CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen somewhere that daughters said they went to the hairdresser's house to check/and or they asked LE to check. I don't think that would have been on the night Bob went missing though. Which was when all actions would have really mattered, if Bob was lying hurt or injured somewhere.

Det. Loomis stated they looked into the hairdressers whereabouts and her alibi was verified.

Let's define verified for those who are still questioning the hairdressers involvement:
Make sure or demonstrate that (something) is true, accurate, or justified.

IDK about any visits to the hairdressers house, but I doubt they were made the day of Bob's disappearance, if they were made. Why travel to the Hair Dresser's house, instead of your own missing fathers home on the day of his disappearance?

One of these days I am going to find a way to articulate my thoughts on the "dark person" reference. That particular comment struck me as well.

The you tube snippet was the last 5 minutes and 32 seconds of the show which aired in Australia. I don't think we did a transcript of it, because we assumed a short snipped would fall within copyright.

Anyhoo, in those last 5 minutes of the Aussie airing, Daughter PB mentions that both Bob and Roberta got heated. PB also stated Fontelle was not mentioned during the meeting. That differs from what RB said about the joking about him being a newly wed. I don't remember if it was there or not with the US airing, if you could watch for that I would appreciate it.

I don't know when I am going to have the opportunity to see the show again. It may not be until next weekend at the soonest.

tia!

Gimme a few and I'll transcribe that part, if that's allowed.

Ju was posting at one time on a forum somewhere. Does she still have an online presence?

Gimme a few and I'll transcribe that part, if that's allowed.

A transcription is allowed. If you can reference the time in or at what minute mark that would be great, but the minute mark is not required.

About 52 minutes in...

RB-"Dad called a meeting for July 26th. The purpose was for him to, as trustee, report to us on the status of our mother's bypass trust. He was required, by law, to provide certain reporting and he hadn't done that yet."

Narrator-As the meeting began, Bob's daughters felt he still was not being completely forthcoming with the information.

PB-"Roberta was looking over the papers and wanting to know what it was referring to when it said certain things. And Dad couldn't answer the question.

RB-"He didn't put all the information out on the table that he had told us that we were being given. And so I had some questions for him and he got testy."

PB-"He was very flustered and it made him quick to temper. And it made her quick to temper."

Narrator-Bob's youngest daughter Julie was able to find the missing documents, clearing up some of the confusion and easing the tension.

PB-"Once the papers were found(note-almost sounds like she said the word 'filed'), and these articles were read aloud, everything settled back down and everyone was fine."

RB-"We sat around joking and laughing about the barber and also Fontelle and teasing him about being a newlywed and she was going to be there in a couple days."

PB-"Everyone left on good terms. There was nothing that was leftover and everyone was fine."

New scene....

Narrator-Later that night, Fontelle spoke to Bob on the phone. According to her, he was still quite shaken by the exchange with his daughters.

FH-"Bob was very upset because of the meeting. It was argumentive (sic). Roberta was always the first one, he says, to start arguing and causing confusion in family."

Narrator-Fontelle says the conflict was not over the trust. Instead, it had to do with another announcement Bob made.

FH-"He told the girls that as soon as I got back from Missouri, he was going to add my name to the house, to his checking accounts, and also to the estate."

Narrator-But Bob's daughters dispute that he ever said such a thing.

PB-"The meeting that was held was not about Fontelle. At all. She was not part of the discussion that day. Dad does not share his private or personal matters with anyone. He never had, and he continued not to. And that's his choice."

About 52 minutes in...

RB-"We sat around joking and laughing about the barber and also Fontelle and teasing him about being a newlywed and she was going to be there in a couple days."

PB-"The meeting that was held was not about Fontelle. At all. She was not part of the discussion that day. Dad does not share his private or personal matters with anyone. He never had, and he continued not to. And that's his choice."

Thank you so much, tamild. :tyou: That is what I was looking for and see it was not edited out.

Both of the above persons were at the meeting, yet they each give conflicting statements.
Her name either came up, or it didn't.

Ju was posting at one time on a forum somewhere. Does she still have an online presence?

With an average of 20 posts a day, on rim of the world, someone posted upthread. But no mention of her Dad's Disappeared, Long Lost Love Episode. I think that was the website where she was allowed to post people's ip addresses online, for some strange reason.

Being in Germany and unable to either legally view the episode or even purchase it online to view it, I find myself a bit stuck. I would really like a little review of the episode for Bob's website. But if I write one myself people might think I have either done something to break copyright rules or am making it up. Could anyone here help me out? Write a little informative review that I could use?

Please let me know if you can.

Thank you so much, tamild. :tyou: That is what I was looking for and see it was not edited out.

Both of the above persons were at the meeting, yet they each give conflicting statements.
Her name either came up, or it didn't.
Happy to help!

Don't forget, we also have Bob's account via Fontelle. Even if one chooses to believe that Fontelle was lying about the discussion regarding adding her, it's clear that he did tell her that the meeting was heated and that RB was at the heart of that-this point is corroborated by PB's account.

The other thing that really stands out for me is Paula's revelation Bob asked her to find Fontelle months before Fontelle called Bob.

Why was that first revealed 2.5 years (taping)/3.5 years (airing) after their father disappeared, after they had spent years trying to make Fontelle appear as a money hungry :censored: who sought their father out.

I mean, really -two and a half years- it takes to reveal your father asked you to find Fontelle appx 5 months before she found him?

That makes me wonder what else are they keeping hidden and not being forthcoming?

It made me also wonder if perhaps the heavy load of all these family secrets was weighing heavy on Paula's shoulders. If so, please PB, do the right thing for your father. Better late than never, and I am sure people would understand why it took time to have the courage to do right by your dad. :please:

That Bob sought out Fontelle FIRST changes everything, imo and it does not make Bob's daughters look pretty. It angers me they withheld that information for as long as they did.

Happy to help!

Don't forget, we also have Bob's account via Fontelle. Even if one chooses to believe that Fontelle was lying about the discussion regarding adding her, it's clear that he did tell her that the meeting was heated and that RB was at the heart of that-this point is corroborated by PB's account.

Ya, well, we have Bob's account via Paula too..... which just happened to come out years after Bob disappeared.

Can I ask you to transcribe the part of the show were Paula mentions Bob asking her to find Fontelle? If it is not too much trouble. It would be greatly appreciated.

Being in Germany and unable to either legally view the episode or even purchase it online to view it, I find myself a bit stuck. I would really like a little review of the episode for Bob's website. But if I write one myself people might think I have either done something to break copyright rules or am making it up. Could anyone here help me out? Write a little informative review that I could use?

I'm glad you brought this up, because I've been meaning to make a suggestion and keep getting off track with other parts of the discussion.

Is anyone here able to burn a copy of the show on a disk or flash drive for zwie and able to send it to her?

If that is ok with you, zwie, perhaps people can contact you via pm to arrange getting a copy to you. I don't even know if Disappeared ever airs in Germany, do you?

Ya, well, we have Bob's account via Paula too..... which just happened to come out years after Bob disappeared.

Can I ask you to transcribe the part of the show were Paula mentions Bob asking her to find Fontelle? If it is not too much trouble. It would be greatly appreciated.
Sure!

Is this what you needed?

2 minutes in:

PB-"Dad first mentioned Fontelle to me in December of 2008. He had told me that they were engaged some 59 years previously, when they both lived in Missouri. And that he wouldn't know how to get in touch with her. I tried to look Fontelle up on the internet, to no avail. 'Cause she'd obviously been married and you can't find somebody unless you know their name."

Is anyone here able to burn a copy of the show on a disk or hard drive for zwie and able to send it to her?

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I only knew how. :blushing: I don't have a clue how to get video from my DVR to the computer.

Sure!

Is this what you needed?

2 minutes in:

PB-"Dad first mentioned Fontelle to me in December of 2008. He had told me that they were engaged some 59 years previously, when they both lived in Missouri. And that he wouldn't know how to get in touch with her. I tried to look Fontelle up on the internet, to no avail. "Cause she'd obviously been married and you can't find somebody unless you know their name."

Thank you. Knowing this makes me cry. My heart is heavier than it was before watching the show.

Thank you. Knowing this makes me cry. My heart is heavier than it was before watching the show.

I have to wonder just how hard she looked. I just found her previous last name (on whitepages) using a simple google search for Fontelle and Missouri. I mean seriously, how many Fontelles could there really be?

I'm glad you brought this up, because I've been meaning to make a suggestion and keep getting off track with other parts of the discussion.

Is anyone here able to burn a copy of the show on a disk or flash drive for zwie and able to send it to her?

If that is ok with you, zwie, perhaps people can contact you via pm to arrange getting a copy to you. I don't even know if Disappeared ever airs in Germany, do you?

I think this would infringe Dicovery copyright. So best not to. I don't want to upset those wonderful people who have done so much for Bob's case!

I'm not much of a writer, but I don't want to see you left hanging. If no one else can do it, shoot me a PM later and we can talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member