am call. Only SIL was unable to provide LE with any reciept to verify that morning HW trip. His provided receipts were for the am convienence store and the 3pm HW store trip.

I think Det. Radomski told us why the timeline hasn't been cleared up. 3 trips, but only two reciepts.
I'd like to hear from the housekeeper about whether or not the SIL had any purchases with him when he arrived back at the house. The show portrayed it that way, but that doesn't mean it happened that way. :twocents:

Crazy random thought...I wonder if SIL knew that Bob had ALWAYS made the bed? Could he have been upstairs messing up the made bed because he thought Bob normally would leave it unmade when the housekeeper was coming? Is that too weird? Could JuM have come to change the sheets because she was afraid her husband's DNA would be found in a place it had no business being? Arghhh...I think I might drive myself crazy with this stuff.

I've just watch the show for the 4th time. I keep picking up little nuggets I missed before. Here's one that's got my hinky-meter on high alert.

JuM calls Fontelle and says, "Fontelle, Daddy's missing."

Does that seem odd to anyone else? What I mean is that, if the family had no idea where Bob went, wouldn't it stand to reason that they would call HIS WIFE earlier and ASK if she had heard from him? Something like, "hey Fontelle, Dad left the house this afternoon and hasn't been back and we're getting worried about him. Have you heard from him? Did he mention that he might go somewhere today?"

BBM. I addition to agreeing with the rest of your post, I find the baby talk highly manipulative. Since when does a 50+ year old woman refer to her father as "daddy" to her 70+ year old step mother.

I think Daughter RB needs to look at her sister, her nephew and her BIL with respect to "dark persons".

I'd like to hear from the housekeeper about whether or not the SIL had any purchases with him when he arrived back at the house. The show portrayed it that way, but that doesn't mean it happened that way. :twocents:

Crazy random thought...I wonder if SIL knew that Bob had ALWAYS made the bed? Could he have been upstairs messing up the made bed because he thought Bob normally would leave it unmade when the housekeeper was coming? Is that too weird? Could JuM have come to change the sheets because she was afraid her husband's DNA would be found in a place it had no business being? Arghhh...I think I might drive myself crazy with this stuff.

If the show portrayed it that way, it doesn't necessarily mean that purchase was made that morning. Those items could have been purchased in advance. Jeff could have seen the honey do list previously and had them purchased days earlier.

There is a reason only one receipt was provided for two hardware store trips.

Jeff wasn't expecting the cleaning lady to show up until the following day. That could explain the lack of a rush to have the place cleaned up before he left for the 2nd trip out.

BBM. I addition to agreeing with the rest of your post, I find the baby talk highly manipulative. Since when does a 50+ year old woman refer to her father as "daddy" to her 70+ year old step mother.

I think Daughter RB needs to look at her sister, her nephew and her BIL with respect to "dark persons".

BBM

So it's not just me that's rubbed the wrong way by that! I found it to be condescending, like JuM had to keep it simple in order for Fontelle to understand. Besides, a missing Father is a very serious situation. You'd think she'd have her game face on for something like that.

On the show, PB said that they were joking with him after the family meeting about the BL and Fontelle, and being a newlywed. Why didn't they contact the BL? They knew he had spent time with her. If her SUV was allegedly seen by the SIL, wouldn't it make sense to check with her? Especially if they were insinuating that Bob had gotten cold feet, wouldn't he possibly turn to BL?

I don't know...it's just bugging me. It doesn't seem normal to make the leap to "Daddy's missing" without trying to determine where he might be.

It was daughter RB who stated they were joking about him being a newly wed. I seem to recall daughter PB stating Fontelle was not mentioned at the meeting.

Either I missed it, or were edits made to the contradicting information the two co-conservators made which we saw in the You Tube snippet from the Australia airing (since removed due to copy right)? That is something I am going to have to look for when I have an opportunity to watch the show again.

]It was daughter RB who stated they were joking about him being a newly wed. I seem to recall daughter PB stating Fontelle was not mentioned at the meeting.
[/B]
Either I missed it, or were edits made to the contradicting information the two co-conservators made which we saw in the You Tube snippet from the Australia airing (since removed due to copy right)? That is something I am going to have to look for when I have an opportunity to watch the show again.

BBM

You're correct. Sorry, I keep getting these two mixed up!

I didn't see the You Tube snippet, so I can't comment on that. I'd love to find the Australia airing in it's entirety!

I have seen somewhere that daughters said they went to the hairdresser's house to check/and or they asked LE to check. I don't think that would have been on the night Bob went missing though. Which was when all actions would have really mattered, if Bob was lying hurt or injured somewhere.

BBM

You're correct. Sorry, I keep getting these two mixed up!

I didn't see the You Tube snippet, so I can't comment on that. I'd love to find the Australia airing in it's entirety!

The you tube snippet was the last 5 minutes and 32 seconds of the show which aired in Australia. I don't think we did a transcript of it, because we assumed a short snipped would fall within copyright.

Anyhoo, in those last 5 minutes of the Aussie airing, Daughter PB mentions that both Bob and Roberta got heated. PB also stated Fontelle was not mentioned during the meeting. That differs from what RB said about the joking about him being a newly wed. I don't remember if it was there or not with the US airing, if you could watch for that I would appreciate it.

I don't know when I am going to have the opportunity to see the show again. It may not be until next weekend at the soonest.

tia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member